Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 8:16:46 AM EDT
www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/miami/sfl-cridge10dec10,0,5230415.story?coll=sfla-news-miami

Homeland security chief endorses legalizing undocumented immigrants

By Tanya Weinberg
Staff Writer
Posted December 10 2003

Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge told a Miami audience Tuesday that the country should legalize millions of undocumented immigrants living in the country.

"The bottom line is, as a country we have to come to grips with the presence of 8 to 12 million illegals, afford them some kind of legal status some way, but also as a country decide what our immigration policy is and then enforce it," Ridge said at a town hall meeting at Miami-Dade Community College.

The forum was the second in a national series organized by the nonprofit Council for Excellence in Government, which aims to develop homeland security recommendations for various levels of government and the public. Business and community leaders, students and others had the chance to ask Ridge and state and local officials about topics that included cybersecurity, airport security, cargo inspection and immigration.

A man who identified himself as Miguel Arroyo, of Aventura, asked Ridge whether he supported immigration legalization and whether he thought it would benefit national security.

Ridge said he thinks the body politic is about ready to address the issue of the illegal immigrants, who he said contribute to communities and Social Security and pay taxes. He referred to a growing number of bills that would grant residency to some of those living here illegally. He said one of these, which would require all illegal immigrants to leave the country before applying for residency, is "not workable."

"I'm not saying make them citizens, because they violated the law to get here," he said. "So you don't reward that type of conduct by turning over a citizenship certificate. You determine how you can legalize their presence, then, as a country, you make a decision that from this day forward, from this day forward, this is the process of entry, and if you violate that process of entry we have the resources to cope with it."

At the town hall meeting and at a morning meeting with Gov. Jeb Bush, Ridge praised Florida's level of security preparedness. This year Florida is spending $403 million on homeland security. Most comes from the $29.4 billion in federal money for domestic security programs.

At the morning meeting, Bush told a national security advisory council that the state has improved coordination between law enforcement and emergency personnel and heightened security at seaports.

"In the event of a disaster, a terrorist attack of any kind, ... today we are better trained, better equipped, better coordinated," Bush said.

The town hall audience of about 300 was asked "Do you feel safer than you did a year ago?" Fifty-two percent said yes, 28 percent said no, and 20 percent said unchanged.

WTF else is going to happen today to convince me that our Republic is totally and completely fucked beyond repair?

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#1]
[red][b][size=6]FUCK THIS BULLSHIT!!!![/SIZE=6][/B][/RED]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
WTF else is going to happen today to convince me that our Republic is totally and completely fucked beyond repair?
[banghead]
View Quote

Did you read the thread about school children being ordered to the ground at gun point by the police to prep them for a random drug search by an aggressive alert dog?

[url]http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=218106[/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

[banghead]
View Quote

Trust me you don't want  us to answer that question
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Huh...?

"The bottom line is, as a country we have to [red]come to grips[/red] with the presence of 8 to 12 million illegals, afford them some kind of legal status some way, but also as a country decide what our immigration policy is and then enforce it," Ridge said at a town hall meeting at Miami-Dade Community College.
View Quote

Note this part...

8 to 12 million illegals
View Quote

And this part...

but also as a country decide what our immigration policy is and then enforce it
View Quote

What do you suggest doing with 8 to 12 [red]MILLION[/red] people?
You wanna get rid of them all at once or one at a time?

What he is suggesting is basic common sense to rectify the problem and then attempt to stop it in the future.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[banghead]
View Quote

Trust me you don't want  us to answer that question
View Quote

[worstcasescenario]Rosie O announces her intention to pose NUDE in playboy![/worstcasescenario]       [puke]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Huh...?

View Quote

We realize they won't all fit on one bus!

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#7]
... Is this "news from Hell" day or what?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#8]
No I think it's "Somebody pressed the estrogen button and it be stuck" day...!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Noname,

The problem is that this govt will not do anything to stop the next flood of illegals.  They should be rounded up, chipped and dropped back in their own country.  If they go through the proper procedures we could remove the tracking chip.

