Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2003 8:54:17 AM EDT
About a year ago there was post about a soldier with a jammed M16 in a firefight and he called tech support?
It was like he called tech support for a computer and was funny as shit. Anyone got it saved?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh man, I must have missed it. Sounds good.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Its really funny! Somebody must have it know who posted it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I know what you're talking about, and yes it was DAMNED funny.

Unfortunately, I don't have it or know where to find it...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds funny, hope someone finds it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone please find this thread!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump. I gotta find this.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I think this is it...

If Dell made M-16's.....

Picture a GI in the middle of a firefight. His gun is jammed so he runs (with covering fire) over to a radio man to call for support.

Ring ring....
Dell computerized answering system: "Thank you for calling Dell firearms support. All of our representatives are busy assisting other customers. Please be assured that we value your call and will get to you as soon as possible. Please stay on the line and your call will be answered in the order received."
....muzak plays to the sounds of small arms fire in the background.....

Ring....
Dell Operator (DO): "Hi, my name is Kathy, thank you for calling Dell M-16 support. Can I have your name rank and serial number please?"

GI: HEY, I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT AND MY GUN IS JAMMED!"

DO: Ok, sir, I'll need your name and serial number before I can help you.

GI: WHAT???? GEEZ...I'M SGT SMOTHERS, NUMBER 5551212123

(mortar round explodes in the background, much screaming)

DO: Thank you sir. I see you're a first time caller. Can I also have your unit and commanding officer's name?

GI: WHAT?

DO: I said, I see you're a first time caller. Can I also have your unit and commanding officer's name?

GI: UH, OK I JUST NEED HELP UNJAMMING MY RIFLE!!!

DO: Sir, if I can't verify you're a customer of Dell's then how can I help you?

(more small arms fire)

GI: MY COMMANDER IS 1st LT. JOHNSON, I'M WITH THE 82ND AIRBORNE, AND IT'S GETTING REALLY BAD, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME HERE??

DO: Thank you sir. You unit is registered with Dell. Let's proceed. What is the serial number of the rifle you are calling for?

GI: WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET SOME HELP LADY? UMMM....IT'S..... (explosion goes off nearby)....SHIT!!!

DO: Sir, if you're going to swear at me I'll have to terminate this call.

GI: NO! NOT YOU LADY, CHARLIE'S FUCKIN' SHOOTING AT ME RIGHT NOW AND IT'S KINDA HAIRY. ANYWAY, THE NUMBER IS 1112234.

DO: Hold please while I look up information for that particular type of rifle.

GI: WHAT THE F....

(....muzak version of "My Way" plays...)

DO: Thank you for holding. I show that as an M4-A3 type rifle, correct?

GI: UH...YEAH I THINK SO....

(screaming and small arms fire continues unabated in the background)

DO: Great. First I'd like to verify that the rifle is loaded. Do you have a loaded magazine nearby?

GI: LADY, THE FUCKIN' RIFLE'S LOADED ALREADY, BUT IT'S NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW!

DO: Please sir, we need to follow these steps in order to make a correct diagnosis of your problem.

GI: (quite perturbed) OK, DAMN, ONE SEC. (Click, clak, clickety thunk) ALRIGHT I PUT A FRESH MAG IN AND RACKED THE CHARGING HANDLE! NOW WHAT???

DO: Please don't get ahead, sir. Now can you please pull gently back on the charging handle about a third of the way back and verify that a round has been chambered?

GI: (more perturbed as the sound of gun fire is getting closer) OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!! (Thunk, Clak, Smack) YEAH IT'S GOT ONE IN THE PIPE.

DO: Thank you sir. Now please ensure that the selector switch on the left hand side of the rifle is in the "SEMI" position by moving it so the pointed end is straight up.

GI: OK, IT'S THERE. (A machine gun goes off nearby)

DO: Thank you. Please point the rifle in a safe direction away from all people and objects, and pull the trigger.

