Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 6:28:48 PM EDT
I just finished watching this movie.  It has truly shocked me. I just dont know what to say....go rent this movie!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it was a pretty good flick.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked the first half the best...

Good movie to watch...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup!

Let's not forget about Fairuza Balk please [sex]

NsB
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent flick.
Movies that make you think about them days after are a rare commodity these days.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The scene that involved the teeth on the curb...that was f#$ked up!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

YES that was very f#$ked up!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Another fick that is recommended having to do with the "shedding of ignorance" is The Believer.
It revolves around a Jew turned Neo-nazi and his "Seeing the light." Sundance Film Fest winner.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have seen that done in real life.

That movie was very powerful & personal to me.

I hear that Smoochy fucked with the editing to make his character more sympathetic.  IIRC, the director even took his name off the flick because of it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Another fick that is recommended having to do with the "shedding of ignorance" is The Believer.
It revolves around a Jew turned Neo-nazi and his "Seeing the light." Sundance Film Fest winner.
View Quote

That movie is fucking aweful.  "Based on a true story" and all that rubbish.  That idiot director and writer didn't spend 30 seconds researching the neo-nazi scene.

If you want another movie that's an accurate depiction of the neo-nazi "movement" look at Romper Stomper.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That movie is fucking aweful.  "Based on a true story" and all that rubbish.  That idiot director and writer didn't spend 30 seconds researching the neo-nazi scene.

If you want another movie that's an accurate depiction of the neo-nazi "movement" look at Romper Stomper.
View Quote

Where can I find Romper Stomper?
not to sure about Block Buster or VideoWatch?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Romper Stomper was good for the first half or so.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Good fvckin movie.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Great movie until the end when he grew out his hair and sold out.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Boston Smiley
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Where can I find Romper Stomper?
not to sure about Block Buster or VideoWatch?
View Quote

they were selling Romper Stomper at Walmart & Best Buy 'cause it starred Russell Crowe before he was a US star.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Wheres Maynard and his avitar?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks Norman,I'll go pick up a copy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:26:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very true, Romper Stomper was a great movie.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#20]
moral of the story" if someone tells you to put your teeth on the curb....DONT DO IT
so uh Norman? are you still a Nazi or have you revcovered from the rectal/cranial inversion? you get a certain amount of credit for being here so ive always given you the benefit of the doubt
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
so uh Norman? are you still a Nazi or have you revcovered from the rectal/cranial inversion? you get a certain amount of credit for being here so ive always given you the benefit of the doubt
View Quote

Since I don't really feel like going into too much personal detail on this issue, I'll just say that my best friend is Puerto Rican, and I'm taking a black girl to my company xmas party, so you figure it out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Norman..thanks for posting that.....maybe one day more people will realize it is wrong to hate without reason...when there are so many reasons to hate with many causes......feinstein,schumer,clinton,brady,bush
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Romper Stomper. Those fuckin gooks, man.

While we're on movies, how about one about two sisters - one has underage sex, and the other becomes a gunnut.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Made me an Edward Norton fan that's for sure.  Don't know his politics but he sure can act.  Anybody see the flick where Norton plays a slow stuttering kid that is accused of murdering a Catholic Cardinal.  He is defended by Richard Geere..(OK I KNOW his politics) What at great flick with a twist at the end.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Romper Stomper is an awesome movie.

I actually watched it on the big screen when it came over here some 10yrs ago somewhere in the village. I also liked it's eerie score.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#26]
pretty good movie, one of ed norton's better roles
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Romper Stomper is an awesome movie.

I actually watched it on the big screen when it came over here some 10yrs ago somewhere in the village. I also liked it's eerie score.
View Quote

You should rent the DVD now. (I saw it in the theater too).  Every one of those songs was composed just for the movie, they aren't "real".  I even saw the soundtrack for sale one time but didn't have the cash to pick it up.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Great Movie
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I could have done without the shower scene.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yup!

Let's not forget about Fairuza Balk please [sex]

NsB
View Quote

[homer] Mmmmmmmmmmm Fairuza Balk[/homer]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Another good gang movie:

American Me

'bout the Mexican Mafia
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Made me an Edward Norton fan that's for sure.  Don't know his politics but he sure can act.  Anybody see the flick where Norton plays a slow stuttering kid that is accused of murdering a Catholic Cardinal.  He is defended by Richard Geere..(OK I KNOW his politics) What at great flick with a twist at the end.
View Quote

Primal Fear. Nice one.

Norton completely steals the film from Gere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Furner,
I know how you feel. I am a prosecutor in Texas, and as you might expect, am freinds with more than a few officers. Immediately after seeing this movie, I began insisting that they see it. ALL have agreed with me... it's the most powerful movie I have ever seen.
It was so powerful I wouldn't go thru the experience of watching it again without a very nice bribe. I've heard people say they didn't think they even breathed throughout the movie.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#34]
The movie reminded me a lot of Do the Right Thing.  No good, no bad.  No absolutes.
That was the only Spike Lee film worth a fuck, btw.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Another good gang movie:

American Me

'bout the Mexican Mafia
View Quote

That is a damned good movie on the Mexican Gangs AND prison life. Really gets to the heart of the brutality.

I'll never forget that scene where Olmos is trying to have sex with the girl after leaving prison (he had been locked down for like 20 years after going in at 16 or something). They are all making love and shit and he gets too turned on so he reverts to the only sex he ever knew; he violently flips her over and starts ass raping her. Triped me out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I dunno. At times it was very good. It took the risk of showing Norton as both a neo-nazi and as charasmatic and sometimes admirable character, as in the basketball game. Often movies like this make the bad guys one-dimensionally bad, bad in every way. Cowardly, silly, stupid, and neo-nazi. That ignores the elements and needs that attract people to the movement. It also unblinkingly showed his bad side, as when he organizes the raid of the grocery store or when he killed the guy on the curb.

But it also traffics in some sillier things. Like the flashback that shows him becoming a racist when talking to his dad about affirmative action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top