Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 3:05:07 PM EDT
I am fuming right now. I will try to keep this short, since I can get long-winded on posts. This guy did some yard work for me a few months ago for really cheap. BUT, he had to run around to different houses in my neighborhood and borrow everything he needed: ladder, rake, lawnmower. I didn't give a shit. He seemed to know the people he was borrowing from and he was cheap. So then he gets done with the job and asks if he can leave the lawnmower in the backyard (red flag #1) and get a ride to the bus stop (red flag #2). Sometimes I can be too nice to the point of being stupid, so I run in the house, grab my Kel Tec P32 and slip it in the pocket and drive this SOB 20 minutes downtown to the bus station (he tried to mooch dinner out of me on the way). It takes him about a week to pick up the lawn mower. He shows up a few weeks later and asks to borrow some money. I laughed and asked if he was joking. He asked to leave his (borrowed) blower at my house, which I said yes to. Don't know what the hell I was thinking.

So tonight he shows up with the blower on his bike and asks if he can stick his blower in my backyard again. He tells me he owns the blower. I have been trying to get rid of this fucker for weeks so I call his bluff. The rest I will do as dialogue to make it easier:

Me "You told me last time you borrowed the blower and now you own it? So which is it?"

Him "I am responsible for it so it's like I own it. I mean I borrow it, but I know the guy and all."

Me "You can't be leaving other people's stuff here all the time. I'm not a storage facility for you. And how am I supposed to trust you? You just told me two different stories and I don't know who you borrowed that from"

Him "It's not like it's hot or anything."

Me "I never said it was hot. All I am asking is for you to be straight with me."

Him "You ain't gotta be a dick about it."

Me "Get the hell out of here. I don't need this shit."

MF "Fuck you then."

At this point I lost my shit. Here is an asshole who I have let leave his "borrowed" shit at my house and acts like I am the dick.

I told him to fuck off and to never come here again, that he was ungrateful piece of shit, etc. This was all happening on my front door step. Hope my neighbors didn't hear me!

So as he is riding off, he is yelling about how he IS the law around here, fuck you, etc.

I got pretty damn flustered by the whole thing. This kind of shit gets under my skin and will keep me pissed for days. I think I need anger management or something.

So here are the questions:

1) How many of you keep a pistol near the front door in case you ever need it? Once me and him started getting into it, I started to think about where I had any firearm close-by. I live on a busy street so I wasn't real worried about a fist fight in the front yard, but I was wishing there was a pistol by the front door in case I needed it.

2) I know it was stupid of me to ever do anything with this guy once he left that lawn mower here the first time. But, under the circumstances of what happened tonight, who would have done what differently (assuming you were stupid enough like me to let this prick keep coming around long enough for this to happen)?

3) Should I do anything now? I have his supposed first name and a phone number on a piece of paper from the first time he was here. I wanted to ask for a driver's license but I didn't want to be a dick. Now I know I should have. Anyway, he does a lot of work in this neighborhood so I should be able to find out who he is if he gets cute. Should I call the police with a "This guy who mowed my yard" story? Seems kinda puss to me. Whaddya think fellas?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
..................hmmmm.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
1. do your own yard work or get someone you do know....local kids,fat chance I know.

2. carry all the time.even if you dont think you need to.

3. carry all the time.

4. next time he comes around whip his ass,you are the homeowner,he is trespassing..
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just kill the guy, I'm sure he won't be missed
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing I can say is NO you don't need anger management,  you have a right to be pissed at this fucking low life leech.

The other thing to consider is getting people mad at you that have nothing to lose.  This guy sounds like a real deginerate and again,  has nothing to lose.  People like that can do some crazy shit.

Pack all the time,  stay vigilant for the next few weeks.  Also go to your local p.d. and file a report of exactly what happened.  That way if you do ever kick the shit out of this guy,  you will have evidence that he has been a problem in the past.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
1. Keep a pistol on your person, ALWAYS!

2. Mow your own grass. It's the only way you'll get it done right and you wont have to deal with fucks that cut grass for a living.

3.The "law" in your neighborhood cuts grass. And with a hot lawn mower? LOL What a 'tard!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
1. Guy's a dick. However, he seems too clever to do anything real stupid to screw w/a citizen . . . except burglarize your house, which he has had ample opportunity to case.

2. There is a pistol near the front door almost anytime my ass is near the front door. I asked my granddad once "Do you have your pistol with you?" He answered "I'm not sure. Look and see if I'm wearing my pants."
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
got quite a temper have we? [:P]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the posts so far. I knew I would catch some serious heat for not doing my own yard work. I used to do it all, but now I work anywhere from 60-90 hours a week and honestly like to sit on my ass and read ARFCOM when I get home.

I was going to buy a Glock 30 this week so I guess that process just got expedited. I can keep my Keltec on me easily concealed for now. The Glock 21 (.45)moves to the front of the house by the front door, the shotgun stays in the bedroom.

I am also big into privacy because I do live on a busy street and just 'cause that's who I am. The one time he did work here I was at the house. He has been here to pick up his stuff when I was not here, but I have no outside key or easy ways to peek inside so hopefully I haven't been cased too much. I guess I will go file a report tomorrow.

Thanks, you guys always help me keep my head on straight.

Looks like I go back to paying out the ass for a trusy yard service or back to doing it myself.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Him "You ain't gotta be a dick about it."

Me "Get the hell out of here. I don't need this shit."

MF "Fuck you then."
View Quote

Daaaaaaaamn! You gonna take this shit? If'n I were you..... I'd punk him out![slap]

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...BUT, he had to run around to different houses in my neighborhood and borrow everything he needed: ladder, rake, lawnmower. I didn't give a shit. He seemed to know the people he was borrowing from and he was cheap.
View Quote

That says it all!  I have a hillbilly neighbor that always needs to borrow shit.  I final told them to go buy their own equipment.  First, don't inconvenience your neighbors.  Second, buy your own equipment.  Third, you get what you pay for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top