Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/12/2003 7:46:33 AM EDT
Talked to this girl who is a friend of mine.

She said she will not have sex before marriage. She will not even "makeout". Yes, she's a fundamental Christian. Anyway, she's 25 yo and very attractive. Never married, never had kids, although she admits to yearning to have a baby.

Her stance is that by abstaining from physical intimacy of any type before marriage, she is keeping her value as a woman high. She also claims there is a benefit because marriages tend to last with those who did not "fool around" much before the wedding.

To give her credit, she says she doesn't need a big wedding, or expensive gifts. A simple wedding would be fine with her. And with whoever she marries, she will be devoted to him for the rest of her life.

What do you think? Does this girl have it right, or she too archaic?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a most impressive young lady.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
When I got married at age 29 I was a virgin.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#5]
A woman of rare and noble character.  A gem for whoever she ends up marrying.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I may be crazy, but I find that purity damn sexy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I got married at age 29 I was a virgin.
View Quote

[shock]

Ouch
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I think that if this is part of her value system and beliefs, then this is right for her.  It doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.  There are some positive aspects to waiting until marriage.  She doesn't have to worry about sexually transmitted diseases, she doesn't have to be concerned that a guy is using her for sex and the biggest advantage would be that she will think the sex is good because she will have no experience for comparisons (which may be a huge advantage for the guy [:)]).
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think that if this is part of her value system and beliefs, then this is right for her.  It doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.  There are some positive aspects to waiting until marriage.  She doesn't have to worry about sexually transmitted diseases, she doesn't have to be concerned that a guy is using her for sex and the biggest advantage would be that she will think the sex is good because she will have no experience for comparisons (which may be a huge advantage for the guy [:)]).
View Quote

Would you want your son to marry someone like this?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

He is only 12, but HELL yes I would.  A person with those kind of morals is very rare indeed!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Something to consider, but she also said she had a very good relationship with her father. I got the impression he died not too long ago, to her heartbreak. She took care of him in his ill health. No word about the mother.

She is just so precious!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

My son can marry whomever he chooses. But since you asked, I would much prefer him to marry a girl like your friend than the town slut.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#13]
All major appliances come in white, sometimes they are just hard to find.[;)]

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Her stance is that by abstaining from physical intimacy of any type before marriage, she is keeping her value as a woman high. She also claims there is a benefit because marriages tend to last with those who did not "fool around" much before the wedding.

To give her credit, she says she doesn't need a big wedding, or expensive gifts. A simple wedding would be fine with her. And with whoever she marries, she will be devoted to him for the rest of her life.

View Quote

My cousin and his first wife waited until they were married to have sex.  She said "He was the one" and she could "just tell".  She was going to be devoted to him for the rest of their lives.

2 years later she claims she doesn't like sex, never puts out, stops talking to him, and they end up divorced.

My parents taught me the same type of idea but I think it's simply crap.  Sure the value of the woman is higher but that's it.

Here's why I say it's crap.  This girl and others who push this ideal say that sex isn't that big of a deal and you can wait until marriage.  But then they come back and say that sex before marriage is such a huge deal that the couple is pretty much doomed.  So which is it?  Is sex not important or is it so important that marriage will fail?

I'm happy to say my cousin has remarried to a very nice girl who has some experience under her belt.  They get along extreamly well and I see them being together for a very long time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I would never marry a 25 year old virgin.
First I would want a test drive before devoting my life to someone.

And someone who can go that long w/o sex probably has a abiding fear/dread of sex and wouldn't be any good in bed anyway.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#17]
At first, it sounded good. But, would you buy a car before you took it for a test drive?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?

Can't use this phrase with this girl!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

She said she will not have sex before marriage. She will not even "makeout". Yes, she's a fundamental Christian. Anyway, she's 25 yo and very attractive. Never married, never had kids, although she admits to yearning to have a baby.

View Quote

Nothing's wrong with that.....And I married my wife that way. [beer]

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I would definitely talk to her about sex - A LOT - before marrying her, but I think it's great. My older boy took the "true love waits" pledge as did his gf. Can you imagine what it would add to your devotion to your spouse if 100% of your (non-solo) LIFETIME sexual pleasure had been given by her? She's a prize, unless the time you spend wooing her (and talking to her friends, 3d grade teacher, co-workers, et c.) demonstrates that she's a nut. Look at it this way: if she thinks her cooter is that valuable, you can bet that she will place ENORMOUS value on whoever she gives it to.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
At first, it sounded good. But, would you buy a car before you took it for a test drive?
View Quote

The last four vehicles I bought without a test drive.

