Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 12:11:35 PM EDT
A friend of my brothers is a little hard up for money. He has a 2003 Yamaha Blaster. The thing is less than a year old and it looks new. He says I can have it for $1000. I called the local ASK and they have them on sell now for $2,995 + tax.

I know this isn't top of the line but I don't need any "you should get this." I'm not shopping for an ATV but if the price is right I wouldn't mind getting it to play around with at the house.

I don't know depreciation values on ATVs. I'm sure they don't loose a good $2,000 when they leave the show room so it sounds like a "very" fair price, for me that is. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Given then info you provided, ITS A FREAKIN' STEAL!!!!!

How good a friend is this, as he may resent you taking advantage of him one day.  [:D]

The REAL question here is -

Will you be the end user??

If not, BUY IT, sell it, and buy more guns!!!! (your sig line not withstanding)

If you will be the end user, consider: (I used to own a BLaster)

I wouldn't recommend one for anyone over 190 lbs.

They got enuf power, its just a size thing. YOu'll be pretty cramped if your more than 190, or taller than 5'10"

They have a short wheelbase. That means they wheelie easily. That can be a bad thing, or a good thing. My Blater died when I put a twist throttle on it, and tried to wheelie over a log. I rolled back the throttle wide open, and couldn't get off it.

I center punched a VERY stout tree wide open in second (maybe third) gear, and bent the frame. Went over the hadlebars, etc etc etc.

Now, given teh above, the Blaster is STILL a great ATV. PLENTY of power (for teh right rider)

Check to see if it has rear disc (or rear drum brakes) If rear disc, GET IT.

Then sell it, or use it yourself, depending on the ^.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a great price to me...
make sure you ride it and is comfterable for you they are built a little small.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If it looks new, snag it. Fun little machine if you don't weigh too much.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Size is fine, I'm lucky if I weigh 150.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you learn to manage the short wheelbase, and use it to your advantage, you'll love it.

Buyt again, check to make sure tis a DISC brake model.

Trust me on that. Unless you only plan on riding it on dunes.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If you learn to manage the short wheelbase, and use it to your advantage, you'll love it.

Buyt again, check to make sure tis a DISC brake model.

Trust me on that. Unless you only plan on riding it on dunes.

View Quote

Yes, 4 wheel discs. My brother is calling a friend now to borrow a truck.

Funny I'm setting here researching Mausers one minute and buying an ATV the next.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Let us know how you like it when you get it.

Where you planning on riding it???
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know. This is all happening in the last 30 minutes. I live "out". Some woods and a lot of farm land. I just thought if the price is right I couldn't go wrong to play with around the house.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#9]
i'm 6'3 250lbs and ride one.. they aint that small but not big either.. and plenty of power
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Start looking into the ATV mags at teh store.

Theres LOTS to learn to make your new toy more fun.

Or email me any questions you have. I rode / raced for a good while, have done some ATV legislation advocacy, written Congressman about land useage issues, , rebuilt ATV's, etc etc etc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top