Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 5:24:02 AM EDT

I hope he doesn't need those optics at that range.  What kind of optics is he using.  Did he call home and have dad send him his  "Prarie Dog Special"?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Why second guess the guy?  He is probably in a position to know what he needs much better than anyone here.

I am just happy he has what he needs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is his weak hand holding the mag instead of the forearm?

He exhibits bad form.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, holding the mag well when you're up close like that is where it's at baby.

Considering the soldier may have been holding it like that for an unknown length of time, that's a pretty solid CQ low ready stance if I've ever seen one.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:46:50 AM EDT
[#4]
"spray and pray"is not part of my doctrine.
I prefer absolute control over my weapon and where the bullets deploy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I do beleive he shows his good form by not putting a few rounds into the muslim to start with.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He exhibits bad form.
View Quote

How many possible terrorists have you held at gun point for long periods ??
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]
While I’m not positive about where that picture was taken – I’m pretty sure that it ain’t the 200 yard line at Camp Perry.

I’m with Hielo on this one, this guy more than likely knows what in the heck he’s doing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He exhibits bad form.
View Quote

You should tell that to all the Special Forces guys I've seen hold their weapons that way. They would probably want to hear an expert like yourself explain things to them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#9]
[rolleyes] Armchair commandos
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#10]
HIS weapon.
HIS prisoner.
HIS life on the line.

'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why second guess the guy?  He is probably in a position to know what he needs much better than anyone here.

I am just happy he has what he needs.
View Quote

So am I.   Was not second guessing, just that his weapon had optics on it that I have not seen in any other news picture.   I did not know the army used normal scopes on the m16.   I wouldn't it cause you to have almost a tunnel vision situation rather than the red dot/aimpoints that you keep both eyes open with?

I was thinking a comical caption for the pic would have been, "After a long day of blasting prarie dogs, chuck decides to take on some bigger varmints..."
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"spray and pray"is not part of my doctrine.
I prefer absolute control over my weapon and where the bullets deploy.
View Quote

The bad guy can't be more than 10 feet away.  With the rifle in his shoulder, our defender of freedom will have no trouble putting a 3 rnd burst into center mass simply by looking over the top of the weapon and pressing the trigger.  This is hardly a "spray and pray" situation.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#13]
[rofl]@mac-daddy
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:33:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Aren't the prisoners hands tied behind his back? Or is he just meditating? Either way, I'm surprised the troop isn't just holding the rifle at 'patrol ready'.

I'd wonder more why the prisoner's head isn't bagged.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top