Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 10:53:27 PM EDT
ok.. a guy with NO FFL, can send a rifle to an FFL, and the recieving FFL does not need to send a copy of there liscense to the non FFL sending the gun correct??, i have no FFL and i sold my gun to someone he has ok'd it with the recieving FFL, i was gonna just take the reciving FFL's # and run it threw the "FFL" checker to make sure it's up to snuff...

sound right?

or am i missing something?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be correct at the federal level. Not knowing enough about Illinois laws who knows what they might add.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
if it makes a diffrence it's going from IL to MO
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You are correct.  You can check the validity of the FFL at the BATF FFL eZCheck web site.  It will also give you the premisis address of the dealer.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
You are correct. The receiving FFL will need your address for his bound book. Ask for his FFL number to verify the ship to info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top