Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 3:07:21 PM EDT
I was in the middle of cranking out a couple of hundred rounds of .45 ACP for my weekly range session, when felt the mechanism stick, then suddenly give.  When I took the automatic primer system apart (Dillon Square Deal B), I discovered that the primer punch had sheared at the bottom.  It looks like a primer may have gotten caught in the works and jammed things up.

Dillon has a "No B.S." warranty, so I shouldn't have a problem getting a replacement but damn, it's frustrating.

Thanks for letting me vent.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Call them Monday, the new parts will be there Thur. That's why you got the Dillon.

(Lee will break too, but you have to pay for the new parts and and wait for a month and can't call a tech toll free to talk you though the fix)
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You were right on the money, Happyshooter.  I just got off the phone with Dillon Precision.  I told them that I need a new Large Primer Punch and Large Primer Cup, and the service rep said he would send me the whole assembly just to make things simple.  Gotta love those guys at Dillon.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Both my Dillons go back to '86 and '89 and still pump 'em out. [:)]
Watch for "berdan" primers...thats 2 holes instead of one. [nono]
And the new "winclean" .45s use a small primer. [pissed]
Other than some "crimped in" primers [:(!] your Dillon should live a long time, especially with the no [BS] warranty.
Still, on rare occasions, an errant primer may find it's way where it has no business, usually on the floor when barefooted. [>Q]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I just use it to crank out rounds for range practice, so I like to keep things simple.  I use Remingtom FMC 230 grain bullets, backed by 5 grains of Bullseye and a Federal 150 primer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top