Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 8:31:35 AM EDT
Anyone own one of these?  Considering the going rate of a real Russian Tigr/SVD, and considering that Romak III "Dragunovs" (which aren't really Dragunovs at all) are going for $750 at best, I'm wondering how one of these guns would fare as an investment, since only 1000 were imported.  Caliber is .308 which I handload for already.

CDNN has them for $1699 but I'm already seeing them sell on Gunbroker and GunAmerica for over $2000.  And yes they are preban of course.

A couple of decent pics from Dragunov.net:

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
i always see a couple of those at local gunshows for sale around 2000.00. they have been making the rounds for 3-4 years by the same dealer. It doesn't look like there is much demand or market for them.

Not sure i would buy one for an investment. Might be difficult to unload down the road.

mike
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
CDNN has been advertising these for at least the last couple of years.  If there only really were 1000 imported, then that seems to say that the demand at that price point just isn't there.  I think you can get alot more rifle for $1700...

Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top