Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2003 4:36:45 PM EDT
Well, I needed to get the free float tube off my AR. I needed a barrel wrench.

Being a cheap bastage, I didn't want to buy one - so I made one.

The "wrench" is a 18" long piece of 5/4 decking about 2.5" wide. I drilled a hole for the barrel. Then I drilled holes for the "tits" ( 1.25" long screws) that would engage the free float tube mount. I clamped the upper to the workbench.
, and wrenched away.

It worked.

And that Yankee ingenuity is why the North won the war.

Still, I'm glad to live in the South.  :D
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
yankee ingenuity??????

shiiiiiiiiiiiit, i can build a space station out of baling wire and duct tape............
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
shiiiiiiiiiiiit, i can build a space station out of baling wire and duct tape............
View Quote

That ain't Yankee Ingenuity. That there's Redneck Engineering.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice use of the word "tits" in a thread!
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't knock Southerners, now!   We can bread and deep fry anything.   Not a lot of other cultures have that knack!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:02:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yankee ingenuity??????

View Quote

Go easy on him. He just doesn't realize he's lived in the south long enough for him to pick up [i]The Skill[/i]. Let him think he got it from the north, and he [u]might[/u] figure it out one day...

Jonathan
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Duct tape- the handy man's secret weapon!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#8]
A thread topic like that from someone living in South Carolina? [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Soooo... so far we have tits, duct tape, space station, "bread and deepfry", and wood in this thread.  Throw all those together and I get serious wood!

Am I the only one here with a woody?

[peep]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Am I the only one here with a woody?

View Quote

Yes you are.  Please get help.

[:)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, I needed to get the free float tube off my AR. I needed a barrel wrench.

Being a cheap bastage, I didn't want to buy one - so I made one.

[url]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/pc13ecda4b45657acb73eabba04dda7d1/fa573bec.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid92/p850fd8fd765694e0a49ab25a773d936a/fa573be7.jpg[/url]

The "wrench" is a 18" long piece of 5/4 decking about 2.5" wide. I drilled a hole for the barrel. Then I drilled holes for the "tits" ( 1.25" long screws) that would engage the free float tube mount. I clamped the upper to the workbench.
, and wrenched away.

It worked.

And that Yankee ingenuity is why the North won the war.

Still, I'm glad to live in the South.  :D
View Quote

I forgot to say, very ingenious rig sir. Seems like some good southern engineering has taken hold of you. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#12]
But why - [b]WHY DEAR GOD!?!?[/b] - must you boil the peanuts???

EDITED TO ADD:  Nice looking kitchen you've got there by the way!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

EDITED TO ADD:  Nice looking kitchen you've got there by the way!
View Quote

Because it makes them OH SO YUMMY!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Just be sure to put the decking board back in the porch before someone falls through and gets hurt.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yankee ingenuity??????

View Quote

Sure, but what good is it going to do you just sitting on those blocks in your front yard, right next to the '74 Pinto (also on blocks)?  [:D]

[peep]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[red]Yup.[/red]
View Quote

Umm......shouldn't that be "Yep"?
Hell(ETHWon'tGiveBackMySouthern/YankeeDictionary)dog40
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Sure, but what good is it going to do you just sitting on those blocks in your front yard, right next to the '74 Pinto (also on blocks)?
View Quote

#1  there will be no fords up on blocks on my property!!!! (well, there is that junk ass cracked 302 block in the back.......)

#2  suuuuure i dont have access to liquid nitrogen fuel or rocket fuel or any of that crap, but i bet i can get that puppy in orbit with enough propane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3  to clarify my original post:  i cant build a space station ONLY from baling wire and duct tape, everybody knows thats impossible.  i would, of course, also need creativity juice (cold beer)

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obviously, sir, you have never had properly prepared, fresh boiled peanuts.

There are hundreds of ways to screw em up, and most people do... But get a fresh batch of good ones and you'll understand.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Them thar tools are nice!

You should see what I can do with rusted shit at work.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#20]
You may have fixed your barrel, but.............

NOW YOUR DOG'S GETTING WET! PUT THE BOARD BACK!

(Why is it that almost everyone who has replied is from the South? Was it the thread title that raised the ugly head of jelousy or curiousity? You might think we are still  pissed about losing!)

FYI - [url]http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/gmindex.html[/url] - My FAVORITE Southern website
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top