These illegals aren't just workers, they're violent criminals as well.  We need our own security fence to stop these people from being able to wander into our country.

I do know of two latino families who were in the states illegally.  After a few years they decided that they did want to be citizens.  They headed back down to Mexico, did the paperwork and were allowed to immigrate to the US.

Right now you could go to my subdivision, holler that you are going to call the police over illegal immigrants and all work would stop as the construction workers headed out.  I'm not making that up, it already happened once when the builder upset one of the home owners.  Total time was about 10 minutes, they can move pretty damn quickly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#10]
x2Dragon,

You live in Raleigh?

-HS
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#11]
"The bottom line is, as a country we have to [red]come to grips[/red] with the presence of to 8 to 12 million illegals, afford them [red]some kind of legal status[/red] some way, but also as a country [red]decide what our immigration policy is and then enforce it[/red]," Ridge said at a town hall meeting at Miami-Dade Community College.
View Quote

[b]
[size=4]HOLY BUCKETS OF BULLSHIT!!! [/size=4][pissed]

I have NEVER heard such a mountian of bullshit coming from one politician's mouth in one sentence in my whole life!!!! [pound]

Not even Slick Willy, Ted Kennedy and Chuck Schumer have ever uttered, in their entire combined political careers, such a conglomerate of outrageous and appalling IDIOCY as what our "Homeland Defense" Secretary has just eructed in this one single statement!!! [stick]

[red]"come to grips"[/red]??? He means [u]SURRENDER[/u]!

[red]"[i]some kind[/i] of legal status"[/red]???? He means take a running dive head-first right onto the slippery slope of FULL citizenship for millions of illegal aliens who are NOT going to swell the ranks of middle-class conservative taxpayers but rather become generationally-poor, uneducated, liberal, welfare-dependants sucking even MORE money out of MY paycheck to pay for THEIR eight ESL kids per household that they can't afford!!!

[red]"decide what our immigration policy is and [i]then[/i] enforce it"[/red]!??!???!??! What the FUCK!?!???
WHAT THE [size=3]FUCK!?[/size=3] Just what in the flying mother of monkeyshit good does it do to IGNORE our [u]EXISTING[/u] immigration laws for 10 million illegal aliens and [u]THEN[/u] write a bunch of new useless laws that the NEXT "Homeland Security" Secretary will then TOSS OUT [u]AGAIN[/u] in ten years and grant yet ANOTHER 15 million illegals "some kind of legal status"!?!???

[size=3] Holy Fucking TOLEDO!!! What the fuck planet am I on!?!?!???[/size=3]

Give me a mutherfucking break I'm gonna fucking blow a fucking gasket here!!!!!
[/b]

[frag] [stick] [chair] [pissed]

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#12]
This is not fair to honest immigrants who busted their asses to follow US laws to be here legally.  There are many of these people and a good number of them are highly skilled and extremely educated people (just look at the Professor and researcher ranks in many US universities).  One of the trades of a good resident (or future citizen) is to uphold and obey the law.  How do you expect these illegals to be good residents/citizens if their being here is already a violation of this country's laws???
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn Mac, here's something to wipe all that spit off your monitor...

[img]http://www.keysan.com/pictures/bfoh1486.jpg[/img]
[banana]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#14]
[size=6]IDIOT[/size=6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is not fair to honest immigrants who busted their asses to follow US laws to be here legally.  There are many of these people and a good number of them are highly skilled and extremely educated people (just look at the Professor and researcher ranks in many US universities).  One of the trades of a good resident (or future citizen) is to uphold and obey the law.  How do you expect these illegals to be good residents/citizens if their being here is already a violation of this country's laws???
View Quote

Ummm, we're talking about ILLEGAL immigrants.  The people who are coming into our country every single day by ILLEGAL means.  Most LEGAL immigrants are intelligent, as you said.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#16]
The hogs look hungry......
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://www.thetartan.org/96/22/news.ridge.cmyk.jpg[/img]

[size=3]TRAITOR !!![/size=3]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Send them back. They are not hard to find. I see hundreds of them every day at work, but the INS/Border Patrol wont pick them up.

