Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 12:32:37 AM EDT
Ive been home from work on a injury I had on november 7th. Im in so much pain I can barely walk . My supervisors know whats going on Im all set with my paperwork & everything. Anyway I got a letter in the mail from the union saying I lost all my health coverage do to termination of my position at work on 11/7/03. So Im all freeked out and call up work to ask what the heck is going on how could I be fired on a medical leave. My supervisor tells me there is absolutely no way that I could have been fired & somone up front just made a mistake. So Im supposed to call the human resorces department monday to find out who f##ked me over.

Now for the real fun . I have been to the emergency room & 3 doctors visits since then including 4 prescriptions I had to get & now Im gonna have to fight to have these bills paid off because some dumbshit had my insurance canceled ?

This just isnt right how the hell does somone f up something like this. I hope to god I dont have to get all my paperwork redone because of somones screw up .  

Edit to add

Oh and the sh!t storm that letter saying I was terminated caused Oh my god I guess thats what guys meen when they say SHTF !
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I will never join a union.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ive been home from work on a injury I had on november 7th. Im in so much pain I can barely walk . My supervisors know whats going on Im all set with my paperwork & everything. Anyway I got a letter in the mail from the union saying I lost all my health coverage do to termination of my position at work on 11/7/03. So Im all freeked out and call up work to ask what the heck is going on how could I be fired on a medical leave. My supervisor tells me there is absolutely no way that I could have been fired & somone up front just made a mistake. So Im supposed to call the human resorces department monday to find out who f##ked me over.

Now for the real fun . I have been to the emergency room & 3 doctors visits since then including 4 prescriptions I had to get & now Im gonna have to fight to have these bills paid off because some dumbshit had my insurance canceled ?

This just isnt right how the hell does somone f up something like this. I hope to god I dont have to get all my paperwork redone because of somones screw up .  

Edit to add

Oh and the sh!t storm that letter saying I was terminated caused Oh my god I guess thats what guys meen when they say SHTF !
View Quote

Calming down and finding out what happened to you would be one way to deal with this although I know that can be difficult if you think you no longer have a job. It sounds like there was a screw up somewhere.  As for being terminated, in 99% of all terminations it is done by the company, not the union. Where I work, the union cannot fire anyone nor do they hire anyone. You can  lose your job for failure to pay dues but even then you must go through a [b]company[/b] held hearing where you can state your case before any termination. Find out Monday what is wrong by contacting both the company and the union. Do what needs to be done to correct this problem. Freaking the f*ck out won't solve anything. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I will never join a union.
View Quote

Amen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top