Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 2:52:42 AM EDT
On Turk day families get together, drink and fight.  Thus I get to play social worker until 4 in the morning.  However on Xmas families get together, drink and I guess be good because it has been really quiet in the past.

Does it work the same way elsewhere?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 2:55:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Everyday is thanksgiving in my relgion, so yesterday was no big deal.

Why the rest of you only give thanks once a year is beyond me, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why the rest of you only give thanks once a year is beyond me, but to each their own.
View Quote

Why would you think the "rest of us" give thanks only once a year?  Do you have a lock on being thankful or do you just have some innate superiority I haven't seen yet?

[devil]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would you think the "rest of us" give thanks only once a year?  Do you have a lock on being thankful or do you just have some innate superiority I haven't seen yet?

Of course the superiority is there, that you can't see it only proves the point.

[devil]
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
mmmkay. [rolleyes]

[devil]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
mmmkay. [rolleyes]

[devil]
View Quote

And there you go!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
My family are all happy-drunks.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:53:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Turkies exist

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:55:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:33:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:46:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not all of us.  I give God thanks many, many times every day.  He is so good to me.

[b]1 Thessalonians 5:18   In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.[/b]

I hope you and yours had a great holiday together.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Our extended family doesn't fight but sometimes the kiddies do get cranky for being up so long.

Christmas is more likely in our family to set nerves on edge because it is a two day affair.

My fireman/paramedic brother likes working the holidays because they get fewer calls.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#12]
What the hell is turkey day?  Are you implying x-mass is Malcolm X's birthday?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#13]
People are nicer at Christmas because they are expecting gifts.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
People are nicer at Christmas because they are expecting gifts.
View Quote

Exactly, then get drunk, knock the tree over and duke it out...the way it's supposed to be.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
On Turk day families get together, drink and fight.  Thus I get to play social worker until 4 in the morning.  However on Xmas families get together, drink and I guess be good because it has been really quiet in the past.

Does it work the same way elsewhere?
View Quote

Hillbilly's + Thanksgiving = Excuse to get drunk.

Hillbilly's + Christmas = To broke to buy booze.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top