Put a bus and a couple BP agents in every southern california county. Every time a cop finds an illegal he takes him to that bus. When the bus is full BP drives it to Mexico.  In my county they would be making a dozen trips a day.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#19]
[V]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't hold back there, Mac, tell us how you really feel!

I definetly agree though. He said:

decide what our immigration policy is and then enforce it
View Quote

Umm... we already decided what our immigration policy was. What message to we send when we decide to formally ignore all of the illegal immigrants and write a whole new policy? Will anyone seriously think that we'll make the slightest effort to enforce this new policy when we didn't do anything to enforce the old one and then decided to ignore everyone who did violate it?

I might expect this kind of crap from a politician, but the director of Homeland Security? How does it help Homeland Secutiry to have millions of people here illegally with no documentation and records? Why it is his business as an appointed official to pander to the immigrant/hispanic population?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#21]
You can't put the shit back in the horse. Until the borders are secure all else is just BS...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Wonder what office he is going to run for?
He just insured a crap load of votes right there.
[stick]

Vote for him and he will help legallize my family. [sarcasume]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Send them back. They are not hard to find. I see hundreds of them every day at work, but the INS/Border Patrol wont pick them up.

Put a bus and a couple BP agents in every southern california county. Every time a cop finds an illegal he takes him to that bus. When the bus is full BP drives it to Mexico.  In my county they would be making a dozen trips a day.
View Quote

They are breaking the law.
What is [red]your[/red] agencys policy when dealing with them...?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wonder what office he is going to run for?
He just insured a crap load of votes right there.
[stick]

Vote for him and he will help legallize my family. [sarcasume]
View Quote

That's exactly what I thought when I read the article.  "Gee, he must be gonna run for office soon..."
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#25]
jesus tapdancing christ....when is the roof gonna collapse in this place?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Don't hold back there, Mac, tell us how you really feel!

I definetly agree though. He said:

decide what our immigration policy is and then enforce it
View Quote

Umm... we already decided what our immigration policy was. What message to we send when we decide to formally ignore all of the illegal immigrants and write a whole new policy? Will anyone seriously think that we'll make the slightest effort to enforce this new policy when we didn't do anything to enforce the old one and then decided to ignore everyone who did violate it?

I might expect this kind of crap from a politician, but the director of Homeland Security? How does it help Homeland Secutiry to have millions of people here illegally with no documentation and records? Why it is his business as an appointed official to pander to the immigrant/hispanic population?
View Quote
You expected something different?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#27]
This just demonstrates why we need to make sure the repubs have a majority in the Senate!!

Then they could just RAM their agenda right [s]up your ass[/s] through, to the President for signature.

We already know, he will sign anything, without regard, to his oath of office.. [devil]

Vote Tweedely-dee!!  [snoopy]!!

How are you doing this evening zaphod?? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I might expect this kind of crap from a politician, but the director of Homeland Security?
View Quote

Sorry, bud - but the Director of Homeland (in)Security [i]is[/i] a politician.  No, he wasn't elected, but he still got his job by kissing [i]someone's[/i] ass.... it just wasn't the collective ass of "We the People".
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I think the answer to this problem is simple; we just start enforcing the imigration laws with the same zeal that we do the War on Drugs!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I think the one useful point that Ridge's latest rambling brings to the fore is that whatever this country's policy on illegal immigration is, it ain't working worth shit. This assclown is supposed to be working to strengthen our domestic security, not rolling over to the ongoing daily invasion from the south and the north. Fuck Tom Ridge, and the ass-kissing horse on which he rode into Washington.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#31]

[size=4][red]"I'm not saying make them citizens, because they violated the law to get here," he said. "So you don't reward that type of conduct by turning over a citizenship certificate." You determine how you can legalize their presence, then, as a country, you make a decision that from this day forward, from this day forward, this is the process of entry, and if you violate that process of entry we have the resources to cope with it."[/red][/size=4]"

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Put a posting in all the news papers saying that
if you are a illegal come to such and such place at such and such time and we will make you legal. Have troops hiding and when the shit asses show up start filling up trucks. Then you take them to a remote area and shoot every one of them summmmmm bitches. Go with the first part of the statment but transport them to a camp then load them up one more time to send them home. Then you lock down the border. Wishful thinking anyway. The fact of the matter is that them summmmmmmmm bitches up in D.C. are not going to do one damn thing until we have another 911 and then they still might not do shit then. We are all fucked. I might not see it in my life time but my son more or less will.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#33]
[b][red]If we can track them down to give them "legal status" then we sure as fuck can kick their sorry asses out of here[/red][/b]

What is so FUCKING hard about that concept?

