BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2003 2:38:37 PM EDT
from Amazon today. WooHoo!!!

That's all.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Got an email from Amazon saying mine shipped today.  Should get to me next week sometime(yeah, I picked the free shipping.  I'm a cheap bastard.)
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, guess I fall in both the WooHoo and Cheap Bastard categories...The beer is icing down in the fridge, and the TV set is warming up – Don't think I'll be going in to work tomorrow!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!

Did you catch the glimpse of the firefly ship in the Battlestar Galactica miniseries?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That show was great its to bad they took it off the air. On fireflyfans.net a while ago they said a high budget movie was in the works. Hopefully if it does good they'll start making new episodes.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sweet!

Did you catch the glimpse of the firefly ship in the Battlestar Galactica miniseries?
View Quote

Didn't watch the Battlestar Galactica miniseries but I did see the vid-cap of a Firefly class ship (can't be sure if it was the Serenity without comparing hull#, etc) online.  It would've kicked ass to see Jayne, Mal & Zoe blasting Cylons........  

I'm really fighting the urge to buy the Firefly DVD boxed set......I do want it but knowing my luck as soon as I buy it I'll get a 2nd as a Solstice/Christmas gift....

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought mine at Best Buy Tuesday.  Watched about 4 episodes so far.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Waiting for Santa Claus here...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, I watched the first(of four) cd last nite. I have to say, it is as good as I remember. The extras aren't that great so far. I haven't watched the 'behind the scenes featurettes' yet. The cd's list the original air dates of each episode. It is no wonder the show didn't have a larger audience. I know what I will be watching this weekend.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

As for the 'cameo' in Battlestar, I gotta go back and watch that again. I was doing other stuff while I watched. Anyone know approx. when it showed up?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]
ByteTheBullet, it's when the president chick it at the doctor finding out about her cancer.  I believe it was in the upper left portion of the screen.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine arrived from Amazon today.  I watched the first episode.  I had forgotten just how good that show really was.  It has a lot of pretty funny parts in it too.  I love it when the Captain tells the doc that the engineer died after all.  [:D]

[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a frame from the scene in Battlestar Galactica where the Firefly appears:

[img]http://www.fireflyfans.net/bluesunimages/3F99F4D04A501127C11B979B1E1AEBEC.jpg[/img]

It turns out that the people that did the special effects for Firefly also did them for the new Battlestar Galactica.  I thought that unsteady outer space camera effect looked familiar.  After watching the first episode of Firefly again, I noticed they used it in that show too.
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the "easter eggs" hidden on the Firefly DVDs is Adam Baldwin wearing the silly assed knitted cap (from "The Message" ep that Jayne's mom knitted for him) singing "The Ballad Of Jayne".
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Great show!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, just finished the entire 4-disk set, and can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it! *GREAT* stuff!

I missed about half of the episodes when they originally aired, so there was plenty of new stuff to see – not to mention watching the episodes that never aired. It was also neat to watch each episode in its original intended order: All the references to events in previous episodes finally made sense! The idiot savants in Fox's programming department should be [b][i]taken out and maimed[/i][/b] for what they did to this show...

I hold high hopes for the big-screen version of this concept. There aren't any good sci-fi movies in the pipeline right now, so if this one is even half as well-written and beautifully filmed as the pilot was, it should do just fine at the box office. Can't wait to see it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
What did we miss in the last three episodes that were never aired? fox could have shown them somewhere, I mean the true fans of the show would have found it. Have VCR (wishing it were TIVO) and can program. Really would have liked to have seen the one with Melinda Clarke in it.[^]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#16]
[Oh crap I can't believe I'm about to ask this;]

uhh, what is FireFly?

[/Oh crap I can't believe I'm about to ask this;]

[ducks head]
CrashBurnRepeat
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What did we miss in the last three episodes that were never aired? fox could have shown them somewhere, I mean the true fans of the show would have found it. Have VCR (wishing it were TIVO) and can program. Really would have liked to have seen the one with Melinda Clarke in it.[^]
View Quote

"Trash", "The Message", "Heart Of Gold" if I remember correctly.  Try alt.binaries.multimedia.firefly if you have access to use.net & cable internet (huge files).  

