Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2003 4:10:31 PM EDT
I have done nothing except go to school and work all year long. I took a 36hr. break to go to Sars Stock in toronto, and a couple days for thanksgiving at my grandparents place. i don't talk to 90% of my friends anymore, and it has been a very long time since I have gone out to do anything. this is my youth for pete's sake

i have brought this on myself which makes me rather upset with myself.

Anyone else feel like they have pissed away a good year of their life?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Any year you are able to finnish out ---------make it through -----is a good one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
So true, I guess I should not count my eggs before they hatch.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Which means you can rectify the problem. Don't look back, look forward. Start doing stuff you want to do, just because you want to. Don't think up reasons why you shouldn't.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
What Cyanide said.

Lets see. I pissed a whole lotta money away. Learned strippers are fun. Oh, and i learned that a bottle of tequila will put me in a 12 coma. I think I learned alot this year so it wasnt a total waste....

As for you going to school taking up your time, just consider that an investment that will pay for itself later in life.

omg i sound like my dad.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Lets see, best friend died leaving wife and one month old, dog developed cancerous tumors, twice, dented the wife's porsche, and after a year of painful marriage counseling, have to move out of the house I love leaving the dogs I love in a couple weeks.

Yeah, I'd call it a banner fucking waste of a year.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
wow... its DEC 9th already...

it doesnt even feel like the holiday season,
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#7]
do you know how many guns you could have bought this yea....oh sorry

Any day/week/month/year you wake up alive is a good day/week/month/year
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Without a shadow of a doubt, 2003 has been the WORST year of my life.

That includes Plebe Year AND the year my mother spent four months battling (and losing with) breast cancer, only to have my future father-in-law develop prostate cancer two weeks later.

So, it has really sucked. Unfortunately, 2004 isn't looking so hot right now, either...

Sorry. Bit of a somber mood this morning...

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't wanna talk about it.
AB
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#10]
My 2003 sucked.  The beginnning of the year was great, I had everything figured out.  I was happily married, soon to start trying for a baby.  The wife just got an awsome job.  I was ranked #6 in the entire nation for assets taken under management out of roughly 1000 associates.  Then, in August my wife flaked out and I had to divorce her.  I was in such a shitty mood my national rank dropped to the high 30s because I didnt feel like working much.  The bitch left me with $15K in CC debt to pay off.  And until recently, I have been getting no action.

But things are getting better now.  My producton at work is through the roof so far this month, I have purchased 2 guns since August with no nagging, and appartly I am hot!  It turns out that chicks think I am the shit.  When I walk into a bar, 5 minunts later I have a hottie for the evening.

So, to sum up 2003, it rocked, it sucked, its getting better.

Sorry for the long post.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have done nothing except go to school and work all year long. I took a 36hr. break to go to Sars Stock in toronto, and a couple days for thanksgiving at my grandparents place. i don't talk to 90% of my friends anymore, and it has been a very long time since I have gone out to do anything. this is my youth for pete's sake

View Quote
 If you don't like it and it's in your control, change it!  Otherwise, deal with it.  I heard a really funny skit on the radio that had a part that rings true:
[b]Life is like a game of space invaders.  You can't win, it starts out easy, then gets harder and harder until you die![/b]

Note: As you get older, you find that you have fewer and fewer fiends anyway.  Why, because as a kid, you have no acquaintances, everyone you know is a 'friend'.  As you age, your definition becomes more refined and people move from the friend pile to the acquaintance pile where they should have been in the first place.  My point is losing contact with old 'friends' is natural.  Sometimes because your lives take different paths, and sometimes because they were never your friend in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I think 2003 was pretty good to me. Got 3 new guns
1. Silver Chrome 9mm BHP
2. Stainless Sig 232 .380ACP
3. Within a week I`ll have a Colt 6400c

Also I finally got my carry permit. Saw one of the best movies in a loooooooong while Terminator 3!

But I did fail the Phily PD test[:(]. That was the only thing that really sucked this year for me at least. Overall I think it was a good year.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#13]
That`s the truth DriftPunch.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have done nothing except go to school and work all year long.
View Quote

That is not a waste of life my friend....That [b]IS[/b] life for most of us. We go to school and then we go to find work.  That is my life.

I just thanks the lord that I am still employ and happily living. There were some good years and there were some bad years, but No complaints and no regrets.

Cheers! [beer]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top