GI: (CLICK!) NOTHING, LIKE I TOLD YA!!

DO: Ok, that's odd....it should just fire now.

GI: WELL NO SHIT!!! THAT'S WHY I'M CALLIN' YA!!!

DO: Sir, please don't get haughty with me!

GI: LADY JUST HELP ME OUT THEY'RE GETTIN' CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (small arms fire, some screams and yells of close combat)

DO: I'm going to have to transfer you to a 2nd level technician. In case we get cut off, here's a case number for you: DMBSHT101

GI: YEAH, PLEASE HURRY!!!

DO: Please hold while I transfer you.

(.....Muzak version of "Stayin' Alive plays.....)

DO2: Hi, sir, I understand you have a loaded rifle that's not firing?

GI: YEAH, AND I'M KIND OF IN A RUSH, CHARLIE'S ALL AROUND OUR POSITION AND THERE'S NO AIR SUPPORT COMING FOR 15 MINUTES!

DO2: Ok, sir let me see if I can help. If you rack the charging handle does the hammer reset?

GI: (RACK! Click! RACK! Click! RACK! Click!) YEAH IT DOES.

DO2: Ok, sir, can you remove the bolt and bolt carrier from your rifle?

GI: LOOK BUDDY I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT!!!

DO2: Sir, I suspect that this is a problem with your bolt and carrier group and I'd like to verify that before I have you ship the rifle to Dell for warranty work.

GI: WHAT??????? YOU WANT ME TO SEND YOU MY RIFLE? I'LL BE DEAD SOON THANKS TO YOU NUMBSKULLS!!! (Machinegun fire erupts nearby, more screams) SHIT!!!

DO2: Sir that's completely unnecessary. Please calm down. I realize this is a stressful situation.

GI: (explosion, followed by screaming and small arms fire)

DO2: Sir?

(line goes dead)

DO2: You still on Kathy?

DO: Yeah, now what?

DO2: Mark that case closed, customer was unwilling to perform troubleshooting duties.

DO: That's like the third one this week.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think this is it...

If Dell made M-16's.....

Picture a GI in the middle of a firefight. His gun is jammed so he runs (with covering fire) over to a radio man to call for support.

Ring ring....
Dell computerized answering system: "Thank you for calling Dell firearms support. All of our representatives are busy assisting other customers. Please be assured that we value your call and will get to you as soon as possible. Please stay on the line and your call will be answered in the order received."
....muzak plays to the sounds of small arms fire in the background.....

Ring....
Dell Operator (DO): "Hi, my name is Kathy, thank you for calling Dell M-16 support. Can I have your name rank and serial number please?"

GI: HEY, I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT AND MY GUN IS JAMMED!"

DO: Ok, sir, I'll need your name and serial number before I can help you.

GI: WHAT???? GEEZ...I'M SGT SMOTHERS, NUMBER 5551212123

(mortar round explodes in the background, much screaming)

DO: Thank you sir. I see you're a first time caller. Can I also have your unit and commanding officer's name?

GI: WHAT?

DO: I said, I see you're a first time caller. Can I also have your unit and commanding officer's name?

GI: UH, OK I JUST NEED HELP UNJAMMING MY RIFLE!!!

DO: Sir, if I can't verify you're a customer of Dell's then how can I help you?

(more small arms fire)

GI: MY COMMANDER IS 1st LT. JOHNSON, I'M WITH THE 82ND AIRBORNE, AND IT'S GETTING REALLY BAD, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME HERE??

DO: Thank you sir. You unit is registered with Dell. Let's proceed. What is the serial number of the rifle you are calling for?

GI: WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET SOME HELP LADY? UMMM....IT'S..... (explosion goes off nearby)....SHIT!!!

DO: Sir, if you're going to swear at me I'll have to terminate this call.

GI: NO! NOT YOU LADY, CHARLIE'S FUCKIN' SHOOTING AT ME RIGHT NOW AND IT'S KINDA HAIRY. ANYWAY, THE NUMBER IS 1112234.

