Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 5:01:14 PM EDT
O'Reilly just read a letter from someone, they refutted his comments, said assault weapons weren't bazookas.  O'Reilly said he was making that statement as a "joke" even though i understand he said it more than once.

-DEERSNIPER
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
i thought he would have been more apologetic with all the email that were sent to him.

guess not.

what a duche
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]

[sarcasm]What did we expect?  The GREAT O'Reilly to actually admit he was clueless???[/sarcasm]  

He's no different than the rest of the spinmeisters out there...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
hit him hard, hit him fast, hit him often, every single day with emails on this theme.  don't let the subject die

Iso
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, O'Reilly: [ahnold][b]Fuck you, ahhshole.[/b][/ahnold]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
He had every opportunity to correct himself tonight, and didn't.  There are no Bill O'Reilly books on my Christmas list.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Bill!

[img]http://flymeaway.net/images/daffy.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I got tired of O'reilly a long time ago.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
O'Reilly just read a letter from someone, they refutted his comments, said assault weapons weren't bazookas.  O'Reilly said he was making that statement as a "joke" even though i understand he said it more than once.

-DEERSNIPER
View Quote

Is that ALL he said? I don't have cable, so if he made any new statements (corrections/apologies) please let me know.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey its a new dance!!! (THE OREILLY BACK PEDDLE) [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I am tivo-ing it at 11pm, I will send another email if he is as much of a tool as you guys are saying he was.

I am going to ask that he actually devote a segment to the legislation, for whatever spin he'd like to place on it -- but so that he can, at the very least, get the ACCURATE information out to the public.

I'm have seen him totally reverse himself when facing a PREPONDERANCE of evidence against him.  He is nothing, if not a logical thinker.

I say we all hammer away and ask that he devote attention to the matter, but that he devote accurate attention, not off the cuff bullshit.

Huh?

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]
i'll make sure to catch the re-run later
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#12]
He is a Harvard Alumn, with all the baggage that that entails.

Don't think for a second he is on our side.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#13]

What a pseudo-intellectual dork bigmouth.  Watching that guy is like listening to a car alarm go off for an hour.  One more idiot off my watch list forever.

Micheal Savage, I don't know what his gun-control position is, but he's been making a lot of sense lately.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I quit watching him a couple of years ago when he said something bad about AW's
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What a pseudo-intellectual dork bigmouth.  Watching that guy is like listening to a car alarm go off for an hour.  One more idiot off my watch list forever.

Micheal Savage, I don't know what his gun-control position is, but he's been making a lot of sense lately.

View Quote

Savage is an independent conservative.  He calls the republicans on their bullshit just like he calls the liberal on their bullshit.

He is VERY conservative and not a puppet like Hannity who thinks anything a republican does is right.

Savage is awesome,  get his book,  you will enjoy it immensely.  I honestly have never heard him say something I don't agree with. (except for his anti marijauana kick he gets on once in a while)
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#17]
We're losing credibility Eric? I think O'Reilly just lost a ton. I've always been skeptical of his show because his no spin zone will call people on their spin, but then he spins topics he agrees with. He also bullies his guests around and often makes it more than difficult for them to present an argument. Especially if he doesn't agree with them, or he doesn't have much info on the topic.
I think this recent episode made a lot of people look more critically at our usual conservative talk show hosts. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It keeps us sharp.
And since when has us been everyone but you?[;)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#18]
O'Reilly is now and has always been a self-serving, condescending prick.

Dunno why anyone is surprised that he's A) Full of shit and B) Refuses to care that he is full of shit. Can't reason with a know it all, and O'Reilly certainly thinks he knows it all.

Screw the ignorant jackoff.

SG
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
O'Reilly is now and has always been a self-serving, condescending prick.

Dunno why anyone is surprised that he's A) Full of shit and B) Refuses to care that he is full of shit. Can't reason with a know it all, and O'Reilly certainly thinks he knows it all.

Screw the ignorant jackoff.

SG
View Quote

No kidding.

Are you guys just noticing NOW that O'Reilly is just an opinionated loud-mouth who often doesn't know what the hell he's talking about?

