Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 8:29:03 AM EDT
DUer's manager is having some kind of medical problem (my guess is a panic attack).
What do they do?  Log in to DU and ask for medical advice.  This is AFTER they hung up with 911
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=888140

2. If he's breathing and his heart is pumping - aspirin
Edited on Fri Dec-12-03 11:23 AM by FlaGranny
If he's not breathing - START CPR the best you can.

say what?

soothsayer  (1000+ posts)      Fri Dec-12-03 11:25 AM
Response to Original message
8. rub that area between her upper lip and her nose or press on it
it's supposed to stop heart attacks (seriously)

Could somebody who actually still has posting priveledges go over there and tell those boneheads to get CPR training before they get somebody killed with their whacko medical advice, or get themselves in a nasty lawsuit because they hurt somebody?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell NO!

Let the all do the "Poking Finger Trick"...hopefully that will be the only theng they do.  Many less DU'ers that way.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone needs to find & post on DUh the medical advice that claims if someone collapses due to an O.D. on Extasy, that you cram ice cubes up their ass to revive them. There was some warning posted somewhere regarding that advice, about some nerve in your colon that is connected to your heart and doing this could kill you. [lol]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
soothsayer (1000+ posts) Fri Dec-12-03 11:25 AM
Response to Original message
8. rub that area between her upper lip and her nose or press on it
it's supposed to stop heart attacks (seriously)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got to go register so I can share my plans on how to build your own home-defibrillator.

You only need a magneto from a lawn mower engine, a set of jumper cables, and two empty Spaghetti-O's cans.

[size=4][red]CLEAR!!![/red][/size=4]

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Now you guys can see the motivation behind my thread a couple days ago about falling off the roof and getting impaled, and asking for medical advice... stuff like this!! hahahaha. I can't believe the amount of people who think they're going to get medical help from a message board.  The worst would be ar15.com though, you'd be sitting there waiting for the page to load... "come on come on, yer killing me here!!"
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]
NO!  Someone must post that sexual stimulation is guaranteed to stop a heart attack!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've got to go register so I can share my plans on how to build your own home-defibrillator.

You only need a magneto from a lawn mower engine, a set of jumper cables, and two empty Spaghetti-O's cans.

[size=4][red]CLEAR!!![/red][/size=4]

[:D]
View Quote

Keep the F$&* away from me! [:O]

I may have to spend this afternoon over there watching the fools. [LOL]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Aren't these the same people who want to run our health care system?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#9]
And this surprises you why?
remember, there are only two types of idiots at DU,
1. Those that give their advise/opinions.
2. Those that listen to them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#10]
What? Has no-one recommended the ice-water enema yet?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#11]
That HAD to be a joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top