Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2001 4:25:57 PM EDT
Are we Americans as dumb as we appear, or is just that we
do not think on our own?
For example, while the Chinese held our plane and its crew hostage,(thank God they are free now) presumably to get more time to inspect the plane, the media and even some Senators criticized the Bush Administration for perceived errors.
Yet 70% of all Americans in polls believe that the trading privileges afforded the Chinese should be suspended.
Well, duh..why do you need the government to suspend trading
privileges? DO IT YOURSELF!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says "Made in China" or "PRC" (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another product or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products,
however you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

As an example, who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter?
If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is, don't wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own. If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

The downside? Some American businesses may feel a temporary
pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory. The solution is, let's give them fair warning.

So if you want to do something to protest the way the Chinese
treated our country and our military folks, let's target
May 1st to June 1st to boycott all Chinese-made products.
That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12 of the total, or 8% of their American exports.
Then just maybe they will at least have to ask themselves if the
benefits of their arrogance and renegade lawlessness were worth it.

Remember: May 1st to June 1st. Then go ahead and send
this to everybody you know. Let's show them we are Americans and NOBODY can take our people and our military planes and hold them without at least some retribution for their actions.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Just one month? My wife and I have been boycotting Chinese goods for 5 years.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Boycott? DO IT. Get your friends to do it. Tell you family and friends, if they ever buy you a gift, to check the tag. If it's made in USA, KICK ASS!!! If it's made in China, f-that.

Maybe we should write letters to Walmart??? Would that do any good? We should demand that places like Walmart, K-Mart, etc, buy more American goods or we will boycott them also.

China can kiss my American ass.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I just bought a $15 remote control to replace the one the dog ate.  It's made in Mexico.  I had to pass on the $8 remote because it came from CHINA.  But it was worth it.

F- that country and the crap they send over here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 3:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Been doing it for a long time.  But most everyone I know looks at me really strangely and says, "You just can't avoid buying stuff from China...get real...why bother...you some kinda weirdo or what...?"

Country's over.  Was a really nice try, lasted a long time, but it's over.  The founding fathers built a palace and turned it over to the people, and we raised pigs in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top