Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 2:32:21 AM EDT
I run on the treadmill at the gym every once in a while when I don't want to run in the cold.  
My question is since all your muscles are doing is moving you up and down and the machine is moving "the ground" it seems like it would not be as efficient as real running?  Does this make sense?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Al I know is enough time on a treadmill will wear me down to a frazzle just as effectively as running on pavement. But then, I DESPISE running. The only reason I keep it up is that I've noticed in combat that those who can't run well often end up dead. That was sort of a "motivator" realization.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:55:50 AM EDT
[#2]
No, it wouls not be as efficient, energey wise.

It's not efficient if you need to get some place else.

But it is more efficient, because if you dont like running in the cold, you wouldn't do it.

Also, because the "ground" moves, it will not  beat the crap out of your joints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top