Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 11:32:54 AM EDT
www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/weekend_sites/week_in_review_112403___112803/content/nixon_in_bush_comes_to_full_blossom.guest.html

On a philosophical level, now the Republicans control both houses of Congress and the presidency.  And they refuse to make the case for individual liberty and that's what the Constitution embodies.  Folks, we have freedom, not because of people in Congress, not because of political parties, we have freedom not because of any one individual.  We've got freedom in this country because the Founding Fathers understood from where it came: God.  The Founding Fathers understood that we are all as human beings born free and with the essence and the yearning to be free, and they embodied that in the Constitution.  That is one of the fundamental foundational building blocks of our Constitution.  And so when you hear me talk about individual liberty, I'm talking about respect for and admiration of and awe of the Constitution and the people who put it together.  But none of our elected officials today, or very few, I mean there are some, they're in a minority, but none of the ones in power today talk about individual liberty.  You don't hear it.  You don't hear them talk about limited government. You might hear some phrase about empowering the people.  What the hell is that?  The people in this country are born empowered because of the Constitution.  There isn't somebody in Washington that has to empower us.  We are born that way in this country because of our Constitution, well, because of God, but the Constitution codifies it.  This business of empowering people is absolute psychobabble BS.  

<snip>

A few months ago, and mere moments ago, ladies and gentlemen, I said that President Bush, who I think is a great man, by the way, and I'm very much supportive of his war on terror and the things that he is being forced to focus on now, but I said that he is following Reagan's footsteps when it comes to foreign policy and there's no question about that, but he's following Richard Nixon's footsteps on domestic policy.  I know Bush has cut taxes.  But he's done nothing to stem the growth of government.  The Republicans, in fact, are responsible for this latest rash of spending.  I hate to say this, and forget motivations for a moment.  Guess who tried to stop the spending?  Democrats.  McCain is a Democrat, can we get serious?  McCain, when you get down to it, the Democrats tried to stop this.  Now, not because they're against spending.  They want credit for it when it happens, but still, here comes this brand-new entitlement, guess who's trying to stop it?  Guess who should have been trying to stop it?  Everything was 180 degrees out of phase here.  Our good old Republican Party that's out there, “But, Rush, but, Rush, that was a campaign promise.”  A campaign promise that nobody wanted.  Medicare recipients are not clamoring for it.  [Program Observer interruption] What are you doing in there?  Okay, would you give me time?  Yes, I'm talking about philosophy now.  We'll get to the meat and potatoes of this in a minute as I've already done, but I'm talking philosophy.

Some people seem to dislike Rush because (as they say) he's a Republican stooge. Funny, that doesn't sound very stoogeish to me.

Now, you may or may not like what Rush has to say, and that fine, it's a free country and all that. But I do agree with most of what he says, and it kinda bugs me when people hate him based not on what he actually says, but on what they think he says. Well, here's what he actually said. Republican stooge? Tweedle-dee? You make the call.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a big Rush fan.  I was glad to see him be honest about it.

Scott (see sig)
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, c'mon! He's just another neo-con, remember? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a big Rush fan either. To me he always came off as a smug prick. Maybe the pills and his withdrawl has melted his brain.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
when the repubs do something stupid he calls them on it, which is how it should be.
They've squandered their control of 2 branches of government and have done nothing to get the "smaller government" they always claim they support. They've done nothing to reduce gun control, at the very least Bush could repeal some of the executive orders concerning guns.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
we need a better system with more controls in place to protect our freedoms
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Rush is right.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Ditto
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Rush broke into the conservative news analyst world during Reagan's administration.  He saw how the mainstream media tried to paint Reagan as a reckless cowboy ready to start WWIII with the Russians.  

It must pain him greatly, as it does me, to see what the Republican Party is doing today.  There are no more excuses.  Republicans now control 2 out of 3 bodies of our government.  

Rush is a true conservative and will tell it like it is no matter who is sitting in the Oval Office.  BRAVO
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#10]
He was probably stoned when he said that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some people seem to dislike Rush because (as they say) he's a Republican stooge. Funny, that doesn't sound very stoogeish to me.
View Quote

I don't think of Rush as a Republican stooge, just a stooge.
[:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Rush is an entertainer.  Period.  He gets paid to open his mouth for a couple hours a day.  It's funny to hear him talk about freedom when in fact his opinions and subject matter are controlled by whoever signs his paycheck.  I don't know which major corporate radio giant owns his show at this time, but years ago he used to pick on various corporations, then suddenly turned his focus elsewhere.  Just imagine how his viewpoints would change if Bill Clinton and a bunch of his media buddies were to buy his radio show.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#13]
What corporations were those?

Also, please xplain how he got fired 5 or six times for speaking his mind?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rush is an entertainer.  Period.  He gets paid to open his mouth for a couple hours a day.  It's funny to hear him talk about freedom when in fact his opinions and subject matter are controlled by whoever signs his paycheck.  I don't know which major corporate radio giant owns his show at this time, but years ago he used to pick on various corporations, then suddenly turned his focus elsewhere.  Just imagine how his viewpoints would change if Bill Clinton and a bunch of his media buddies were to buy his radio show.
View Quote

I think you've got it all backwards. The reason why he makes so much money is because he says what he things, not what someone else wants him to think.

It's about the listneners. Rush can bring them in by the millions, and they pay him to do it. If someone tried to tell him what to say, then he could find someone else to pay him overnight. He isn't the company's bitch, the company is his bitch.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He was probably stoned when he said that.
View Quote

Ditto!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Mace...damn right....

He's a commodity, like Oprah... both are so gigantic there are no puppet masters big enough to pull their "strings"

-HS
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Way to go Rush... Mega Dittos!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#20]
The Repubs and the Demos BOTH need a swift kick in the ass.  Rush just has a more visible pulpit then any of us here.  He did good on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top