We are doomed as a sovereign nation unless we can control our borders.  The laws are on the books already.  We're spending fucking BILLIONS on so-called "Homeland Security".  [B]GET OFF YOUR FUCKING ASSES AND SECURE OUR FUCKING HOMELAND[/B]

Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick.  What the fuck is so hard about this?

I know exactly what's so hard about it.  It requires POLITICAL WILL and offending the delectate sensibilities of other countries.  Well, as far as I'm concerned [red][b]FUCK THE OTHER COUNTRIES - TAKE BACK YOUR GODDAMNED PEOPLE AND KEEP THEM THE HELL WHERE THEY BELONG.[/B][/RED]  Next time well shoot the motherfuckers on sight if they try to cross the border illegally.

[b]CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?  [SIZE=6]GOOD![/SIZE=6][/B]

Yes, I’m pissed.  On the same day that [s]SCROTUS[/s], SCOTUS says that American Citizens can be “reasonably restricted” in their political free speech, the Director of “Homeland Security” comes out and tells us that we’ll just have to put up with people that have ILLEGALLY ENTERED THIS NATION AND FIND A WAY TO ACCOMMODATE THEM BECAUSE IT’S TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO GET RID OF THEM.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
[red]"You determine how you can legalize their presence, then, as a country, you make a decision that from this day forward, from this day forward, this is the process of entry, and if you violate that process of entry we have the resources to cope with it."[/red]"
View Quote
[b]Bullpiss!!![/b] [;D]

We've already DONE that!!!

We already HAD an amnesty program of "non-resident status cancellation" which allowed illegal aliens to receive "green cards" - lawful permanent resident (LPR) status - if they have lived in the U.S. illegally for 10 years and had a spouse, parent or child who is a U.S. citizen or an LPR.

In 1986, President Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), which allowed certain illegal aliens who had lived in the U.S. for a certain period of time to become lawful permanent residents. [b]The main amnesty provision of the law, section 245A, allowed MILLIONS  of illegal aliens to obtain legal status.[/b] The section designated a [b]one-year[/b] application period from May 5, 1987 to May 4, 1988. In order to qualify, applicants had to establish that they had illegally resided in the U.S. since January 1, 1982 and had maintained "continuous physical presence" since November 6, 1986. Those aliens granted amnesty were pardoned from their immigration violations.

This was intended to be a ONE-TIME AMNESTY for illegal aliens already in the country for many years. After that period of amnesty we were gonna finally 'get tough' on illegal aliens and REALLY start clamping down on our immigration laws.

But since that time there've been MANY MILLIONS MORE who've violated immigration laws and so, "well, there they go again", wanting to grant these millions of illegal aliens resident status ONCE AGAIN - only this time around they call it "Earned Legalization". And there are many incarnations of this idea now from BOTH parties:

* Joseph Lieberman (D-CT) put out a plan to allow illegal aliens who've lived in the U.S. for five years, paid taxes, and followed the law to earn the right to become residents with a new, "one-time" (yeah right!) earned legalization option.

* John Kerry (D-MA) also has a plan that would allow illegal aliens who've been in the United States for a significant amount of time, who have held a job and who can pass a background check to be eligible to earn full citizenship

* Dick Gephardt (D-MO) introduced a bill in October '03, (HR 3271) known as "The Earned Legalization and Family Unification Act of 2002," which would allow illegal aliens who've been in the country for at least five years, who have a work history of two years, and who can pass a criminal background check to obtain legal status in the U.S. The bill would also unite families by reforming the visa system to eliminate backlogs to family unification... meaning once legalized they can import their whole frickin' family with them.

