Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2003 12:14:13 PM EDT
Well, a week after leaving our Armory, the majority of us are enjoying a three day weekend at home before getting back into the thick of things. I've got to give props to all my guys, no matter how stupid Brigade has been everyone in the 303rd AR BN has been doing a hell of a job over the past week.

Even the Rangers brought in to train us have been shocked at how quickly National Guard Tankers have taken to being Humvee mounted infantry- in the past four days I've re-qualified Expert on the M4A1 carbine, qualified 1st Class with the M-240B GMPG (my primary weapon now, pic included), qualified expert on the AT4 trainer, and passed the first round qualifications on the reflex ranges (pic included) that will ultimatly lead us to kill-house and urban combat ranges in Yakima and the JRTC in Louisiana and then the streets of....wherever those sonfabic#hes are hiding. After our break we get to go to Yakima to qual on the mounted M2HB and m203 gunners will get to shoot their boom tubes for the first time, and next month the Mk19 and the Remington 870 will be added to our aresnals.

The pace has been insane, and our planning can be alkin to driving the Indy 500 in pea-soup fog....I think its a security measure myself....even Osama could be training there with us and he'd have no idea what the next day was going to bring, not to mention when, where, and how we will be deploying. Most guys just miss their tanks.

Anyhow enjoy the pics, and have a happy and filling Thanksgiving to all. God Bless,

Spc.A

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you guys firing on the ranges just outside the gate nearest Roy? I see a lot of activity over there, when I am going to work at CACTF.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, the ever overcast Ft. Lewis.  You guys out of Yakima by any chance.  When I was at the 53rd EOD at Yakima, I used to deal with the 81st there for some maintanence support. They had a crap load of Abrams there (5 years ago).
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving and that you will all stay safe and return home soon. Good luck to all of you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Be safe over there and be sure to bring yourself back in one piece. I was there for 5 months. If you have any questions about Iraq (what to bring, what to expect, etc) be sure to IM or email me.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you guys firing on the ranges just outside the gate nearest Roy? I see a lot of activity over there, when I am going to work at CACTF.
View Quote

We're up at North Fort for our billets, the old WWII barracks, but as for training, I dunno what gate Roy is near, all the ranges we're on are just above the airfield on post....

As for EOD- yeah, that'd be us...Yakima is our key stomping ground when we are "Guard", but my card says Active Army now so....

EOD guys look like they have all the fun...I shoulda MOSQ'ed that way 'stead of Armor if I'd known I'd be made a crunchy....
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Schweet![:D]

Thanks for the pics!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
RebelGray, those WW2 barrack pretty "nice" huh.  I did PLDC in some of crappy style barracks there on North Fort back in 96.  I am kind of surpised they haven't been torn down yet, alot of those buildings were condemned back when I was in.  

EOD is pretty fun when you get destruct ammo but right now EOD is probably the most dangerous MOS to be in Iraq. IED's are most dangerous problem an EOD tech can face.

RebelGray, I hope you guys do your tour over there uneventfully and safely.  Just my 2 cents are STAY ALERT and don't get COMPLACENT!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Reb-watch your ass and come home in one piece, bro!
God Bless!

Tim
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

We're up at North Fort for our billets, the old WWII barracks, but as for training, I dunno what gate Roy is near, all the ranges we're on are just above the airfield on post....

As for EOD- yeah, that'd be us...Yakima is our key stomping ground when we are "Guard", but my card says Active Army now so....

EOD guys look like they have all the fun...I shoulda MOSQ'ed that way 'stead of Armor if I'd known I'd be made a crunchy....
View Quote

If you are talking about Gray Army Airfield, then thats the ones.

Do you see all the brick barracks up at north fort? My company built almost all of them. BTW, theres asbestos in those barracks youre in now. Thats one reason they are being replaced.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#10]
As a former Medic in the 303rd, You keep your head down!, Dont do anything stupid...I.M. me if you have any questions, or you need anything.

Good luck guys. I wish I could go with ya...
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you guys feet, Stryker, or Bradley?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#12]
God's speed.

HOOOOAAAAHHH from an OOOOORAAAAHHH!!!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Hang in there Dude!

Danny
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are you guys feet, Stryker, or Bradley?
View Quote

Actually I'm a loader on an Abrams crew...and now I'm shooting a 240 Bravo off the top of a hard-back Humvee...so I guess you could say we're Leg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top