Noname got it!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Teddy?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I would guess Lincoln. But I don't know which battle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would guess Lincoln. But I don't know which battle.
View Quote

Ft. Steadman in the Washington defenses when Jubal Early threatened the capitol in 1864.

If not then then it would be James Madison in 1814 when the British burned Washington.

The next time before that would be 1794 when Washington led the Goverment Army sent to suppress the Whiskey Rebellion as far as Cumberland MD before turning it over to Harry Lee for the actual work.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, I think that President Bush did a magnificient thing today, indeed!

[red]But, there was not actually a battle in progress, nor was 'the enemy in the field.[/red]'

So, as much as I would love to congratulate everyone on this....

Keep trying!

Eric The(CloseButNoCigar)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Iraq is a war zone. And I doubt if you could find one GI in the MidEast who would agree with the quoted sentence...!

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#9]
ArmdLbrl,

Didn't Jackson go into battle a few times?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ArmdLbrl,

Didn't Jackson go into battle a few times?
View Quote

Not as president. In all the above instances, they were serving presidents. The only wars in his presidency were the Black Hawk War and the Seminole War. The Black Hawk War was over in 90 days. The Seminole war began in Jacksons last term in office and he was not in good enough health to go down to disease ridden Florida, though in his writings we find that he seriously thought about it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I believe President Johnson visited Viet Nam.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Had IKE been sworn in when he visited the troops in Korea?

One of the dramatic points of the 1952 presidential campaign came on October 24 in Detroit when Eisenhower announced that, immediately after his election, he would "forgo the diversions of politics and concentrate on the job of ending the Korean war....That job requires a personal trip to Korea.  I shall make that trip.  Only in that way could I learn how best to serve the American people in the cause of peace.  I shall go to Korea."
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Johnson and Nixon both visited Vietnam. But Eric said that didn't qualify and neither did 41's visit to Saudi in 90'.

Ike had not been sworn in, he went over the holidays after the election.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Poppa Bush went to Kuwait for a FULL 3 DAYS after the last Gulf War....that was the field of battle right?  

Hasn't been that long.  Shrub probably got the idea from Daddy.

How is the enemy in the field in Iraq?  We beat them, remember?  THE WAR IS OVER.  

Eric, why are you so hyped up about nothing?  He's doing his duty as CINC, nothing more, nothing less.  He snuck in at night and flew out in a few hours.  Is he braver or somehow more important than the guys he left behind there?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Didn't Clinton lead a cigar into battle in the 90s? [;D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Poppa Bush went to Kuwait for a FULL 3 DAYS after the last Gulf War....that was the field of battle right?  

Hasn't been that long.  Shrub probably got the idea from Daddy.

How is the enemy in the field in Iraq?  We beat them, remember?  THE WAR IS OVER.  

Eric, why are you so hyped up about nothing?  He's doing his duty as CINC, nothing more, nothing less.  He snuck in at night and flew out in a few hours.  Is he braver or somehow more important than the guys he left behind there?
View Quote

[:(!]

So, it isn;t the enemy that kills our troops almost daily?  Friendly fire?  I think not.

By your logic, the troops over there are "just doing their jobs."  Does that mean they do not deserve the respect of this nation?  Well, I think they do, and they have mine.  As does President Bush.  What better target for some Muslim assholes than the President of the United States?  He took a great risk flying into Baghdad.  He didn't have to but he did.  He flew for [red]27 hours[/red] so he could spend 2 and half hours with our troops.  Is he braver than the troops that have been there since the start?  No.  Is he a great president?  Absolutely.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Teddy?
View Quote

I dont think he was president when they charged san juan hill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top