Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 7:03:50 AM EDT
WASHINGTON AP - President Bush quietly signed legislation Tuesday that would extend for 10 years a ban on plastic guns that can be slipped past airport metal detectors or through X-ray machines.

The legislation bans the manufacture, sale or possession of such firearms, but exempts military and intelligence agencies.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Bush, that rat-bastard. He is no conservative. He is a sham:

Campaign Finance Reform
Patriot Act
Sweeping expansion of Medicare
Opposes arming pilots
Favors the AWB

...any questions?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#2]
No big deal here.

It would have been poltical suicide to veto it even though plastic guns don't exist.

Does the military even have any??

CRC
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
So he's signing legislation to ban guns that dont exist?  The horror!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just another link in the chain, that's all...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread is useless without a link...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Just another link in the chain, that's all...
View Quote

No, it's that or headlines and top stories proclaiming that Bush supports legal ownership of guns terrorists could slip through security to hijack planes, calling into question the president's committment to the war on terrorism.

That's exactly how it would be spun.  Might as well sign a ridiculous law that has no practical impact on gun ownership than field stupid media attacks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-bush-guns,0,376300.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines[/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#8]
i have to call bullshit on the NON detectable plastic crap. The federal resever site here is one of my service accounts. I frequently sit in the security office waiting for my contact to come get me.

The "x-ray" scanner they have detect plastic just fine. in fact it color codes everything by color so the security guys know what it is made of. ie.. plastic,metal,biological etc. A "plastic" gun would show up just fine on those scanners. I would also think a plastic gun would still use METAL cased ammo and would be detectable by a metal scanner as well.

mike
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Well folks, looks like we were saved from serious harm once again, which proves beyond a doubt that the pen IS mightier than the sword. Now the terrorists are going to have to wait another ten years to try sneaking on a flight with plastic guns. I feel much safer already. Just think what a few more strokes of the pen could do for our Nations safety, heck we won't even need to have any guns at all.[;D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i have to call bullshit on the NON detectable plastic crap. The federal resever site here is one of my service accounts. I frequently sit in the security office waiting for my contact to come get me.

The "x-ray" scanner they have detect plastic just fine. in fact it color codes everything by color so the security guys know what it is made of. ie.. plastic,metal,biological etc. A "plastic" gun would show up just fine on those scanners. I would also think a plastic gun would still use METAL cased ammo and would be detectable by a metal scanner as well.

mike
View Quote
Agreed.  The x-ray machine I have used is sensitive enough to show string.  Plastic not showing up on x-ray?  Ignorance, nothing more.  Anything not showing up on x-ray?  Hysteria, nothing more.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
These guns dont exist becuase there is a law banning them. It would be hard to build a gun that wont show up on Xray. It would be easy to build a non magnetic gun that you could wear through an airport checkpoint.

Lift the ban and someone will find a way to build them out of plastics, ceramics or titanium, using aluminum cased or caseless ammo. I'll buy one.

This doesnt look good for Bush and the AWB.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know about anyone here, the thought of pulling the trigger on a cartridge like a 10mm and a plastic chamber doesn't give me tinglies!  Of course, I wouldn't mind watching from a safe distance mind you of an idiot trying it out![:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
These guns dont exist becuase there is a law banning them. It would be hard to build a gun that wont show up on Xray. It would be easy to build a non magnetic gun that you could wear through an airport checkpoint.

Lift the ban and someone will find a way to build them out of plastics, ceramics or titanium, using aluminum cased or caseless ammo. I'll buy one.
View Quote

I guess no one grows pot or snorts coke since tehre is a ban on that too right???
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Campaign Finance Reform
Patriot Act
Opposes arming pilots
Favors the AWB

...any questions?
View Quote

i assume you're gonna challenge and defeat Bush for the Republican nomination then?
didn't think so
[img]http://www.georgewbush.com/images/downloads/GWB_logo_350.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]
my thoughts exactly killingmachine....these bans and laws solve nothing..all they do is drive the price of certain guns sky high.  almost makes you wonder if certain gun manufactorers are in bed w/ uncle sam.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Campaign Finance Reform
Patriot Act
Opposes arming pilots
Favors the AWB

...any questions?
View Quote

i assume you're gonna challenge and defeat Bush for the Republican nomination then?
didn't think so
[url]http://www.georgewbush.com/images/downloads/GWB_logo_350.gif[/url]
View Quote

he lost my vote...and hes from my town for christ sakes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#17]
there goes the glocks and sig pros. what else is plastic that we won't have?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank God, somebody's finally outlawed Glocks. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
didn't think so
[url]http://www.georgewbush.com/images/downloads/GWB_logo_350.gif[/url]
View Quote

Let me tell you what I [i][b]am[/i][/b]  going to do: Work my ass off to try and defeat anyone who is a threat to freedom.

You go ahead and vote for the lesser of two evils. See where it's gotten us?

I say fuck it. We're going to end up in the same place anyway...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#20]
great, so much for the revolutionary all plastic gun design i was working on
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#21]
That's it!
I'm going to vote for the only candidate who I know for certain will look out for my rights.

Myself.

That'll teach 'em.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's it!
I'm going to vote for the only candidate who I know for certain will look out for my rights.

Myself.

That'll teach 'em.
View Quote

I believe it would.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#23]
heck, i will vote for you, yeah, arfcom controlled president
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's it!

Myself.

That'll teach 'em.
View Quote

Its a start.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's it!

Myself.

That'll teach 'em.
View Quote

I believe it would.

View Quote

If we all did this (or at least enough of us so that the Democrat was elected) it would teach them something, alright.
It would teach them that next time they need to go to the LEFT, like their Democrat victor.

If you believe that a defeated Republican Party would come away from such a loss with the idea that they needed to be MORE conservative next time....

...You're high.

They'd go for the "moderate", the "swing voter", etc.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#26]
All the pro-gun, Bush/Republican bashers here who say they won't vote GOP in the next elections deserve what they will get if  the democrats were to take control of both houses and the presidency. You ain't seen gun control until that happens.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Man, you guys all had me worried the AWB got snuck in!!!   My heart about stopped.   Plastic guns?   who cares?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Man, you guys all had me worried the AWB got snuck in!!!   My heart about stopped.   [red]Plastic guns?   who cares?[/red]
View Quote

G.I. Joe... [:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#29]
poor ole gi joe
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Campaign Finance Reform
Patriot Act
Opposes arming pilots
Favors the AWB

...any questions?
View Quote

Yes, One Question. Are you having a really FCKIN' BAD DAY. Your rantings of GWB is already known in another thread.How 'bout something positive to contribute and knock off the whining.[;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top