Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 9:38:08 AM EDT
Dear fellow Arfcommers-
As some of you already know, this is the time of year that Lorie40, me, and a motley assortment of friends and co-workers collect money, buy, build, and donate bicycles for needy kids. We're already at 42 bikes and just getting warmed up.

Further info is in the Hometown Forum located here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=175052&w=myTopicPop

Also, you can find out more, including [shameless plug] How To Donate [/shameless plug] at the website located here:

www.bikes4tykes.org

Thanks for your support. Merry Christmas to all, and remember our service members who can't be home this Christmas.

edited to ad: Mods/Staff, can I get a tack?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
$50 paypal sent to help kick it off rite
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I did it here locally this year (easy way out, bought assembled bike).

Thanks for doing this again.[hail2]

Art in KY
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:22:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[red]I did it here locally this year[/red] (easy way out, bought assembled bike).

Thanks for doing this again.[hail2]

Art in KY
View Quote

Okay Art.....you've gone and done it now...Bikes4Tykes is now officially inorporated and copyrighted.....you are now officially appointed Head Elf for Kentucky! [:D]

Thanks for your generosity.

Tattoo....thanks to you as well. Are you and Brass on the way to the Bronx to help build 'em? [rofl]

CandL, thanks for the tack...I'm gonna edit out the BTT's now [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:08:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did it here locally this year (easy way out, bought assembled bike). Thanks for doing this again.[hail2]
Art in KY
View Quote

Thanks, Art!  That is exactly how Bikes4Tykes was started back in 1996. I saw an ornament on a Salvation Army Angel tree and I wanted to give a kid his wish for a new bike.  I couldn't afford to buy one myself so I rallied the project team at work and we ended up with enough money to buy 10 bikes that we donated to the Salvation Army.  

In total we have 316 bikes, not counting what we will donate this year (44 on hand so far).

If anyone is interested in starting a Bikes4Tykes chapter in your community, drop me a line I will provide you with everything you need.  It is really easy, just takes a little time and elbow grease.  Or go to our website [url]www.bikes4tykes.org[/url] to donate to our 2003 campaign.  Everyone is invited to the Assembly party on the 14th.  The website has the details.

Happy Holidays!  

Lorie
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tattoo....thanks to you as well. Are you and Brass on the way to the Bronx to help build 'em? [rofl]

View Quote

if i could i would but we just road triped to indy last weekend
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Funds sent....good luck with th bike building...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:38:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again for your help fellas. The Marines picked up the first 50 bikes yesterday for distribution in  NYC . Specail thanks to cousin Booby40 and Racer 934 who drove through a blizzard to help assemble.

Now...on to the suburbs! [bounce]

edited for spelling. d'oh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top