Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 6:09:52 PM EDT
What are the requirements to join a private range up there in the North?

Any of you got some particulary stupid request that made you decline?

I recently became extremely tired of the nasty behavior of a lady at the range I usually go, so I checked out another one (just 2 in town) and get this...

1. You can only shoot ammo purchased there and no reloads at all.

2. You have to register all the guns you have with them, so you're safer, knowing that all the people thare are using legal weapons (you have to register all guns with a "BATF" here).

I was like, WTF, I'll let you have my gun user ID card, but there's no way in Hell I'm gonna let some private organization take note whet I own and what I don't...

It seems like a nice place, but untill those stupid requirements doesn't get canned I'm not shooting there, period.

NsB
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeebus!
I dont blame ya!

A range in Tampa tried that and more and I walked right out!

I say Fook em !
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
No shooting before noon on sunday. Other than that just about anything goes.Only 100 yds though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
2. You have to register all the guns you have with them, so you're safer, knowing that all the people thare are using legal weapons (you have to register all guns with a "BATF" here).
View Quote

What kind of far out shit is that???

I have never heard of such a thing,  that sounds like some fucked up front for the government or something.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have never heard of such a thing,  that sounds like some fucked up front for the government or something.
View Quote

It doesn't make sense at all, the govement already knows what firearms we have (legal users that it is). And you ain't gonna declare an unregistered gun if you have one, duh...

Once they ask you for your "Gun User ID Card", you should be free to use whatever you want to pay for... What do they need to know what guns you have?

That's messed up in several levels... [:(!]

NsB

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Register ALL your guns with a private group?!?

I THINK [b]NOT![/b]

Don't know about private ranges.  I use a free public range that has no rules (other than the 4 basics and common sense).  Never had any issues or problems at all, ever.

The thought of having to go through the crap you do just makes me shudder.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they new?
If so they probably wont get old!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

ARG = Argentina.   Deimos has to operate in the framework of that governmental system, not the USA's.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Non of their business as long as they're legal, up here all we need to do is pay yer dues and observe the shooting hours, and keep the 50's off the plinking range. Don't know the laws down there but chances are they probably don't need to know.....Do they?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

ARG = Argentina.   Deimos has to operate in the framework of that governmental system, not the USA's.  
View Quote

Ok,  it is still fucked up because it is not a government owned range from what I understand.  It is privately held.

By the way,  the most stringent it gets around here is to be a member of the NRA and go through an approved gun safety course.

Otherwise,  go out in the desert on your own and wear pink polka dots if it suits you.

Edited to ask:  Are you legally allowed to shoot anywhere besides a designated range down there?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Deimos,

Sounds like the nazis who escaped Germany after WW2 have finally set up their puppet gubmint.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#11]
wtf.... that sounds more like some kind of paintball field than a range....
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No shooting before noon on sunday. Other than that just about anything goes.Only 100 yds though.
View Quote

Same here, exc. we have a 200 yd range. And we have Class III. And- it's in Massachusetts! [:O]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]
[b]Posted by Airwolf
Register ALL your guns with a private group?!?
I THINK NOT!!!
View Quote
[/b]
Well, I'm not doing it neither!
It's none of their business and it can only lead to bad things (not to mention that I don't really see how that registration would make me feel safer in the range)

[b]Posted by tc6969
Are they new?
View Quote
[/b]
Yep, brand new! And by the facilities, they invested quite a large ammount of money... [:O]
Thing is, I don't know how many people are going to refuse to register their guns again... [:(]

[b]Posted by 8531sgt
Don't know the laws down there but chances are they probably don't need to know.....Do they?
View Quote
[/b]
By law they don't need to know (private parties, the .gov does need to know, you have to get a "gun ID card" before going to pick it up from the gun store), but since the range master is behind you (indoors range) they can see what you're using.

It's a stupid rule only this place has, I never heard something like this on other ranges I'd go...
Tipically you just have to show that you're a licenced gun owner (meaning that you passed psych tests and gun handling tests and not have criminal records) and that does it, after that you just follow common sense safety measures.

[b]Posted by lvgunner777
Edited to ask: Are you legally allowed to shoot anywhere besides a designated range down there?
View Quote
[/b]
You know, I have no idea, I think not, but then again if you have a farm or something I don't think they can tell you not to shoot (keeping all the safety measures, like backstop and such).
I'm pretty sure you can't shoot on public land.

[b]Posted by The_Tactical _Jew
Sounds like the nazis who escaped Germany after WW2 have finally set up their puppet gubmint.
View Quote
[/b]
Hehe, I live in Buenos Aires, not Bariloche! [:P] [:D]
You know, the pic of your kid looking holding a gun like an Arian poster child while being a jew is quite a symbol of how idiotic those ideals were... and how those fucktards failed to endure them! [devil]

NsB
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Other than reasonable strict safety rules, I can't complain about the club I belong to.  The club's property used to be in the middle of nowhere, but urban sprawl has been encroaching on it and there is more emphasis on keeping all shots in the backstops and not ricochetting off the ground.  Even if you're plinking, the etiquette is pretty much the way it is if there was a match going on (chamber clear, unloaded weapons if you're not on deck.)
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Requirements:[url]SacValley.org[/url]

$100 per year.

Pistol Range & rifle ranges open to the public(100&300 yards)

1000 yard range open to members only.

Covered Benches

Highpower matches

Military Silloette matches

and much more.

All this and it's in Northern California and VERY AR15 and assult rifle friendly.

[img]http://sacvalley.org/photos/albums/userpics/normal_ranges.jpg[/img]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#16]
They make you pay dues, and they make you work....

'Work' = RO duties, or 'range clean up day', or helping the local '10 shots per year and a deer' crowd get used to their weapons again after hauling them out of the closet...

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#17]
We have a local gunstore with a range in the back that requires you to use their targets and ammo (don’t know if they sell reloads or not).

In this case it isn’t really unreasonable since the range itself is free.

We have another gunstore/range setup where they rent firearms.  They require you to use their ammo in the rental guns, which again strikes me as reasonable.

Around here, I suspect any private range that requires you to register your firearms is probably going to go out of business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top