Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2003 9:52:18 PM EDT
I don't want to talk about OU so noone reply to this thread please.

Link Posted: 12/6/2003 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
"MICHAEL STRAHAN! HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS.. HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS!!"
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Can I have the first post-apocalypse IBTL?

CW
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
funny you should say apocalypse as I've watched apocalypse now twice today due to ARFCOM being out of commission
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Well you missed a hell of a game, or maybe 2 great games.  Well not if you were from OR, GA or OK but other than that.  The SC game had some awesome plays.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope after they got their asses kicked that USC and LSU get the championship game.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:55:22 AM EDT
[#6]
This ought to make the BCS ratings interesting...
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Ohio University?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#8]
What's wrong with talking about Over/Under shotguns?  [;D]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#9]
As a Longhorn, I smile with satisfaction.[:D]
It wasn't my team kicking OU's ass, but dammit it was fun to watch none the less. Now you know how it feels!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hope after they got their asses kicked that USC and LSU get the championship game.
View Quote

Don't get me started with USC - they are so overrated, and I hope they are forced to play Michigan in the rose bowl instead.

Then, when Michigan [b]spanks[/b] USC, then everyone will realizee how over-rated they were, and accept that they should never have been in the BSC championship game.  [:P]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Ahhh yes, the BCS-what a fucking joke. Without a playoff system of any kind, there will be one team left to wonder what if...

I agree that USC is grossly overrated and their true fate should lie with the Rose Bowl.
OU still may deserve a Sugar Bowl bid, but LSU has had a far more difficult schedule. If the current situation doesn't further prove the need for a playoff system in college football, then we can all expect to debate the worthiness of any team who plays for a national title. The BCS just plain sucks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Alright, BCS is a joke, but how do you determine {b]who[/b] gets to the playoffs?

Not so easy, now is it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#13]
hate to be a buzzkill, but who gives a fuck who wins the collegiate championship.  The conference championships are what should count.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#14]
The BCS is a very flawed system as pointed out earlier.

You take a team like Kansas State that comes in and fucking OWNS Oklahoma what does that tell you??

A so called number 15 team OWNS the number 1 team.

It means there should be playoffs like the NFL,  that way,  there is no guessing at the end.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You take a team like Kansas State that comes in and fucking OWNS Oklahoma what does that tell you??

View Quote

That OU quit and gave up. It pissed me off.
I went to OU and want them to win the National
Championship. But they were bitch slapped last
night and I don't know if they deserve to go.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Alright, BCS is a joke, but how do you determine {b]who gets to the playoffs?

Not so easy, now is it.
View Quote

Yeah, it is. The NFL manages to do so as do NCAA Division II schools. Division I ball is too fucked up over bowl game money.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Alright, BCS is a joke, but how do you determine {b]who gets to the playoffs?

Not so easy, now is it.
View Quote

Yeah, it is. The NFL manages to do so as do NCAA Division II schools. Division I ball is too fucked up over bowl game money.
View Quote

Yep.

Div I college football is the only sport I know of where the winner is 'chosen' off the field of play.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#18]
1-AA football has playoffs.

Anyway why not take each conference champion and let play in  a playoff. Plus maybe 2 at-large teams as a concession to the independents like Central Florida and Notre Dame.

CRC
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This ought to make the BCS ratings interesting...
View Quote

Very good chance that USC will be number one in both polls but NOT at the big show.  This may be the last year for the BCS rating system.

May be even more interesting if OU is there and not even champions of their conference.  (Then you could make a legitimate argument that USC didn't even play a conference championship game.)

One big fucking mess.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Anyway why not take each conference champion and let play in a playoff. Plus maybe 2 at-large teams as a concession to the independents like Central Florida and Notre Dame.

CRC
View Quote

I thought Notre Dame just recently joined a conference.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Anyway why not take each conference champion and let play in  a playoff. Plus maybe 2 at-large teams as a concession to the independents like Central Florida and Notre Dame.

CRC
View Quote

In the spirit of this holiday season may I say [red][b]FUCK NOTRE DAME !![/b][/red]

5sub
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't want to talk about OU so noone reply to this thread please.

[grenade]
View Quote

You think you got problems, I'm an ALABAMA fan !!

Course K State did you use the game plan Alabama used against OU.  K State had the personnel and executed the plan virtually perfectly.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#23]
This may be the last year for the BCS rating system.
View Quote

The BCS is going to be at least crippled.
It's predicted that OU will keep the #1 BCS ranking (while falling in the other polls!) and it will be OU v LSU with USC going to the Rosebowl to play UofM.

No team that gets spanked that hard in it's last game of the season should be able to hold into the #1 ranking!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I wonder what OU-Beta has to say...
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]
No team that gets spanked that hard in it's last game of the season should be able to hold into the #1 ranking!
View Quote

K State didn't get to when Texas up-ended them in the 1998 Big 12 title game, but OU will. What a load of SHIT.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#27]
USC is overrated?

How on earth do you come to THAT conclusion.

LSU is overrated, because East Coast reporters take it as a article of faith that West Coast schools are automatically inferior. They have been looking for any excuse to deny USC a trip to the Sugar Bowl, for no apparent reason other than the ancient prejiduce against West Coast "party schools" and their "surfer boys".
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I just hope it tones down some of the RABID OU fans around here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I think it was a good thing. Now we can refocus...... and win the Sugar Bowl, and the National Championship. GO OU!!!!!!!!!

(Did I mention I'm an OU fan?...and yes I'm an Okie and proud of it!!!!!)
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Now we can refocus...... and win the Sugar Bowl, and the National Championship. GO OU!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

"We?" I wasn't aware that there were any active OU players or coaching staff on this 'site. Tell us what position you play or what your coaching specialty is.

