Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 4:03:23 AM EDT
My wife's folks and I have had I guess what you may best describe as a tenuous relationship (my wife and I have been married for a little over eleven years). I've dropped the animosity a LONG time ago for my wife's sake (it's not fair to put her in the middle). At any rate, they've been gradually warming up to me every now and then.

Both her mom and dad have just retired and are moving back overseas (they just built a big house in the PI). They sold all but one vehicle and were planning on taking it with them until they figured up the freight cost and tariff, which was more than they were willing to spend. So they called me and offered to give me the car if I'd come and get it (they live in San Jose, Kalistan). Here it is:

It's a 1988 Mercedes 420 SEL with 120K miles. Solid as a rock, runs like a top, and CLEAN. I flew out on Halloween and made it back here the following Sunday afternoon (that's some hard driving).

The guys at work think it may look better with some Iraqi flags on the front fenders.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe you should hang on to them for a while.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking car.  Cool of the in-laws.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, that's a nice car! BobK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top