Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2001 1:22:18 PM EDT
You all were warned that Project Exile would be misused against non-violent "criminals". Read this and see if you still support the program:

[url]www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3afbfe4a6fa0.htm[/url]

Then Bob [Bob Glass] mentioned this:

"Project Exile makes no statutory distinction between a crack dealer with a murder record who lounges on the street corner looking for a robbery victim, and a
single mother who carries an unregistered .38 in her purse without a CCW permit."

Rich Marianos, Agent-in-Charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, replied that he makes the decision whether someone "is a criminal or not".
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
so how do you acually feel about exile, i think it hasproblems, but is the most reasonable thing as of so far.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that it is insane. A criminal should be sentenced based on the crime and intent, not whether he or she chose to use a gun, a knife, a baseball bat, or a car.

Do you think that Susan Smith's two little boys are any less dead than they would be if she had used a gun instead of rolling her car into a pond?  If she had shot them, it would have been treated as a gun/domestic violence crime.  Nobody considers it a car/domestic violence crime or a water/domestic violence crime.

Consider also the wackjob b*tch that led her kids into the shed a couple of years ago here in Phoenix and lit the shed on fire. 2 of her kids are dead and she is getting her day in court. Nobody is calling that a fire/domestic violence case.

Anyone who thinks that treating gun crimes differently than any other crimes is a good idea has lost sight of the basic principals of gun rights. We've always argued that "guns don't kill people, people kill people," but some of us don't apply that simple logic, and instead capitulate to the antis.

-Andy
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
To Andy

You are right, it makes no sense....but it is the politically right thing to do... what a bunch of trash our politicians are feeding us.

Stephen
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
"Politically Right" is BS. It's a compromise, and we all know about Neville Chamberlain compromising with Hitler.

-Andy
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
to: SomeGuyInAHat.
Very true. Why would it matter what weapon you use. The victum is still dead.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh yea. And who would want some loony at ATF deciding if you're a criminal or not. Sounds like a God complex or something. Those types scare me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The real scary thing about this is that this kind of crap from the ATF isn't even suprising anymore. I mean it pisses me off to no end obviously, but after all the other heinous things they've done it just doesn't suprise me anymore. What does suprise me is that the masses just don't seem to be to bothered by it all.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top