Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 3:01:07 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good dealer, or better yet, an arfcom member who sells Maglite replacement components.

TIA
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Tate, don't know of a dealer or ARFCOM member. I bought my Maglite Flashlights at Wallyworld. But Mag Instrument is in Ontario, California. I'm sure you can replacement parts from the manufacturer. They might even have a web site didn't check. BobK
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#2]
What are you looking for? I'm sure there are enough people around with dead Maglites floating around who can possibly supply what you need. I know I've got a couple.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah really. Maglites suck in my opinion. I bopught a Streamlight and its worked great for over 4 years now. Not a good club though.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Although I don't stock them, I can get them. Let me know what you need (here, IM or email) and I'll get you a price.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What are you looking for?
View Quote

The only thing EVERY Maglite owner looks for. The little rubber switch cover that falls out all the time.

Woe to the dope from the previous shift who leaves his Maglite lying around with one in it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#6]
No kidding?

I've used mine daily...well, nightly, for the past 10 years and have never had a problem of any kind. Not even the switch cover.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.flashlightking.com[/url]

Order on line and 3 days later the BBT shows up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maglites suck in my opinion.
View Quote

I've never had a quality problem with mine.

I've had the same rechargable Mag for 12 years. And it has taken a beating. A three cell D also. I've probably bought about 20 of the AA mini mags, just keep losing them. The mini's are great map lights with the low light attachment, one lives on my LBV, always keep one in the medic pack, LBV ass pack, and a another in my main pack. Also in the glovebox, junk drawer and in the nightstand. They never break.

What "sucks" about them? The indestructable aluminum housing? Haven't been able to damage one to the point of non functioning yet. The batt ones don't throw a ton of light? So what, they'll keep throwing light long after my Surefire Aviator or 6P have died, and the batteries don't cost an arm and a leg either.

I dig them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
They suck in the sense that they have little light output, especially so in a mini-mag. The old school "d" and "c" cell lights suck in the sense the bulbs are extemely fragile and quit working every time its dropped.

Compared to streamlight rechargeable products, well, there just isnt any camparison.

I use lights for a living and wouldnt be caught dead with a Maglite. Perhaps they might have merit in a SHTF senario, if there is no electricity the tons of batteries availble will be of use.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Once you go Surefire, mini-mags just never feel sufficient anymore.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maglites suck in my opinion.
View Quote

I've never had a quality problem with mine.

I've had the same rechargable Mag for 12 years. And it has taken a beating. A three cell D also. I've probably bought about 20 of the AA mini mags, just keep losing them. The mini's are great map lights with the low light attachment, one lives on my LBV, always keep one in the medic pack, LBV ass pack, and a another in my main pack. Also in the glovebox, junk drawer and in the nightstand. They never break.

What "sucks" about them? The indestructable aluminum housing? Haven't been able to damage one to the point of non functioning yet. The batt ones don't throw a ton of light? So what, they'll keep throwing light long after my Surefire Aviator or 6P have died, and the batteries don't cost an arm and a leg either.

I dig them.
View Quote

Hey Sherm. I carried several at work over a span of years and know many guys who also carried them, and I know how theirs worked as well. Mainly I'm referring to the 2 "D" cell models and the  "C" cell models. They do not put out good light over time, even with brand new Duracells. The switches also have a tendency to break - I had to give one I carried a good smack against a solid surface after a time to make it work after the switch was turned on.

You say you use a rechargable one - that's the only one I know of that throws out an EXCELLENT light and continues to work over time - don't ask me why, but that's what I've observed. That particular model does work well. I wouldn't carry one because it was just too big to lug around im my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]
To each their own. They work great for me. The minis have just the right amount of light. For med work in the field when excess light is more of a liability, I like the mini mag, under two ponchos. With a map reading attachment, it gives a very small amount of white light useful for reading color maps when red will wash out important parts of the map. I've broken two Surefire bulbs from drops of about three feet, one onto a wooden floor, one onto a sidewalk. Two drops cost me $34. I use lights for a living too. And I carry three on me while on duty, The Aviator, Mag recchargeable and a pelican AAA light from the military ENT kit.

You can never have enough light, most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I've used [url]http://www.flashlights-store.com/[/url]
it was a while ago and the site seems down right now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top