* John McCain (R-AZ) introduced a bill similar to Gephardt's in the Senate called the "Land Border Security and Immigration Improvement Act" (S 1461) to have the same effect - to ensure that there is "no longer an underground class of undocumented immigrants".

* And yet ANOTHER "Earned Legalization" bill (HR 2899), was introduced in the House by Congressmen Jim Kolbe (R-AZ) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ).

And of course in another ten years, they'll do it all over again for the next batch of 15 million new illegals that cross our UNPROTECTED, UNSECURED, WIDE-OPEN BORDERS which [b]NO ONE is wanting to address!!!![/b]

[pissed]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:21:24 AM EDT
[#35]
WOO HOO USA USA USA USA!!!

(man, yesterday was shitty news day apparently)
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#36]
It should be self-evident to all, that SOMEONE, is consciously trying to destroy our Nation with these, and other, policies.

It can no longer be denied, that it's intentional.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#37]
yup, liberty - it is intentional.  the more these "softy" programs [i]don't[/i] work on whatever problem they were "sure to fix," the more personnel/appropriations they can call for to fix it with PlanNext.  so they grow and grow and grow x agency and y agency, and pretty soon - just about damn near everybody works for the gov't.  and who would [i]ever[/i] (no matter how idiotic/oppressive they may become) want to bite the hand that feeds them?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Great Post "The_Macallan"
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:52:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/miami/sfl-cridge10dec10,0,5230415.story?coll=sfla-news-miami[/url]
[size=5]Homeland security chief endorses legalizing undocumented immigrants[/size=5]
By Tanya Weinberg
Staff Writer
Posted December 10 2003

Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge told a Miami audience Tuesday that the country should legalize millions of undocumented immigrants living in the country.

"The bottom line is, as a country we have to come to grips with the presence of 8 to 12 million illegals, afford them some kind of legal status some way, but also as a country decide what our immigration policy is and then enforce it," Ridge said at a town hall meeting at Miami-Dade Community College.

The forum was the second in a national series organized by the nonprofit Council for Excellence in Government, which aims to develop homeland security recommendations for various levels of government and the public. Business and community leaders, students and others had the chance to ask Ridge and state and local officials about topics that included cybersecurity, airport security, cargo inspection and immigration.

A man who identified himself as Miguel Arroyo, of Aventura, asked Ridge whether he supported immigration legalization and whether he thought it would benefit national security.

Ridge said he thinks the body politic is about ready to address the issue of the illegal immigrants, who he said contribute to communities and Social Security and pay taxes. He referred to a growing number of bills that would grant residency to some of those living here illegally. He said one of these, which would require all illegal immigrants to leave the country before applying for residency, is "not workable."

"I'm not saying make them citizens, because they violated the law to get here," he said. "So you don't reward that type of conduct by turning over a citizenship certificate. You determine how you can legalize their presence, then, as a country, you make a decision that from this day forward, from this day forward, this is the process of entry, and if you violate that process of entry we have the resources to cope with it."

At the town hall meeting and at a morning meeting with Gov. Jeb Bush, Ridge praised Florida's level of security preparedness. This year Florida is spending $403 million on homeland security. Most comes from the $29.4 billion in federal money for domestic security programs.

At the morning meeting, Bush told a national security advisory council that the state has improved coordination between law enforcement and emergency personnel and heightened security at seaports.

"In the event of a disaster, a terrorist attack of any kind, ... today we are better trained, better equipped, better coordinated," Bush said.
The town hall audience of about 300 was asked "Do you feel safer than you did a year ago?" Fifty-two percent said yes, 28 percent said no, and 20 percent said unchanged.
View Quote

WTF else is going to happen today to convince me that our Republic is totally and completely fucked beyond repair?[banghead]
View Quote

All this brought to you by the Republican Party. [rolleyes]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#40]
You don't [i][b]need[/i][/b] to track them all down. All you have to do is make it damned inconvenient to live here.
- Conduct ALL Gov't business in English.
- Require citizinship or legal immigration status for conducting business such as banking.
- Deny non-emergency medical care illegals.
- Make illegal immigration illegal by State laws. This allows ordinary beat cops to arrest illegals and turn them over for deportation.
- Fine any company that employs them into bankruptcy.
- Repeal driving priveledges for illegals.
- Modify citizenship requirements so that being born here isn't good enough. Make it so you must be born to citizens or even parents with a legal immigration status.

