Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 4:50:59 AM EDT
The troops jumped to their feet and cheered when the CinC made his appearance in Baghdad.  That must have been painful for the networks to report with an election looming.

In contrast, there hasn't been a lot of coverage of Hitlery's visit to Afghanistan.  Yeah, there's been some, but I haven't seen her getting standing ovations from the troops (maybe residual effects of Bill's "legacy"?).

Anybody see or hear anything significant?  I have a feeling the reception may have been cordial, but less than warm.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:18:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The troops jumped to their feet and cheered when the CinC made his appearance in Baghdad.  That must have been painful for the networks to report with an election looming.

In contrast, there hasn't been a lot of coverage of Hitlery's visit to Afghanistan.  Yeah, there's been some, but I haven't seen her getting standing ovations from the troops (maybe residual effects of Bill's "legacy"?).

Anybody see or hear anything significant?  I have a feeling the reception may have been cordial, but less than warm.
View Quote
[LOL]No matter how they love or hate the CinC, they jumpoed to their feet MOST LIKELY because somebody hollered, "[B]A-TEN-SHUN![/B]" when Bush walked in.
[;)]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know where she gets off thinking any of our troops have the least bit of desire to see her. She has said she loathes the military, but then has the unmitigated gall to show up for a photo op in a war she opposes led by a president she hates. To bad somebody didn't just bust an M16 over her head.

Better yet just turn her over to the nearest taliban stronhold.

What a pice of shit.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:37:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I was watching the news when President Bush walked in the mess hall. No one had to call attention. They all jumped up. For whatever reason he did it, it was a damn nice thing to do for the troops. Clinton would have never had the balls to go into Baghdad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Way too much showmanship in politics these days, on everyones part. I guess that is how the game is played though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#5]
in afganastan is she,I had heard she was out of the country,just figured she had went to hell to visit with dear old dad santan [devil] it is the holidays after all
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the idea of dropping her off with the Taliban.  I'm sure she would prefer to hang with people who hate GWB as much as she does.
[;)]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#7]
[snoop dogg]

[size=5]BEYOTCH![/size=5]

[/snoop dogg]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn`t hitlery bring some other dumbassocrat with her?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No matter how they love or hate the CinC, they jumpoed to their feet MOST LIKELY because somebody hollered, "[B]A-TEN-SHUN![/B]" when Bush walked in.
View Quote

In all the times I was given the order "Attention!" I never broke into spontaneous applause. I never saw it happen, or heard about it happening.

Until now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Roger that!

The amount of mutual admiration between Bush and the troops was easy to see. No CO giving orders could make that happen. Just look at the troops' reaction to Hillary or other libs to see that. Our troops are not stupid, they know who values them...

Edited to add:

I am not naive enough to think that everything Bush does is for self-sacrificing reasons. But the difference between him and ANY Demo is that I trust him A THOUSAND TIMES MORE than them. What he did was kewl, took guts, and seemed to be appreciated by the troops. I only wish he could have headed up to Afganistan afterwards. Those troops deserved that too, instead of the sour dissappointment of getting Hillary.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't know where she gets off thinking any of our troops have the least bit of desire to see her. She has said she loathes the military, but then has the unmitigated gall to show up for a photo op in a war she opposes led by a president she hates. To bad somebody didn't just bust an M16 over her head.

Better yet just turn her over to the nearest taliban stronhold.

What a pice of shit.

Cpt. Redleg
View Quote

After the Klinton legacy? Aka the damage they did to America.

She'd usurp Mullah Omar in a second. And probably make the Taliban holdouts a more effective fighting force.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#12]
"I have a feeling the reception may have been cordial, but less than warm."

Latest reports say the troops were kept standing outside on a runway for 3 hours waiting for Hillery to arrive.

When she finally graced them with her presence, she reviewed the goons, (excuse, I mean the poor troops) to impress them (and the fawning press) with her stellar presence.

The goons were markedly UN-impressed.  Polite, but no smiles or cheering.

Of course Hillery was, as always, careful NOT to appear in an "unstructured" environment, where people might ask real questions, or might actually BOO like the NYFD Firemen did to her after 911.

I've heard reports that Hillery tossed a HUGE temper tantrum in private, after hearing about Bush's visit.
She apparently was overheard screaming and throwing things, and accusing that SOB Bush of stabbing her in the back, ruining her big splash.

The problem here is, the goons, (excuse me) TROOPS) remember.

They remember:
All the Bill 'n Hill statements about hating and despising the military.

The military ordered NOT to wear uniforms when at the White House, because the administration didn't want to see "that fascist image".

The military people walking through the White House and being hissed at and disrespected by the staffers who were heard making abusive comments about "baby killers" and "murderers".  
AND being chewed out if they so much as ACTED offended.

The group of Captains and Majors ordered by Hillery to serve drinks and finger food at a party, like they were uniformed waiters.
When a senior officer put a stop to it, his career was threatened.
(Later he, and other senior officer's gave strict instructions to all military personnel at the White House that they were soldiers, NOT waiters or go-fers).

The use of American forces for "meals on wheels"
peacekeeping jobs, specifically designed to make the Clinton's look good to the press and the UN, NOT to actually accomplish anything.

The sacrifice of American troops in Mogadishu, who were denied the weapons to both do the job, and to protect themselves, JUST so the Clinton's wouldn't "offend" the UN or the warlords.

The very open willingness to use, abuse, or sacrifice military personnel whenever it might be to the Clinton's benefit, no matter how small the benefit or how large the sacrifice.

With all those memories, would anybody be surprised that nobody was turning hand springs at Hillery's little "fact finding" visit.

The bottom line, (which the goons, excuse me, troops) quickly saw, was for Hillery to make a well-publicized visit, get some nice "human" pictures with the goons (excuse me troops) then go home and declare that the troops are fighting and dying FOR NOTHING.

In other words, to do the usual Clinton thing, which is to use the American military as toilet paper.

If you were ordered to appear, and keep an outwardly respectful appearance while some arrogant scum used you, would you cheer for her?

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#13]
In contrast, there hasn't been a lot of coverage of Hitlery's visit to Afghanistan.
View Quote

Essentially, her fawning supporters in the media realized that she had been hopelessly upstaged by GW, and quietly killed most coverage of her trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top