Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 7:16:11 AM EDT
I test software for the company I work for. It is something that I started just a couple of years ago. I have worked with many developers and currently work with a guy who was a developer and now works in QA. He is extrodinary at writting programs to help test.
I have learned a lot from him and I have drawn a conclusion from the things I have seen him do with the simplest object. If 'Smart Gun' technology is pushed on us it will lead to the complete incapacitation of all our guns. The technology used to make the gun operate by the intended person can be overridden by a remote you can buy at Home Depot. I am sure that is the intended purpose for 'Smart Gun' technology rather than keeping anyone safe.
It will mean one thing that at anytime you may have to defend yourself, and that includes against some government agent, your firearm can be rendered ineffective.
There is only one reason for this 'Smart Gun' technology and that is disarmament of everyone who resists.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything that can be make by one man can be broken by another. Look at DirecTV with it's smart cards and encryption technology - look at DVD encryption - if smart gun technology has been forced on us there will be cracks for it within days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top