Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2003 2:15:18 PM EDT
Good, bad or in between?  Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
It was good.  At the end Da Vinci executes janet reno in a trailer and feeds her to the hogs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent read.  If you are a religious FANATIC from the Catholic church, you may find it less than appealing, however.  But it's a great book.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a Catholic, but not an Opus Dei. I liked it.

It had a lot of interesting ideas and history.

I would recommend it and it is a fast read too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#5]
It was tolerable, and I don't mean it was bad at all.  Twenty years ago I read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" (which is given due recognition in "The Da Vinci Code") and I thought that the background story was far more interesting than the "mystery" of the novel.

Don't put too much credibility on the background story though.  What starts out as a great conspiracy idea begins to bog down (IMHO) when you run into characters who are fantastically wealthy individuals.  I believe this is a statement from the author that he really doesn't want to be all that creative, so he will introduce someone who can "realistically" supply any sort of plot device:  a private boat, a plane, fantastic soldiery, ninjas, spy networks, exotic equipment, a private bowling alley, large mansions, exploding Cuban cigars, death rays, Basque smugglers, Mossad assassins, sex toys illegal on three continents, all the green jello in the world, and/or Queen Elizabeth II.

Don't worry; the above list is not a spoiler and doesn't cover what you may find in the book.

"The Da Vinci Code" is a good read, but, as I said, the background is more interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top