Would it be more realistic to say you're probably just some fucking hanger-on? You know, the kind of fair weathered loser who wants to be a part of someone else's success.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#31]
No, I just like OU. There is no need to get all uptight over them winning or loosing, its just a football game.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#32]
They got spanked like the arrogant red-headed stepkids that they are and then they got sent home crying to their mamas!

[image]http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/119601/0.jpg[/image]

"Playing like a [b]Pro team[/b], I don't think so!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder what OU-Beta has to say...
View Quote

I have my hotel and tickets to the sugar bowl, we better go.  Looked like White was hurt pretty bad.  They should have pulled him.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#34]
No, I just like OU. There is no need to get all uptight over them winning or loosing, its just a football game.
View Quote

No, I am going to be uptight. I'm getting FUCKING TIRED of hearing how OU is "NUMBER ONE" after they play football "powerhouse" Univeristy of North Texas for their season opener EVERY FUCKING YEAR (and that shit is considered "strength of schedule?"), after they continue to dominate collegiate football dynasties such as Arkansas Tech, Indiana State, UTEP, etc. I'M FUCKING TIRED OF IT.

I'm tired of hearing how Bob Stoop's old lady sold more Mary Kay/Avon/Amway than anyone else in the southwest. I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THAT SHIT, TOO.

I'm REALLY FUCKING TIRED of the OBNOXIOUS OU ASSHOLE FANS who consider themselves a part of their team's success. You fuckers weren't suiting up, you weren't running two-a-days, and YOU SURE AS HELL AREN'T ON THE FUCKING TEAM.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#35]
"Playing like a Pro team, I don't think so!
View Quote

That one always cracks me up.. The pro-teams would clobber any college team.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#36]
They did it.

#2 LSU will play #3 OU.

The #1 team in the Nation, USC, will be shut out of the supposed national championship game because of the continuing prejudice that west coast "surfer boys" cannot play football.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I am going to be uptight. I'm getting FUCKING TIRED of hearing how OU is "NUMBER ONE" after they play football "powerhouse" Univeristy of North Texas for their season opener EVERY FUCKING YEAR (and that shit is considered "strength of schedule?"), after they continue to dominate collegiate football dynasties such as Arkansas Tech, Indiana State, UTEP, etc. I'M FUCKING TIRED OF IT.

I'm tired of hearing how Bob Stoop's old lady sold more Mary Kay/Avon/Amway than anyone else in the southwest. I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THAT SHIT, TOO.

I'm REALLY FUCKING TIRED of the OBNOXIOUS OU ASSHOLE FANS who consider themselves a part of their team's success. You fuckers weren't suiting up, you weren't running two-a-days, and YOU SURE AS HELL AREN'T ON THE FUCKING TEAM.
View Quote

So the people that pay the inflated ticket prices and donate to their alumni aren't part of the team??

You are dead fucking wrong.  I AM part of the Rebels here in Vegas even though I don't go play on the field because I help buy uniforms and Gatorade!!!!  So does everyone else that pays to go to the games and buys $6 beers.

Who shit in your Cheerios anyway??
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#38]
So the people that pay the inflated ticket prices and donate to their alumni aren't part of the team??

You are dead fucking wrong. I AM part of the Rebels here in Vegas even though I don't go play on the field because I help buy uniforms and Gatorade!!!! So does everyone else that pays to go to the games and buys $6 beers.

View Quote

Then by your fucked up analogy, I should also be an OU team member since I'm a taxpayer and OU is a public supported school. I'd say you're wrong, Jack. That and you're some wannabe hanger-on who must live vicariously through the actions of others. Pretty fucking sad.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
USC is overrated?

How on earth do you come to THAT conclusion.
View Quote

By looking at the ranked teams that USC played during the season.  Wow - big blowout against Oregon State, how impressive [rolleyes]

The PAC-10 schedule that USC plays is WEAK, and they are WEAK - and they will be annihilated by Michigan in the Rose Bowl (unless they cheat, like they did against Northwestern in 1996).  And then suddenly all the USC apologists will admit that perhaps USC didn't have what it took to play against top teams.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You are dead fucking wrong. I AM part of the Rebels here in Vegas even though I don't go play on the field because I help buy uniforms and Gatorade!!!! So does everyone else that pays to go to the games and buys $6 beers.

View Quote

Then by your fucked up analogy, I should also be an OU team member since I'm a taxpayer and OU is a public supported school. I'd say you're wrong, Jack. That and you're some wannabe hanger-on who must live vicariously through the actions of others. Pretty fucking sad.
View Quote

Are you now or ever been in the United States Military?  Well if you are not serving now then how can you say our country,or our military?

All you have to be to be a fan and a part of the team is too support them,on the field and off!    You live vicariously this date from the suffering of others that lost their lives at Pearl Harbour,but I bet you still feel the lose just as those that were there!

Were you attacked or were we attacked? Seems many here feel the team connection much more than you do(I root for OSU unless they are playing OU) I am still a good Okie in doing such!

The more you keep using this small time attack at fans whom would want to feel attached to their football teams by saying we or us is just a wedge that makes many of us and others from here say Sir Please get another Axe to grind!

Bob [:D]  [shock]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Did you mean OUI?  If so, we need pics!  [naughty]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Did you mean OUI?  If so, we need pics!  [naughty]
View Quote

You sick puppy,thats from Deliverence Right!

Thought so!  Just scream OUI,OUI,  bad!

Bob [:D]  [shock]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

If you want to wear a hat that says "OU" go right ahead.  If you don't want to,  don't,  it's up to you.

On the other hand,  why don't you just stfu.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top