Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2003 3:20:28 PM EDT
I wonder how long is the statue of limitations on cases like this? Probably politically motivated.
==============================================================
Woman Files Libel Suit Against Gov. Schwarzenegger

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has been sued for libel by Rhonda Miller, who alleges sexual harassment, and says her reputation was smeared. She claims that Schwarzenegger and his campaign circulated a false rap sheet, belonging to another woman with the same name.

(KFWB/WIRES) 12.08.03, 2:00p -- A woman who alleging that now Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger groped and accosted her when she worked as a stunt woman in a film set will expound on the allegations at a 1:30 news conference on Monday. hold a news conference with her attorneys, Gloria Allred and Paul Hoffman, to announce the filing of a lawsuit against the governor and his election campaign.

Just three days before Arnold Schwarzenegger is scheduled to be inaugurated as governor of California, the lawyer for one of the women who went public with groping allegations against him on the eve of October's recall election says she's preparing to take legal action.

"I think there will be a lawsuit," Venice, Calif., lawyer Paul Hoffman told the New York Sun on Friday. Hoffman represents former actress Rhonda Miller, who worked as a stunt double on the sets of two of the former action star's films in the 1990s.

Hoffman said he was in the process of drawing up papers for a libel claim that he expects to file with the court "pretty soon."

Miller claims that the actor-turned-politician took pictures after lifting her shirt, then pinned her to a makeup chair.

But Hoffman told the Sun that her legal complaint will be based instead on Schwarzenegger's denial of the charge, which included several e-mails sent to the press by his campaign. The messages alluded to online court records which claimed Miller had an arrest record that included prostitution and theft charges.

Miller, however, has denied the allegations. "It's not rocket science, from a legal standpoint," her lawyer said. "They basically accused her of being a criminal. That's slander, or in this case, libel, per se."

Asked about the impending lawsuit, Karen Hanretty, a spokeswoman for Governor-elect Schwarzenegger, told the Sun, "We're not commenting on any of it."

City News Service Contributed to this Report
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd think it'd only be libel if she DIDN'T have a criminal record, and if she WASN'T ever a prostitute, if it's true they can't get him on libel, maybe something else but not libel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems to me that if one throws shit at others then their hands will stink. She's now bitching because her hands stink.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
1Gunrunner you are correct.

BTW this old hag is full of it, why would Arnie even bother to harass a crusty looking bitch like her?  I mean look at her, it would be like sexually harassing Janet Reno or something. Yuck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top