Keep in mind this, when you sleep with a woman who has had multiple partners, your sleeping with every man that has slept with her in the past. There are some female medical conditions, not STD's, that coincide with having multiple partners. Can't remember the medical terminology.

On a lighter note, this woman doesn't have a clue what sex is about so you could convince her that doing all kinds of kinky stuff is how it's done.[naughty]

And a funny:
"She asked for twelve inches and make it hurt, so I I gave it three good thrusts and hit her in the back of the head" [LOL]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would never marry a 25 year old virgin.
First I would want a test drive before devoting my life to someone.

And someone who can go that long w/o sex probably has a abiding fear/dread of sex and wouldn't be any good in bed anyway.
View Quote

Yeah....I tend to agree.  Kind of like the girls who don't want to BE MARRIED...they want to have a wedding.    

Oh, well.  She's too good for me, I guess.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

As did I, although we did fool around a lot before marriage.  The "not even makeout" part of the original post is a little wierd, but there's nothing wrong with staying a virgin.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I married my ex-wife that way, too.

Doesn't mean a thing.

Now the damn slut sleeps with just about anything.

With her being 25, you at least have a better chence. Mine was 19.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Tell her it doesn't do any good unless she also drinks only freshly distilled water and pure grain alcohol.  She must protect the purity of her precious bodily fluids from fluoridation.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#26]
these kind of girls are nice in theory but i found its hard to tell if they really like you they are so unsexual.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#27]
My wife and I have the same standards as this good gal.  We both waited, and it made all the difference.  She knows that if I could be faithful before marriage, I can be faithful in a marriage.  Same goes for her.

Sure, you go into intimacy inexperienced, but hey, you learn together, and there's no worry about comparing your partner to anyone else (or vice versa).  As far as we can tell, we have some of the best --- in the world.

My dad taught me the same thing CS223 said.  "Son, if you sleep with a girl, you're sleeping with everyone she's ever slept with."  I sure didn't want to "inherit" any problems from a girl's promiscuity.

I think the Old Testament has some wonderful things to say concerning a virtuous woman.

I will also say this.  Sometimes people mess up, repent, and change their ways.  A woman may have been wild once, but changed her ways to more godly standards, and such a woman is also admirable.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#28]
PET scans have showed a marked decrease of brain activity after the initial intense activity of the first new sexual encounter. Dr.'s are beginning to think that the 'imprint' of your first sexual encounter is the most vivid imprint you will ever have and each successive sexual encounter will be degraded. By 'imprint' they are meaning the whole of the experience, sounds, sights, smells, touches....just about everything.

God did not want to keep us from having sexual fun, He just knew that our designs would put a large impact our first time and He wanted that impact to be tied to the person we were married to and no one else. Great idea and design.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#29]
When I married my wife, she was a virgin at 25 years of age.  I wasn't.  I wish I had been though.  She saved herself for me and I didn't for her.

But she forgave me and knew about my rancid past going into the engagement.

And let me tell you, she is a fireball in the bed and has been since our wedding nearly 14 years ago.

On our honeymoon, we didn't come up for air for the first 36 hours.  She calls me her "marathon man".

hehe

Some of you know that I am a pastor, and interestingly I am about to do a wedding tomorrow for one of the gals in my church.  She will kiss her man for the FIRST time in the ceremony tomorrow. Up to this point, all they have done is hold hands. It is a committment they made together when they started seeing eachother to save it for the wedding- all of it.

I think it is going to be an awesome moment and an awesome honeymoon for them in Cancun.

patsue
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I would never force my value system on someone else and I hope vice versa. Its her life to lead. Now that said, I would probably not want to marry a woman like the one described. Because as a man, sex is a big part of the relationship. Its not the most important thing, but it is up there. So if she is bad in bed or doesn't enjoy sex then there could be huge problems in the future. And I think you learn something from your different partners that makes you better in the future. Now how many partners is too many? That's each persons own choice.
Remember that the human female is the only creature with an organ specifically designed only for pleasure. Somethings wrong if she isn't using it. To me it indicates a fear of sex and/or her body.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
PET scans have showed a marked decrease of brain activity after the initial intense activity of the first new sexual encounter. Dr.'s are beginning to think that the 'imprint' of your first sexual encounter is the most vivid imprint you will ever have and each successive sexual encounter will be degraded. By 'imprint' they are meaning the whole of the experience, sounds, sights, smells, touches....just about everything.

