Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 5:25:32 PM EDT
I am so proud of my wife!

My wife of 15 years and the mother of our three kids is an amazing woman. Not only that she puts up with me. But she’s always full of pleasant surprises…
She had never been to a range, let alone pulled the trigger of a firearm. Not that she does not support the 2nd or has ever given me grief concerning my collection. She just wasn’t interested.
But after 9/11 something started to change. She started to ask how she could defend herself and the kids during an emergency when I am out of town. And then last fall she read Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose, about the Lewis & Clark Expedition. She realized that the most important thing Lewis had along for the entire 3-year expedition into the American Wild was his rifle.
And that did it:
“I want to learn to shoot. Can you teach me?”
I took a deep breath to avoid screaming out loud of joy and replied:
“Well, do you want to learn how to operate a weapon or do you really want to learn how to shoot?
“I want to be able to defend myself and the kids and be able to shoot a deer for food.”
“In that case you really have to learn how to shoot properly and you will have to go to a school to learn it.”
She than asked:
“You mean I have to go to the school in Texas you have been to before?”
“Yes, dear. You’ll have to go Thunder Ranch.”
And she replied: “OK, sign me up”
That was the end of the discussion.
So this November my wife took Urban Rife at Thunder Ranch.
I am so proud of her!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That's great Mr.Fritz !!

And Cudos to your beautiful/more self reliant Bride!!

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You are one LUCKY dude!  Cherish her for as long as you live.  Many folks would like to be in your shoes...
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Does she have any sisters?

That's awesome, congratulations.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Stephen Ambrose was good for something.  Glad she discovered the need for firearms through Lewis & Clark.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]
All that and she cooks too!
I'd say you are proud as you should be.
How much is "her" new rifle gonna cost? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
September 11 changed my wife also. That's when she gave me permission to purchase my AR. She thought we needed better protection!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats to the lady of the house.  It was hearing news about truck drivers getting robbed that mine heard on a trip with me about 6 years ago that completely turned her around.  She went from anti (yes, I got rid of all my fire arms when we got married) into one that sleeps with a pistol under the pillow (my side of the bed when I am not home)  And, she is a pretty good shot too....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top