DO: Hold please while I look up information for that particular type of rifle.

GI: WHAT THE F....

(....muzak version of "My Way" plays...)

DO: Thank you for holding. I show that as an M4-A3 type rifle, correct?

GI: UH...YEAH I THINK SO....

(screaming and small arms fire continues unabated in the background)

DO: Great. First I'd like to verify that the rifle is loaded. Do you have a loaded magazine nearby?

GI: LADY, THE FUCKIN' RIFLE'S LOADED ALREADY, BUT IT'S NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW!

DO: Please sir, we need to follow these steps in order to make a correct diagnosis of your problem.

GI: (quite perturbed) OK, DAMN, ONE SEC. (Click, clak, clickety thunk) ALRIGHT I PUT A FRESH MAG IN AND RACKED THE CHARGING HANDLE! NOW WHAT???

DO: Please don't get ahead, sir. Now can you please pull gently back on the charging handle about a third of the way back and verify that a round has been chambered?

GI: (more perturbed as the sound of gun fire is getting closer) OH FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!! (Thunk, Clak, Smack) YEAH IT'S GOT ONE IN THE PIPE.

DO: Thank you sir. Now please ensure that the selector switch on the left hand side of the rifle is in the "SEMI" position by moving it so the pointed end is straight up.

GI: OK, IT'S THERE. (A machine gun goes off nearby)

DO: Thank you. Please point the rifle in a safe direction away from all people and objects, and pull the trigger.

GI: (CLICK!) NOTHING, LIKE I TOLD YA!!

DO: Ok, that's odd....it should just fire now.

GI: WELL NO SHIT!!! THAT'S WHY I'M CALLIN' YA!!!

DO: Sir, please don't get haughty with me!

GI: LADY JUST HELP ME OUT THEY'RE GETTIN' CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (small arms fire, some screams and yells of close combat)

DO: I'm going to have to transfer you to a 2nd level technician. In case we get cut off, here's a case number for you: DMBSHT101

GI: YEAH, PLEASE HURRY!!!

DO: Please hold while I transfer you.

(.....Muzak version of "Stayin' Alive plays.....)

DO2: Hi, sir, I understand you have a loaded rifle that's not firing?

GI: YEAH, AND I'M KIND OF IN A RUSH, CHARLIE'S ALL AROUND OUR POSITION AND THERE'S NO AIR SUPPORT COMING FOR 15 MINUTES!

DO2: Ok, sir let me see if I can help. If you rack the charging handle does the hammer reset?

GI: (RACK! Click! RACK! Click! RACK! Click!) YEAH IT DOES.

DO2: Ok, sir, can you remove the bolt and bolt carrier from your rifle?

GI: LOOK BUDDY I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT!!!

DO2: Sir, I suspect that this is a problem with your bolt and carrier group and I'd like to verify that before I have you ship the rifle to Dell for warranty work.

GI: WHAT??????? YOU WANT ME TO SEND YOU MY RIFLE? I'LL BE DEAD SOON THANKS TO YOU NUMBSKULLS!!! (Machinegun fire erupts nearby, more screams) SHIT!!!

DO2: Sir that's completely unnecessary. Please calm down. I realize this is a stressful situation.

GI: (explosion, followed by screaming and small arms fire)

(line goes dead)

DO2: You still on Kathy?

DO: Yeah, now what?

DO2: Mark that case closed, customer was unwilling to perform troubleshooting duties.

DO: That's like the third one this week.

View Quote

To add......the help desk is in India
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Yaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats it! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!
Arkie, you da man! Thanks bud!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To add......the help desk is in India
View Quote

Hell yeah, they all are or most! I called after ordering a laptop online last Saturday just to see how many USB ports came with that model. After 45 mins and 6-8 Indian women which I couldn't understand, I gave up! Why couldn't I get one of those goofy kids you see on their commercial! Not to mention you just about have to give a DNA sample just to ask a simple question. [cuss]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top