God did not want to keep us from having sexual fun, He just knew that our designs would put a large impact our first time and He wanted that impact to be tied to the person we were married to and no one else. Great idea and design.
View Quote

Well, God told me to tell my PET to screw as many other PETs as he wanted. [rolleyes]

Where do you find this nonsense, anyway?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think it is going to be an awesome moment and an awesome honeymoon for them in Cancun.
patsue
View Quote

I think it's likely to be a cramped noisy flight in the 1st class head on the [i]way[/i] to Cancun.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?
View Quote

That would be my question...Why?
View Quote

1) I believe that saving one's virginity for your spouse is the right thing to do. It's even taught in the Bible.

2) I got involved in politics at a relatively young age. Being the youngest (by far) elected representative in one's state attracts alot of attention. I certainly found this out, as I had numerous occasions where all I had to do was [i]not[/i]  say "no" in order to bed women (young [b]and[/b] old). There were times when I thought I was nucking futs for doing it but on the flip side, I had other things to worry about too.

a) [b]I never knew whether or not the women were traps set for me by my political adversaries.[/b] This is a very real threat, mind you.

b) [b]I always had those nagging thoughts in the back of my head that the girls/women who were pursuing me were enamored with my position, not [i]me.[/i][/b]

I hope this explains things a little bit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
patsue
View Quote

I think it's likely to be a cramped noisy flight in the 1st class head on the [i]way[/i] to Cancun.
View Quote

No worries about sunburns either...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#35]
I find virginal girls to be very sexy!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Did you ask her out, yet?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I think it is likely that they won't care even a little bit.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#39]
CS223

Keep in mind this, when you sleep with a woman who has had multiple partners, your sleeping with every man that has slept with her in the past.  
View Quote

How is this medically possible?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#40]

No worries about sunburns either...
View Quote

Probably because they won't leave the room very much.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
CS223

Keep in mind this, when you sleep with a woman who has had multiple partners, your sleeping with every man that has slept with her in the past.  
View Quote

How is this medically possible?
View Quote

I believe this refers to the fact that every disease she has contracted from any/all of her partners, you are exposed to.  So it is the same as sleeping with the same partners that she has.  I was taught the same thing about men; if you really think about it, it is pretty disgusting.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#42]
If a girl has morals and wants to save it for the right person, the person she wants to spend her life with, how in the heck does that make her "afraid of it"?

BTW, I'm almost 22 and I have not and do not plan to do it.

One of my friends, who got married last year, said that people asked her, "Since you're engaged, why not just act like you're married?"  Her response was that if they can wait until marriage, that will prove their ability to resist temptation and stay faithful.  I think that is a wonderful philosophy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I can handle a 25 year old virgin who says she just never found the right person.

But to say she kept her "purity" to preserve her "value as a woman"? That is being entirely too self concious about just one aspect of ones life. I'd stay away.

Especally when you add that part about her "close relationship with her father". That suggests a emotional entanglement and a lot of baggage. Guess who you are going to be compared to for every little thing in your life.

Personally there are a few too many warning flags for me to consider this person. But your mileage may vary and all that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

View Quote

I don't agree with that analogy. I can't explain better, but can only say a woman is not a car.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I had a roommate in college who dated a girl who was into the "saving herself for marriage" thing.  He tried, but couldn't get her to put out (yes, he WAS a sleezeball).

I stayed pretty good friends with her for years after, but lost touch.  Recently, a mutual friend told me that when he last saw her she dating another woman.

I guess what this teaches us is that there is always that chance that maybe the idea of sex with a man isn't very appealing to some women.  I would just want to rule that out before the whole "death to us part" thing happened.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I can handle a 25 year old virgin who says she just never found the right person.

But to say she kept her "purity" to preserve her "value as a woman"? That is being entirely too self concious about just one aspect of ones life. I'd stay away.

Especally when you add that part about her "close relationship with her father". That suggests a emotional entanglement and a lot of baggage. Guess who you are going to be compared to for every little thing in your life.

Personally there are a few too many warning flags for me to consider this person. But your mileage may vary and all that.
View Quote

Yep, my thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Take her to Vegas, marry her, have a week-long-wear-the-skin-off-your-pecker bang session and annull that puppy!

[Homer] mmmmmmmmmmm........virgin[/Homer]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, my thoughts exactly.
View Quote

LOL! It's funny how this board has a way of turning a simple old-fashioned girl into a rather sinister man-hating, sex-fearing, father-complex single woman. [:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top