Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 5:26:46 PM EDT
Wouldn't be surprised if it shows up on cable every once in a while (maybe even on some local TV station at 3:00 AM), but does anyone recall ever seeing it broadcast on network TV, nationwide?

I mean, if the networks can trot out Farrah Fawcet's The Burning Bed or Clint Eastwood's Bridges of Madison County every 6 months or so, surely Red Dawn was an ABC Movie of The Week at some time or other, no?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I could have sworn I saw it on tbs or tnn at midnight once. WOLVERINES!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it has been on TV or cable since it came out. Can't tell you when or anything else. But I remember thinking I was glad I had seen the orignal because it was all chopped to hell. Not the same movie with all the cuts.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Good question!  The Fox affiliate in my area used to show it at least twice a year long ago, but it was one of the weekend cinema type deals.  Wargames was another film that was played on a normal basis.  Being a teenager with an urge to live in the wild and shoot commies at the time, I'd think I would've remembered seeing it on network TV.  Before we had a VCR we had an RCA videodisk player (CED, the analog format with the stylus) and I recall renting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top