Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 10:34:36 PM EDT
I plan to build an accurized National Match rifle with a bunch of USGI NM parts gathered over the past year.  I just found the USGI Saco-Lowell NM barrel I'll be using and want to go with an Armscorp reciever.  I'll be having it built according to NM specs, so should I get the Armscorp M14 NM or the M21?  I know the difference is only the markings, which one do you vote for?

I like the idea of having the M14 NM cause the Barrel will have the NM markings ect....
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself an LRB receiver and send it to Smith for a build...LRB is the only forged receiver made in the USA
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Avoid Armscorp at all lengths.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Why avoid Armscorp?  I'm avoiding LRB with a passion.  Been there done that, had it taken away by BATF just because it had the connector rod and corresponding cut on the receiver!

What's a good (decent) M14/M1A receiver to build up a National Match rifle with??

I won't even consider a PRC rifle/reciever.  I don't know if Springfield sells stripped recivers and I won't touch an Entreprise after the headaches with a FAL build.....
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The new LRB receivers are approved by the BATF.

I saw the copy of the approval letter at Battlerifles.com

Good info over there.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, SA sells one or two lugged receivers only.

Armscorp is a POS brand, no offense to those who like them. Cheap guns, made with cheap labor, using cheap engineering & cheap materials.

As bad or worse than Lorcin/Jennings/etc.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, SA sells one or two lugged receivers only.

Armscorp is a POS brand, no offense to those who like them. Cheap guns, made with cheap labor, using cheap engineering & cheap materials.

As bad or worse than Lorcin/Jennings/etc.
View Quote

Are you perhaps thinking of Armscor, as in the Phillipine company?  I have not heard anything bad about Armscorp USA apart from customer service.

How much does the Springfield stripped M1A receiver sell for?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are you perhaps thinking of Armscor, as in the Phillipine company?  
[blue]Yes, I am. Sorry if if I confused the two.[/blue]

How much does the Springfield stripped M1A receiver sell for?
[blue]I would imagine in the $700-800 range. Hit SA's web site & they should list MSRP. Actual retail is usually 10-20% less.[/blue]
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top