Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 7:40:24 AM EDT
I ran adaware last night because I have been getting some popups and the font sized on webpages seems to have changed (along with certain words being underlined with yellow).  The internet stopped working and then I rebooted and email also went dead.  I had to revert my hard drive to before I ran adaware so i could be back on line now.  I updated adaware to the latest version but am still having issues.  Does anyone have a fix for this problem?  Is it removing a certain file from the windows directory due to some spam attaching itself to it?  Is there a place to re-download this file?  Am i the ony one experiencing this?

thanks for the help
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#1]
spybot search and destroy.

mike
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
stop using adware and switch to the best: spybot...

[url]www.security.kolla.de[/url]

i may be mistaken but adware is running in the background increasing the probability of software incompatability.  spybot runs manually but does a great job of removing spyware code from your system.  make sure you run the update option from the program.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
stop using adware and switch to the best: spybot...

[url]www.security.kolla.de[/url]

i may be mistaken but adware is running in the background increasing the probability of software incompatability.  spybot runs manually but does a great job of removing spyware code from your system.  make sure you run the update option from the program.

View Quote

CGI-limits reached, please try again later!
whats that mean?  got that when going to that german web url
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#4]
See my reply to you at pre-ban.com GD. [:D]
[url]http://www.pre-ban.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8009&st=0&#entry80683[/url]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Goto [url]www.cnet.com[/url] and type in spybot in the search box.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I use Adaware and Spybot daily with no problems.
I need both of them cause one finds things the other misses.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I paid $40 and got SpyFerret, it found much that AdAware 6 and SpyBot did not notice.

Much imporved.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use Adaware and Spybot daily with no problems.
I need both of them cause one finds things the other misses.
View Quote

Ding Ding Ding
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Check this site out [url]http://www.cexx.org/newnet.htm[/url]. I ran into a problem like that. Turns out some spyware crap installs a line of code in the Windows TCP/IP Stack, and when the software that goes with the code is removed, TCP/IP no longer works correctly. For one variant that I found, the lsp-fix resolved the issue. I never did find a resolution for another variant I found. I just ended up reloading the computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top