Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2003 10:20:11 AM EDT
I'm finally done with my teaching!!!   Woo-hoo

I still need to assign grades (but I have a cadre of TAs doing the bulk of the work for me), and I still have to sit in as a judge on our case competition (a week-long affair) but I'm done teaching!!!!  I don't have to stand in a classroom again until September!  People will just leave me alone in my office!  

Heaven!  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
My husband feels that way when the students leave for the summer.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Did I read that right?  DK-Prof only works 3 months a year??
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish!  [:D]

No no- I only TEACH 3 months every year - I WORK 12 months a year.  My primary job is research, but I have to teach 3 classes (and I schedule them all in the fall).
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Geeze. I thought from the topic you had finally cleaned that grungy-ass 1911, ya lazy bastage.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Geeze. I thought from the topic you had finally cleaned that grungy-ass 1911, ya lazy bastage.
View Quote

Touche  [ROFL2]

Well, I'm off to go buy myself a milkshake to celebrate.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No no- I only TEACH 3 months every year - I WORK 12 months a year.  My primary job is research, but I have to teach 3 classes (and I schedule them all in the fall).
View Quote

I'm taking notes here... I've got to make sure I have this just right before I walk into my the bossman's office.  DK-Prof said, in essence, that being left alone in his office for 9 months a year to conduct "research" is considerd work.

OK!  I got it.  I'll be right back.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I thought you were getting a job in the real world or something. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
i've got exams this week and next :-/
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I'm taking notes here... I've got to make sure I have this just right before I walk into my the bossman's office.  DK-Prof said, in essence, that being left alone in his office for 9 months a year to conduct "research" is considerd work.

OK!  I got it.  I'll be right back.
View Quote

WHOA!!!!  Not a gooooood idea.  DPeacher --->[spank]<---Bossman
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#10]
What were you teaching?

What are you researching?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm finally done with my teaching!!!   Woo-hoo [BEER]

I still need to assign grades (but I have a cadre of TAs doing the bulk of the work for me), and I still have to sit in as a judge on our case competition (a week-long affair) but I'm done teaching!!!!  I don't have to stand in a classroom again until September!  People will just leave me alone in my office!  

Heaven!  
View Quote

I am done this week and start again in the middle of January.  I have a full time job, but I teach for fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top