I'm sure there many more ways to do this. I think our politicians just need a little more imagination.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:32:54 AM EDT
[#41]

I am amazed that the US Border Patrol can even find people willing to work for them in under the current conditions.  

I can't imagine a more frustrating and essentially useless job, and I have a lot of respect for those agents who work so hard, with so little net gain.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Sorry guys, this is a lost cause. Every business, from construction companies to restaurants, relies on illegal workers. They will make sure there is always an ample supply of illegal workers to dig their trenches and bus their tables and there is nothing the little guy can do about it.

The dems will do nothing. The repubs will do nothing. The states will do nothing. Business will do nothing.

The US we love will look nothing like it does today 50 years from now. It will be known as Mexico Norte. Learn Spanish today!

[size=1][white]Or take the law into your own hands.[/white][/size=1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, this is a lost cause. Every business, from construction companies to restaurants, relies on illegal workers. They will make sure there is always an ample supply of illegal workers to dig their trenches and bus their tables and there is nothing the little guy can do about it.

The dems will do nothing. The repubs will do nothing. The states will do nothing. Business will do nothing.

The US we love will look nothing like it does today 50 years from now. It will be known as Mexico Norte. Learn Spanish today!

[size=1][white]Or take the law into your own hands.[/white][/size=1]
View Quote
Bingo.  Nobody is going to do anything, because the MExicans represent a voting bloc, and because they are doing things for money nobody else will.
I'm almost tempted to become a mover, ditchdigger or a roofer, just to take a job away from an illegal.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:25:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You don't [i][b]need[/i][/b] to track them all down. All you have to do is make it damned inconvenient to live here.
- Conduct ALL Gov't business in English.
- Require citizinship or legal immigration status for conducting business such as banking.
- Deny non-emergency medical care illegals.
- Make illegal immigration illegal by State laws. This allows ordinary beat cops to arrest illegals and turn them over for deportation.
- Fine any company that employs them into bankruptcy.
- Repeal driving priveledges for illegals.
- Modify citizenship requirements so that being born here isn't good enough. Make it so you must be born to citizens or even parents with a legal immigration status.

I'm sure there many more ways to do this. I think our politicians just need a little more imagination.
View Quote
                                                                                                                                        Now here is a position that is do-able.Will the bone smokers in Washington do it?Fuck no it's easier to just keep declaring amnestys and turning the country over to Illegals.Besides the illegals can vote.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It should be self-evident to all, that SOMEONE, is consciously trying to destroy our Nation with these, and other, policies.

It can no longer be denied, that it's intentional.
View Quote
Or LETTING it happen.  The forces that were held in check before, are no longer being held in check.  They are free to exert their will.
What is John Galt doing now?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Huh...?

View Quote

We realize they won't all fit on one bus!

View Quote

No, but they WILL all fit in the Marianas Trench.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#47]
You don't need to round them up one by one and put them on a but. The answer is simple.

Prosecute any and all employers that employ illegals. Severely.

Turn off all the social services for illegals. And I mean all. No schools for their kids, no drivers licenses, no financial aid, no free medical aid. Emergency services would be allowed but they are going to be deported as soon as they are physically able. So they will have to be pretty f*ckin sick before they use it.

Start a guest working program for LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Anyone that want to apply will have to come from outside our borders and there will be means employed to make sure they leave when they are done working.

You take away the incentive to be here and they'll be leaving in droves. We'll still have plenty of LEGAL volunteers to do the jobs supposedly nobody wants to do.

We should still tighten the borders for security reasons but without the incentive the illegal problem would largely take care of itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top