Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 7:06:32 AM EDT
Story

An unwanted dog which was put down with drugs, put in a plastic bag and then through a rubbish compressor has been found alive moments before being buried in a landfill site.

The five-year-old shepherd-Labrador cross was found clawing through the plastic bag on the back of a rubbish truck at the Edgeboro Landfill in East Brunswick, New Jersey.

Officials say an animal control officer gave the dog two injections, one to sedate it, the other to stop its heart.

He listened with a stethoscope for a heartbeat, and on not hearing one, placed the body in a plastic bag.

The dog had been taken to animal control officers by a woman who said she could no longer care for it.

"Obviously, it's a miracle," a spokesman for the animal control department said. "It's just amazing it lived through that whole mess."

Fifty-seven people have contacted the East Brunswick dog pound, where the animal is being cared for, to offer it a home, reports the News Tribune.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Poor doggy.

[img]http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/wabc/2003/wabc_121003_dog9.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The dog now has 50+ people in line, waiting to adopt him.

It's too bad he had to cheat death to get someone to adopt him. I just got my new dog from the shelter. The best dogs come from there, because no one is worried about their pedigree, papers, or show quality. They are just a member of the family. So next time you are thinking about spending $250+ on a dog, save one's life instead. And for God sakes, get it neutered or spayed.

Pet soap box mode off...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd buy that dog a beer!

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable around any animal that can take that kind of punishment.

Where'd they bury that thing, the Pet Sematary?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The dog now has 50+ people in line, waiting to adopt him.

It's too bad he had to cheat death to get someone to adopt him. I just got my new dog from the shelter. The best dogs come from there, because no one is worried about their pedigree, papers, or show quality. They are just a member of the family. So next time you are thinking about spending $250+ on a dog, save one's life instead. And for God sakes, get it neutered or spayed.

Pet soap box mode off...
View Quote

You are a good man.  Got five rescued dogs myself (sigh).
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I will not buy a pet if I have a choice (except maybe the "adoption fee" that some shelters charge).

The only pet I've ever bought is a ferret.  My family has had about 20 stray pets that I can remember.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone call an exorcist.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable around any animal that can take that kind of punishment.

Where'd they bury that thing, the Pet Sematary?
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#9]
It was all an act!  That's just one damn smart dog that knows how to manipulate the media!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top