Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 4:37:39 PM EDT
I am flying SWA a week from today from Albuquerque to Phoenix, staying for a week or so and then returning to Albuquerque (assuming the brain surgery goes well). I have found the information on the SWA website and have talked to a local SWA representative so I think I have the procedure down as far as the airline is concerned.

What I do not have figured out are the specific local and state laws for carrying a .45 in a car, on my person, in any 'restricted' areas, and anything else I may need to know.

I may also bring the AR.....if there is gonna be a shoot or anything while I am in Az! Nah, I'll just be bringing the Kimber.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Wiggy, I think you're going to find that the laws are much more squared away where you're going than where you are. If you haven't looked yet, check out [url]www.packing.org[/url].
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#2]
In the Great Free State of Arizona, you may carry your 45 anywhere you want except where posted or in an establishment that serves alcohol AS LONG AS IT IS IN PLAIN SIGHT, HOLSTERED. And you can have it locked & loaded in the glovebox as long as it is in a holster.

If you're here long enough, you can take the CCW course & apply for a permit. You DO NOT HAVE TO BE A RESIDENT OF ARIZONA TO GET ONE. Just a legal US citixen who can pass the FBI background check. That even makes me able to purchase any weapon with out the Brady Bill getting in my way in any shape or form!!! Show my card, fill out the paperwork & walk out the door!
And there is no law in any county or city that can alter out the carry laws. Gun laws are the same anywhere in the state EXCEPT the Indian Reservations. But I don't go there anyway.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are going to be in the hospital, what are you going to do with it then?  Carrying it in AZ is (as noted) easy.  Storing it will be the problem.  The hospital isn't going to want it around, they have enough theft problems without adding a pistol to the mix.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, I wish I had more time to take the CCW in AZ while I am there.

Point well taken PaDanby, I have a crash pad at a friend's house while I am there, she is also providing me with a car to drive. So I will be able to secure the weapon while I am in the Hospital, but can have the protection it offers the rest of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top