Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2003 9:35:20 AM EDT
My computer found a few viruses and deleted them from the computer but when i just opened ar15com, it switched to a spy ware or some type of spy ware website.  i also noticed in my control panel add/delete program, a program called hotflix.  is this a virus or a necessary component. thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it is spy ware.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Make a Google search for viruses and see if hotflix it one. It is not on mine. If it is in the add delete program window it must be a program or something that you downloaded and forgot about. I do not belive that Microsoft would put a necessary component in the add/delete programs window.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My computer found a few viruses and deleted them from the computer but when i just opened ar15com, it switched to a spy ware or some type of spy ware website.  i also noticed in my control panel add/delete program, a program called hotflix.  is this a virus or a necessary component. thanks
View Quote

Go to: [url]http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/[/url] Download [b]Ad-Aware[/b], install it and run it. It will get rid of spyware. [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
The reason I said I thought it was spy ware, is a bud called for some help on his machine and I downloaded sby bot for him and ran it, and it made about 20 changes because of something calle hotflix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top