I can't stand the combination of uninformed and opinionated & self-righteous, and I stopped watching him years ago.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I wrote O'Reilly right after I saw the show. I have seen where others also have so I have no idea who's he read or if his staff read many emails telling him that he was totally clueless. I went into the whole thing about it just banned guns that looked evil and I mentioned the different things that make a rifle an assualt rifle. I tried to keep it short but still hit all of the major points that I'm sure he was clueless on. He cut off the pro gun guy twice and wouldn't even let him say a word. O'Reilly just said angerly that most (are you ready for this) guns owners say that there is no reason to own an assualt rifle. He flat out told people that assualt rifles were Bazookas and machine guns and that the pro gun guy didn't have a leg to stand on. He was a real asshole the way he went about it too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#21]
O'Reilly just read AWB letter, calls comments "jokes"
View Quote

Well I'm not laughing. [:|]

O'Reilly will never see a red cent of my $$$, nor will he ever derive a single ratings point from this household.

... And I'm NOT joking!  

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey O'Reilly: [size=1]Fuck you, asshole.[/size=1]

There. I feel a little better. Not much, mind you, but a little bit anyway.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Bill doesn't realize that [i]he's[/i]  the "joke".

..fucking putz
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:51:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fittingly, both Ahnold and Bill are gun grabbers.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Fittingly, both Ahnold and Bill are gun grabbers.....
View Quote

Fittingly, both are assholes too! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sean Hannity is a puppet for the GOP?

Did you hear him today? Or any other day?

I thought y'all said Rush was the puppet, but, no that can't be cause he just lambasted the GOP today.

You guys have simply got to get your stories straight.

You're losing credibility fast, now.

Eric The(Truthful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

there is no doubt that Sean Hannity is a "good man".  However he definitely a puppet.  I listen to 9 hours of "conservative" talk radio every single day.  (Holy crap!)  Boortz for 3, Rush for 3, then Sean for 3.  And the only one that just speaks his mind is Boortz.  The other two, while speaking for me for the most part and with whom I agree about 90% of the time, it seems wait for their official memo from above them in the conservative chain of command.  Their support for Arnold in the Recall election was based wholly on the fact that he is personal friends with both of them.  How else could two "conservative" talk radio hosts support a wolf in sheep's clothing like our Reichs Minister Schwarzeneggar?  And if you people think Fox News Channel and its offspring Bill O'Reilly is on our side.  You are dead wrong.  Just this morning, the three amigos on fox and friends were talking about the horrendous Supreme Court decision yesterday and did not mention its absolute evisceration of the first amendment, they just mentioned the "soft money" ban.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#28]
The only way to get Bill's attention is by an organized campaign to educate gunowners on his positions and boycott his books and products.   Where the hell is the NRA in all this?  I'm surprised there has not been some followup as well from GOA and Larry Pratt.

Bill is like any corporation out there and not buying his s**t is the best way to change his views.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:46:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Savage is an independent conservative.  He calls the republicans on their bullshit just like he calls the liberal on their bullshit.

He is VERY conservative and not a puppet like Hannity who thinks anything a republican does is right.

Savage is awesome,  get his book,  you will enjoy it immensely.  I honestly have never heard him say something I don't agree with. (except for his anti marijauana kick he gets on once in a while)
View Quote

Savage also says that we should all jump on the gun registraiton boat.  He did, and he's non the worse for it!!!  That's his line of thinking anyway....

Savage is a pogue who improves his own self-image by attacking callers who don't kowtow to him.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope everyone realizes what damage that asshole (O'Reilly) did to us with his comments.  He has a very large audience/following on radio and TV.  Had he retracted/corrected his statements, I'd be the first one to say, "give him another chance."

He had his chance, and just plain doesn't give a shit.  

We need to come up with a plan to hit him hard.  Here are a few ideas I have:

[list][*]Call his radio show relentlessly
[*]E-mail him and Fox over and over
[*]Involve Drudge if possible[/list]

O'Reilly and Drudge seem to genuinely despise each other.  There must be a way we can get Drudge's attention.  I think if he had a chance to embarrass O'Reilly about his distortions/lies on any subject, he'd run with it.

