Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 8:05:38 PM EDT
Attended the Utah Jazz basketball game tonight.  The marines were there in dress, collecting money for toys for tots.  Great program.  I'm standing in line for concessions and I see one of them standing around (soliciting donations) drinking beer.  Is it just me, or does anyone else find that a little unprofessional?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No doubt about it. Especially for what they are collecting money for.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I seen someone selling those coupon cards a few yard back, they had blacked off the prices and marked them up 5 dollars from what its supposed to be on the cards.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Completely unprofessional. I'd call his command, but thats just me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Very bad.  I consider what they are doing as being "On duty."
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#5]
T4T is a Marine Forces Reserve program, most of those whole collect toys or money at social events are reservists who are doing it on their own time and technically not subject to the UCMJ while they are doing it.  I personally think the Marines should have gotten ride of the program years ago since it sucks the life out of reserve units for a month a year.

There technically is no Marine regs against drinking in uniform, I may be a little unprofessional on that occasion but he is doing it on his own time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top