Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2003 10:31:24 AM EDT
I sold my quad last week to a father and son who wanted to riding.The guy was in mid to late 30's.They come to meet me and pick it up at my g.ma's house.We go over and open the garage(that's not locked)I open the door.The guy is absoloutely amazed the door isn't locked.I say to him jokingly "People know better".I close the door and point to a sticker that said "Property patrolled by armed guard 3 nights a week,you guess wich 3!"This guy gives me the dirtiest look(then puts his arm around his 16yr. old) and says in shock "You have guns?!"I say "Yes,i was brought up with them and have respect for them"He still looking at me funny and says "Well,we have a security system" very proudly.These clowns were very uncomfortable after this and left swiftly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#1]
A security system?  So they're proudly boasting that they'll know the exact moment they've lost their property?  That'll be handy for the insurance report.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#2]
To bad gangs of roving indians, bandits etc dont exist in this country anymore. If they did morons like that have respect for the tool that created this country and has protected in since its inception.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL, let's see his Security System bring down a 6 point buck during deer season. Guns are one of the best tools a man(or woman)can own. It's like having a drill that can be used at long distance. Plus there hard to beat from a history point of view. He'll never say his Security System was carried by his grandfather in WWII,LOL.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a mostly absent father wanna-be.

Also sounds like the type who would try to sue you AND the maker of the quad after he falls off and breaks his ass while trying to ride it.

You're better off not selling to them.

Oops...you already sold it. Good luck & cross your fingers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I would not be suprised if the odds of being killed on a quad or dirt bike were greater than being shot!!!
OMG this guy just signed his own sons death notice!!!
I'm joining quad control inc. right now!!!
lmao [pyro]  [pyro]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Having a security system just means your getting robbed twice. Once when they install it an another when the bad guy takes your shit and leaves before the donut chasers arrive.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if Ozzy had guns in his garage.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Now wait just a damn minute.

I have a security system. A rather nice one. (Came with the house)

I like it for this reason:

It tells me exactly in which entrance to my home the breach has occurred. I therefore know exactly where to train my weapon when going to , ahem, "deal with the threat".

Never underestimate the value of good surveillance. [:D]

OTOH, the ADT commercial where the mom is brushing her teeth, dad is on the net and the kids are sleeping and the scumbag breaks the kitchen window an then runs away when the alarm goes off, and then the ADT guy on the phone tells them "Help is on the way, you're safe" makes me laugh it's so stupid. What he should say is "Well, if you don't have a way to protect yourself, you might be dead by the time the cops actually get around to responding to our call which by the way occurs a full minute AFTER the alarm is set off and then we have to verify that you didn't fuck up and set the damn thing off stumbling in drunk at 2 am, and then we piddle fuck you around on the phone asking you your pass code while hoping that he bad guy isn't forcing you to to give the passcode by shoving a .44 magnum up your ass and then after we've jerked you off on the phone for anothe two minutes or so, we might actually call the cops but by then a motivated attacker would have yer sheeple ass gagged and bound and be squat humping your entire family in front of you before killing you all and taking all your shit. What you should do is take some personal responsibility and learn how to protect yourself and not rely on someone in a call center 400 miles away you namby pamby poofter"

SG

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]
His sone Jack had a nice Garand
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Should have told him to go home and set it off, then count how many minutes it takes for someone to show up and ask how long do you think it would take for someone to come in and do harm to everyone.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#11]
No way? In one episode Ozzy wouldn't even let his son carry a small pocket knife. I can't imagin him letting his kid have a rifle, not even a pellet gun. Plus, Jack is one scarie little SOB, I wouldn't trust him with a gun. He'd get pissed at someone and end up shooting them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What he should say is "Well, if you don't have a way to protect yourself, you might be dead by the time the cops actually get around to responding to our call which by the way occurs a full minute AFTER the alarm is set off and then we have to verify that you didn't fuck up and set the damn thing off stumbling in drunk at 2 am, and then we piddle fuck you around on the phone asking you your pass code while hoping that he bad guy isn't forcing you to to give the passcode by shoving a .44 magnum up your ass and then after we've jerked you off on the phone for anothe two minutes ar so, we might actually call the cops but by then a motivated attacker would have yer sheeple ass gagged and bound and be squat humping your entire family in front of you before killing you all and taking all your shit. What you should do is take some personal responsibility and learn how to protect yourself and not rely on someone in a call center 400 miles you namby-pamby poofter"

View Quote

Now [b]that[/b] would make one hell of a commercial!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What he should say is "Well, if you don't have a way to protect yourself, you might be dead by the time the cops actually get around to responding to our call which by the way occurs a full minute AFTER the alarm is set off and then we have to verify that you didn't fuck up and set the damn thing off stumbling in drunk at 2 am, and then we piddle fuck you around on the phone asking you your pass code while hoping that he bad guy isn't forcing you to to give the passcode by shoving a .44 magnum up your ass and then after we've jerked you off on the phone for anothe two minutes ar so, we might actually call the cops but by then a motivated attacker would have yer sheeple ass gagged and bound and be squat humping your entire family in front of you before killing you all and taking all your shit. What you should do is take some personal responsibility and learn how to protect yourself and not rely on someone in a call center 400 miles you namby-pamby poofter"

View Quote

Now [b]that[/b] would make one hell of a commercial!
View Quote

Yeah, but wouldn't do much for Security System sales, I guess...[:D]

SG
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I remember several years ago on Dateline(or another show like it?)They did a test like that by setting off home alarms.The cops took forever because they said 98% of the alarms going off were bullshit!Animals or owners setting them off by accident.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I would have loved to have been there at that moment.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#16]
In the ADT comercial replace the ADT with a gun makers name. Lets say Smith & Wesson. Now it all makes some sense!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#17]
i have a dual roving security system, made by rottweiler and co
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OTOH, the ADT commercial where the mom is brushing her teeth, dad is on the net and the kids are sleeping and the scumbag breaks the kitchen window an then runs away when the alarm goes off, and then the ADT guy on the phone tells them "Help is on the way, you're safe" makes me laugh it's so stupid. What he should say is "Well, if you don't have a way to protect yourself, you might be dead by the time the cops actually get around to responding to our call which by the way occurs a full minute AFTER the alarm is set off and then we have to verify that you didn't fuck up and set the damn thing off stumbling in drunk at 2 am, and then we piddle fuck you around on the phone asking you your pass code while hoping that he bad guy isn't forcing you to to give the passcode by shoving a .44 magnum up your ass and then after we've jerked you off on the phone for anothe two minutes or so, we might actually call the cops but by then a motivated attacker would have yer sheeple ass gagged and bound and be squat humping your entire family in front of you before killing you all and taking all your shit. What you should do is take some personal responsibility and learn how to protect yourself and not rely on someone in a call center 400 miles away you namby pamby poofter"
View Quote
Outstanding! An ARFCOM Classic for the Hall of Fame, to be sure!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Where did you get that sticker?  I need to get one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top