Thoughts?

One other thing...

Larry Pratt was absolutely pathetic.  If you're a member of GOA (I'm a Life Member), you have to be asking yourself "why?" after Pratt's (lack of a) performance.  What can we do there?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Post from POWER03 -
And the only one that just speaks his mind is Boortz. The other two, while speaking for me for the most part and with whom I agree about 90% of the time, it seems wait for their official memo from above them in the conservative chain of command.
View Quote

The 'only one who just speaks his mind...'?

So, tell me, my friend of the RKBA, just what official memo from the 'conservative chain of command' was Rush reading from when he wrote the following article for his website?

Now, does [u]that[/u] sound like a puppet of the Republican Party talking?

You sound just like the Left Wing when it talks about [b]Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity[/b]!

And that's not good!

Eric The(RightAsRain)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Jeez, ETH.  You have absolutely got to be the most self-righteous soapbox speaker I have ever read.  Maybe a little bit of self-deprecation would be in order once in a while, you know, just to keep the defense honest.  I guess you somehow missed the part where I said they represent my views about 90% of the time.  What I think you miss is that ALL talk-radio hosts are first of all, entertainers.  Secondly, they are informers.  And if you believe otherwise and think they are beholden to the conservative majority for any reason other than ratings points, you are both mistaken and a great deal more naive than I think you give yourself credit for.   And I'm not going to get into an argument where we try to out-ditto each other in an attempt to prove which of us is more conservative.  But, I assure you, insinuating that I am Left Wing is is like calling Arnold a Republican.    
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sean Hannity is a puppet for the GOP?

Did you hear him today? Or any other day?

I thought y'all said Rush was the puppet, but, no that can't be cause he just lambasted the GOP today.

You guys have simply got to get your stories straight.

You're losing credibility fast, now.

Eric The(Truthful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Yes,  Hannity seemed VERY objective when interviewing Governor Arnold a few days ago on Fox. [/sarcasm]

Geese,  he looked like he was about to go and rub Arnold's back for him,  it was disgusting.

NEVER ONCE DID HE CALL ARNOLD ON HIS SUPPORT FOR THE AWB DID HE?????

So you think Hannity is objective or just a blind follower to republicans?  I think the answer is clear.

Now Savage on the other hand called Arnold for the trojan horse liberal he is from day one.  He is the only one who put his 100% support behind Mclintock and everyone knows he was the best man for the job,  not Ahnold.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Larry Pratt was absolutley pathetic.  If you're a member of GOA (I'm a Life Member), you have to be asking yourself "why?" after Pratt's (lack of a) performance.  What can we do there?
View Quote

i thought the exact same thing, my 14 year old brother could have done a better job debating oreilly than him
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larry Pratt was absolutley pathetic.  If you're a member of GOA (I'm a Life Member), you have to be asking yourself "why?" after Pratt's (lack of a) performance.  What can we do there?
View Quote

i thought the exact same thing, my 14 year old brother could have done a better job debating oreilly than him
View Quote

As a member of GOA I must say I am very embarrased by Pratt's performance,  or lack thereof.  I am shooting an e-mail off to GOA right now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm not trying to insult anybody, I'm just wondering something.  Why does it seem that the GOA is always just a step behind the NRA?  I've thought about joining the GOA, but would my money make a difference?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Eric The(RightAsRain)Hun[>]:)

[banana] [headbang] GO ERIC....GO ERIC...GO ERIC.... [banana][headbang]

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Sure, AHHHHHNOLD may not be the best BUUUUUUUT you've got to use your head. Who had a chance to win that wasn't a liberal? All the polls showed Arnold to be the favorite. So you buddy up to him and try to turn him more to our side! I don't think he is quite the WOLF some think he is.

COZ

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:49:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I heard Savage say once, "every time I hear the words "human rights", I want to oil my AR15".

I love that guy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I heard Savage say once, "every time I hear the words "human rights", I want to oil my AR15".