::Homer Simpson:: hmmmmmm, Melinda Clarke, hmmmmmm ::Homer Simpson::  
I've been a fan of her ever since seeing her play Velesca on Xena:Warrior Princess.  Her Dominatrix character on CSI is especially nice............[:P]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I just got through watching "Trash".  Did anyone else notice the SR-71 flying by in the background of one of the scenes on the floating island?

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[Oh crap I can't believe I'm about to ask this;]

uhh, what is FireFly?

[/Oh crap I can't believe I'm about to ask this;]

[ducks head]
CrashBurnRepeat
View Quote

[stick][slap]  What is Firefly?!!  Only the [b]best damn SciFi show that ever was on TV[/b] until those assclown idiots at FUX cancelled it to make room for more asnine reality shows.  The story of a freebooting Captain & his crew living on the fringes of space trying to make a living (legit or otherwise) & occasionally sticking it to the "Man" (fascist central .gov).  No bumpy foreheaded aliens or Deus Ex Machina transporters/phasers etc like Star Trek.  No preachy, feel good PC bs either.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One of the "easter eggs" hidden on the Firefly DVDs is Adam Baldwin wearing the silly assed knitted cap (from "The Message" ep that Jayne's mom knitted for him) singing "The Ballad Of Jayne".
View Quote

And how do you access that one?(Inquiring minds wish to know)
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Found this on a forum. Just tested it and watched it. Pretty funny!! Enjoy!

Its on disk 4, go to the last option of Joss singing in the special features and then push left. This'll highlight the squiggley design to the left of the main picture - select that and youre in for a jaynetastic treat.
View Quote

Glad to see my thread is not just dying off like they usually do.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#22]
So who wants to ID all the weapons in the "Heart of Gold" episode? [:)]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#23]
RiffRandall:   Ever see a little show called Soldier of Fortune Inc/Special Ops Force? She knows how to handle a MP5 pretty well too. Has a small part on Fox's OC teen soaper too. Pretty lady.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
RiffRandall:   Ever see a little show called Soldier of Fortune Inc/Special Ops Force? She knows how to handle a MP5 pretty well too. Has a small part on Fox's OC teen soaper too. Pretty lady.
View Quote

Saw a few episodes, being syndicated made it kinda hard to find on occasion.  The local UHF channel bounced Xena:Warrior Princess around it's airing schedule quite a bit also (Monday at 9pm, then Tues, then Saturday morning & evening..... idiots!).  Melinda Clarke was also in Spawn & one of the "Living Dead" movies.  She is on my "list" near the top.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So who wants to ID all the weapons in the "Heart of Gold" episode? [:)]
View Quote

I've got it on my hard-drive in mpg format but the picture is kinda small [:(]

The "rat patrol" pintle gun on the hovercraft looks to be a helicopter doorgunner M60D...."get some!  come'on, come'on, get some"  "ya just don't lead them as much....."

I think I saw at least one AK in use by the goons.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just got through watching "Trash".  Did anyone else notice the SR-71 flying by in the background of one of the scenes on the floating island?
View Quote

Yep, I noticed right off!

I only saw 2 episodes and I knew this was a good series.  I couldn't believe Fox canceled it!

Examples:

First episode:

Fed LEO/Bad guy [holding gun to girls head]:  "Anybody moves and I'll...."

Mal:  "Bang"!!!  No talking, no warning, just shot the bad guy deader than a hammer.

Another episode:

Kaylee [engineer, directing Jayne in the engine room]:  OK, open that box right.  OK, here's where it gets real simple."

The look on Jayne's face was priceless!

The "Trash" episode where Irana closes the trash door on Saffron/Yolando/whatever her name is.  Perfect ending!!!

I am looking forward to the big screen movie.  Maybe it will force the series to come back.

Merlin

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top