Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 7:05:20 PM EDT
whos got them, any reccomendations. i need to spend less than 200 for a basic no-frills or low-frills GPS unit for a few upcomming hunting and fishing trips.

I can get a magellen with my employee discount, so thats the brand im most likley looking at. they have a simple GPS that will cost me about $155, but for an extra $30 i can get one with mapping ability. im just trying to decide if i should spring for the mapping one. any input appreciated

thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Garmins are easier to use, little faster unit. You can find the Garmin Legands for right at 200 now. Mapping is nice for the topo maps
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
magellen had some issues with their mapping software last year that gave some folks fits. not sure if that has been fixed or not.

I prefer garmin but either brand should be a good unit. DO you intend to download maps to it? if not a base unit will do fine. If so get the largest amount of memory in one that you can afford.

mike
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a rino 110.i use it for hunting and it also has a built in FRS and GRMS radio. good for basics..if anyone eles in your party has a rino 100 or 120 you can send them your lat/lon wile talking to them and it will show up on your screen map.
it doesnt have a base map,other then that its ok. and will be about the same as what you can get with your discount
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top