I love that guy.
View Quote

I've heard him talk about his AR15 before on different occasions.  I've never heard him talk about registering your guns.

O'Reilly started out as a tabloid reporter ("A Current Affair") and is still nothing more than that.  I see him as the mirror image of a Jeraldo Rivera.  O'Reilly has just found his niche in being a mock annoying conservative.  In my book, you can't be a conservative without supporting gun rights.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#41]
oreilly and all the rest are entertainers. They will play whatever game they need to boost book sales and ratings. If he can get more rating by pissing off gun owners... so be it.

Limbaugh, hannity, orielly and all the rest should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't need some moron with a microphone to spin the news for me. I can make up my own mind.

mike
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Hannity fan here.  just read 'let freedom ring' and he says a few things that he was not happy about GWB doing.  great book.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
oreilly and all the rest are entertainers. They will play whatever game they need to boost book sales and ratings. If he can get more rating by pissing off gun owners... so be it.

Limbaugh, hannity, orielly and all the rest should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't need some moron with a microphone to spin the news for me. I can make up my own mind.

mike
View Quote

Agreed.

O'Reilly's success is really going to his head (he is really getting insufferably smug).

I agree with some of his positions and disagree with others, but am finding myself turning him off due to my dislike of blatant arrogance. To be perfectly honest, all of the talk radio & TV shows are getting predictable and boring.

Not really much left on TV it seems, even the Weather Channel shows crap ("Storm Stories"... who cares? I want to know what the weather is doing) hmmm could be time to drop the cable...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I can't stand the combination of uninformed and opinionated & self-righteous, and I stopped watching him years ago.  
View Quote

How the hell did you get over 4500 posts on here???
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Yep this prick's ratings will drop if we can spread the word about his stupidity.  Can't believe he made such ignorant statements.  Just lost me as a viewer forever!  Haven't actually seen the episode but it sounds evident it was a "SPIN ZONE."

I've always kinda wondered why he never touched on the gun issue on his shows.  Oh well this guy couldn't even stand up to the pussies at NPR during his interview.  Now we all know what a royal coward this guy is.  Time for FOX to find a new personality.

I've also noticed that FOX has screwed up in the past concerning so-called "assault weapons."  I wrote them concerning the misuse of the term once, and didn't hear a mention of it again on their shows anymore.  Maybe they're screwing up once again.  Time for more FEEDBACK!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#46]
O'reilly is a fucking idiot. I really came to this conclusion after reading his latest book "Who is Looking Out for You?." It was nothing but fluff, and nothing other than an excuse to sell a book. If he couldn't promote these books on his show they would never sell because they are pointless. The whole book talked about what a great guy he is and I was waiting for some sort of conclusion at the end and there wasn't one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#47]
I just wrote this clown an email.

Lets not let this die. It took me less that 10 minutes to compose a letter.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Just found it...

O'Reilly's May 2002 interview in Playboy magazine...

[b]PLAYBOY[/b]: Explain your view on gun control.

[b]O'REILLY[/b]: Like with abortion, you can't even talk about gun control without people running around the house with their arms in the air doing the samba because they feel so threatened. I agree that we have a constitutional right to bear arms. It's against the Constitution to ban handguns. However there is absolutely no excuse for any human being on the face of the earth to use a firearm in the commission of a crime. We should have mandatory federal sentencing for all crimes committed with a gun.

[b]PLAYBOY[/b]: Does the right to bear arms include AK-47s?

[b]O'REILLY[/b]: No. The state has a right to ban certain weaponry as unnecessary. You don't have a right to have a bazooka in your house. It's a public-safety hazard. You can't have it, and if you don't like it, tough.

[i]Piss on him.[/i] [;D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe O'Reilly needs to figure out that RKBA is not a joke.

He seems to be a decent guy on a lot of issues. He'll usually do some research and find out facts and all that good stuff. It's kinda fun to hear him shout down windbags spouting BS. But there are also a handful of issues he apparantly has some kind of mental block on. He just thinks a certain way about them, and won't listen to any sort of reason. Drugs is one, and it looks like guns might be another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top