Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2001 12:28:38 PM EDT
I stopped in a local convienace store today.  The owner had posted a sign not allowing weapons. I had my .40 under my shirt. SC law says you can post an "no conceal weapons" decal in your window if you don't want guns in your place. What a stupid thing to do!  I'm going to write this dumb*ass and tell him how dumb he is.  Besides criminals ignoring this sign, what else should I tell him?  Anyone have any good links/stories about this I can pass along to him.  I just can't understand this pattern of thinking.  I would want friendly guns in my place in case of robbery, wouldn't you?

Oh, BTW I am going to boycott his place from now on. [-!-]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Since the owner forbids you the ability to protect yourself in his store then I guess he's
taking all responsibilty for your safety. If you are harmed in an armed robbery you could take the sign down after you own the place.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
We have the same law here in Nevada, but where I live, I don't think a business would last long. My job is way cool. Its a sportsbar/restaraunt with a heavily armed wait staff.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
You think that is stupid - I am an LEO in the upstate and at the back door of the Law Enforcement Center - where only police and staff can enter - is a "no concealed carry" sign.

Well DUH!! If you are not a uniform then you carry concealed.

What bad guy is going to enter the PD with a small concealed weapon anyway??  Don't come back with Arnold!

[blue]Blue207[/blue]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
scbackpacker - around here, the Wal-Marts used to be posted No Firearms. Suddenly, all of the signs came down. There was an unconfirmed rumor that a women was raped in the lot after she left her weapon in her vehicle, and sued Wally-World.

-Andy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top