Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
A fine American.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Not many would do the same.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a ticket in Brooklyn about 93 or so for running a red light.  Never paid it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I got 2 parking tickets on my old car, one 4 yeards ago and the other 2 years ago. Fuck 'em I not paying a cent.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
NO, I definately would not pay it.  Civil Law has a definitive period of time that any party can collect an outstanding debt.  If it was within 5 years or so I would say pay it.  The city dropped the ball.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be afraid that some liberal fvckstick at the municipal courts would send me another bill for the interest and late charges that could amount to thousand$. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got a ticket in Brooklyn about 93 or so for running a red light.  Never paid it.
View Quote

I ran a red light in Brooklyn in '93. Never got a tcket for it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
The MAN needs his money.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NO, I definately would not pay it.  Civil Law has a definitive period of time that any party can collect an outstanding debt.  If it was within 5 years or so I would say pay it.  The city dropped the ball.
View Quote

So true. Why pay if you dont have to. One less tax dollar the govt can squander.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell to the no.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#11]
nope
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Your priviledge to operate a motor vehicle in New York state has been suspended. If you return to the state and are pulled over, at least upstate, you will be arrested for Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd,a misdemeanor punishable by up to (I think) 90 days in jail. You would stand a fair chance of having to post bail or spend some time in the county jail, at least up here in the sticks. I doubt they would do anymore than give you an appearance ticket and release in NYC or the larger upstate cities
View Quote

I could not pay a ticket from another state with out a sweat. However, I would be forced to pay one in my own state for sure. I dont think I could drive without constantly looking in the rear view. I sure dont have the nerve of Valkyrie.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]
so....
what about an outstanding library book? Specifically due 15 years ago?
Im afraid to return it or use my library card ever again...
its the la county public libraries btw...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I ran a red light in Brooklyn in '93. Never got a tcket for it.
View Quote

I ran a red light today...never got a ticket.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
lol..naw i wouldnt. screw em.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
so....
View Quote

The LA county library actually has books in it? I'm sure those get checkedout a lot [rofl] [rolleyes]

Gunsmith, don't be such a puss. It hurts my soul to hear another grown man type something so weak as "I am afraid to use my library card".
Is that old hag behind the counter gonna mace and cuff you? Sorry, just had to bust your balls on that one.

And no, there is no chance in cold hell I would pay that parking ticket for the aforementioned reasons.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny thing is, that 1963 Minted dollar bill is worth more than what the ticket cost.

So, the man did in a sense pay interest.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I would only do it if I were an attention whore like the guy in the quoted article. I mean, how is it that we are privvy to such useless and absurd insight into such a non-event? This guy surely tipped the press to his silly act.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
so....
View Quote

The LA county library actually has books in it? I'm sure those get checkedout a lot
View Quote

YES, la county has books in it, HELL, the central library is a huge 4 stories tall building, plus 30-some branches, and people actually go there.  right now im on a waiting list to get hathcocks story "marine sniper".

15 year old over due book?  just stick it in a night drop at any branch, they will prolly laugh and just be glad to have it back and not charge you. worst case scenario they charge you a huge fine or say dont come back. big whoop
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:38:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Your priviledge to operate a motor vehicle in New York state has been suspended. If you return to the state and are pulled over, at least upstate, you will be arrested for Aggravated Unlicensed Operation 3rd,a misdemeanor punishable by up to (I think) 90 days in jail. You would stand a fair chance of having to post bail or spend some time in the county jail, at least up here in the sticks. I doubt they would do anymore than give you an appearance ticket and release in NYC or the larger upstate cities
View Quote

I don't have any plans to drive in NY and if I ever do I will make sure that I have someone else take the wheel.  There's got to be some statute of limitations on a traffic ticket.  In any case they will never get the money from me anyway.  I had a suspended PA license when I got this ticket but due to a fire at PENNDOT there was no way to verufy my license validity.  Fuck it!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:41:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't have paid it if it were 38 minutes old. I've got one accruing interest right now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Is there a statue of limitations on moving violations?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#24]
hhmmmm statute of limitations?  I would think that runs from the violation to the ticket.  Once you sign the ticket the clock stops.  Statute covers the time from crime to arrest and prosecution, I would think that the traffic stop and signature covers the "arrest and prosecution" aspect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top