Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 7:58:21 AM EDT
Just ordered it.  Does anyone else use it? and what do you use it on? lubrication?, bore?, cleaner?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to use it as a lubricant after cleaning with shooter's choice or hoppe's #9, or the like.  I like it: it works good, seems to fill small holes in the surface of the metal, smells better than some other stuff, and stands up to pocket/holster wear ok.

Kind of expensive, though.  That is my only complaint.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I was a big fan of Break-Free for years, bought a big giant jug, used it all the time...

then I read about FP-10, at first I thought it was BS, until I read 1911 gunsmith Ed Brown uses it, He's a good guy, so I tried it.

I gotta admit, it's damn fine stuff. My break-Free has been demoted to squeaky door hinges and other household chores.

FP-10 rocks !

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Where's a good place to order this stuff?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you start with their website?  It has everything you need and more with regards to FAQ's. I have been using it on my 1911 for a long time and am very satisfied.

I still like Breakfree on my AR because of the absolute minimal residue it leaves on the AR's external finsh, while still doing an adequate lube job.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#5]
oh yeah...

[url]http://www.fp10.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I use it as a lubricant on any "enclosed" moving parts, which is to say, wher eit won't splash back at me from the action cycling...

I use Hoppes 9 for cleaning
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
FP-10 is an excellent CLP.  Being a CLP, it is suitable for use on just about everything on an AR.

Since it also works as a nitro solvent, you don’t need to use a separate solvent (unless you want to, of course).

I get it from Brownells.  However, they’re kind of expensive if you can’t get their discount.

Incidentally, here are a couple of recent threads in the AR Maintenance forum re: FP-10:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=169312[/url]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=174832[/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I love it. It is a pretty good cleaner but not as effective as #9 on burned on soot around ports and such. Great for cleaning general dirt and soot off gun. I was in a 500+ round a day class with my open gun in sub-freezing weather. I was using a sythetic lube on the rails, slide, and comp cone and the stuff got so stiff the gun wouldn't cycle. The instructor suggested FP-10 and the gun ran fine the rest of the weekend. Only lube I use on my handguns now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top