Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2003 10:00:45 PM EDT
and had a few questions for some of you military guys.

I would like to try my hand at possibly getting into the 75th Rangers. I've heard stories of recruiters promising the world and not delivering. So what should I make sure gets written into my contract? Airborne, Ranger school etc.

Also I've been hearing about the Army changing it's policy on not allowing a direct enlistment into Special Forces. From what I read in SOF mag, is that due to the high demand nowadays for SF soldiers, now the Army is offering a similar contract to the Ranger contract but for Special Forces. Is their any truth to this. If so can anyone tell me more about it?

Also is their anyone here that's been through either of these schools that has any pointers.

Thanks guys.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.socnetcentral.com/vb[/url]

DON'T POST, READ.

Use the search button - it is free there.

If you have something specific you cannot find an answer for, THEN ask - politely.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are you in FL?
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushnell.
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Tac, you want an option 40. On the FAQ to the link above is an actual scan of a RIP contract. Print it out and take it to your recruiter and make sure yours says the same thing.

The recruiter's job is to sneak his dick into your ass while your not looking so be well armed with everything you can learn ahead of time.

As for the rest of the site, that was good advice about reading before posting. Fill out your profile and be able to articulate why your question is different from all the other noob questions. Those guys love to chew asses and boot people.

Lots of good info tho...

[@:D]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The BTDTs at SOCNET will eat you up and spit you out. Just like the Spec4 mafia will at Ranger Batt. Make sure you get a Ranger contract in you enlistment. If your recruiter or the guys at MEPS can't give it to you then  tell them see you later. Tell them your going to the AirForce to become a PJ. If you get your Ranger contract and make it to RIP remember NEVER EVER GIVE UP! NEVER EVER QUIT!!! As much shit as they give you never give up. When you get to BATT you will be worked and fucked with like nothing in your life. SUCK IT UP and DRIVE ON! Never GIVE the MAFIA the gratitude of making you quit. Living in the Ranger Batt and being an Ranger are alot different then going to Ranger School and earning you TAB.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[url]www.socnetcentral.com/vb[/url] DON'T POST, READ.
View Quote

[LOL]

[i]edited to add:[/i] wow, that is an amazing site with some incredible people. while i never forgot my poncho, i've been smoked on tank hill until my arms fell off. and all before 8am...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow! I think I just might be spending as much time over there as I do here now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tac, you want an option 40. On the FAQ to the link above is an actual scan of a RIP contract. Print it out and take it to your recruiter and make sure yours says the same thing.

The recruiter's job is to sneak his dick into your ass while your not looking so be well armed with everything you can learn ahead of time.

As for the rest of the site, that was good advice about reading before posting. Fill out your profile and be able to articulate why your question is different from all the other noob questions. Those guys love to chew asses and boot people.

Lots of good info tho...

View Quote

What's the difference between the option 40 and the option 20? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of good info tho...

View Quote

What's the difference between the option 40 and the option 20? Thanks.
View Quote
option 20 comes with a free t-shirt
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]
you got some email there 45
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Get everything in writing, has that been said once or twice?  Even then, be prepared to feel that big green weenie where it doesn't belong, at some point.  [:|]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top