Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2003 9:10:39 AM EDT
I dont know if any of you caught Wednesday nights episode but GEEZ!!!! The surviving members get a visit from family members from back home and johnny gets a friend to show up and tells him that Johnny's grandmother died.

Johnny starts crying and gets ALL the other castaways to sacrafice their visits from their loved ones so he can get more information on his grandmother's death.

Turns out that Johnny and his buddy made up this story before the game started so he can get to hang with his bud. Johnny even said "My grandmother is home, alive and well watching Jerry Springer on TV"

I know that the game motto is "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast" but YOU KNOW that when the other people find out that he basically BS'ed them BIG TIME, he will find himself at least a black eye.

To me, that was just wrong. Not in the game sense but as far as morality goes. JUST not cool.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I know this show  is a play thing, but the only rule to survival is that there are no rules.

Most here would not last in a real bad, down and dirty situation.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#2]
He is what is wronge with American Society..Do anything for money....he is a sack o shit!!...........no morals.no character and no fucking honor!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He is what is wronge with American Society..Do anything for money....he is a sack o shit!!...........no morals.no character and no fucking honor!!
View Quote

Honor is for duels, not for survival or winning gun fights, the "honor" part comes in when you try to avoid situations that will need drastic action, but when the time comes for [b]staying alive, or keeping others alive[/b] the only  rule is --- there are no rules. As for the TV show I have only watched a few past shows, do not know  what the game rules are.

I did not mean this as a antagonistic post, just as a observation.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I called it before he even admitted it.  Was just too obvious.

Raven noticed the rap on this guy, he is a low level pro wrestler and his whole schtik was to come into this thing as a "heel".  Pretty funny I thought.

And then he got the two idiot women to side with him to save Burton.

I used to hate him, now I hope he wins the thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I called his bluff when they were still playing the game.

I could tell by his demeanor he was full of shit.

Nobody would sit down and play a guessing game minutes after finding out their grandma died.

I could also tell because of the way the host reacted to the news,  he knew it was bullshit beforehand.

I never like the guy before, I really don't like him now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#6]
that is so far the lowest trick played out on survivor.
The real f#cked up thing is when he got the two girls to vote for him to save Burton. He told them he would "swear on his grandmother"
that he was telling the truth this time.
those 2 girls deserve whats coming, they have been f#cked over many times by johny so far.they should know better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
that is so far the lowest trick played out on survivor.
The real f#cked up thing is when he got the two girls to vote for him to save Burton. He told them he would "swear on his grandmother"
that he was telling the truth this time.
those 2 girls deserve whats coming, they have been f#cked over many times by johny so far.they should know better.
View Quote

Yes,  those 2 girls are dumber than dirt.  Lil is probably the dumbest living creature I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Sandra is a fucking moron. After Rupert was voted off, she goes off on Jon, big time. Then she takes Ti by the hand, so they can overhear Jon and Burton talking strategy. All so she can prove to Ti what a MF jon is, because she's determined to get him voted off.
So what does Sandra do?
First she changes her mind and wants to vote Burton off. Then after a conversation with Jon, she votes Ti off.

With dipshits like her, Jon doesn't have to be a puppetmaster.

Jon's slime and the reunion could be interesting.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't look at the TV show "survivor"  as being anything more than a gimmick to make somebody a shitload of money...........now if they were really gonna let one of them get eaten by a lion or someshit then it would be survival!!.....can't take anything seriously on that show!!......I think I read somewhere that the one on Australia was like 5 miles from the local Mickey D's .....maybe urban legand tho!!

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
My next question is "How did he keep such a straight face as his castaway's family members are walking off the plank into the water??" I would have either:

A. felt bad that these people are plunging off the game board because of my lie.

B. laughed my ass off because these people are plunging off the game board because of my lie.

I am hoping "A" because he was able to keep his poker face on. Although I would really like to see one of the other player knock the shit out of him... I would like it to be Rupert.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
There are plenty of places in the jungle to hide bodies.

That's my take on the way to play Survivor.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#12]
People watch that crap?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, the guy's a sleeze. Screwed everybody this time so he can spend time with his significant "other".

Pretty clever except for the death part. Using death of a loved one crosses the line with me in any circumstance including a game. Hope he gets his from the rest of the cast. Will he eternally be remembered as the lowest of scumbags or a clever survivor player?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
People watch that crap?
View Quote

Yeah, I said the same thing. Then I was forced to watch a couple of episodes (being nice for my mother), and I found myself hooked.
Now, I eagerly anticipate each new show.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
FAIRPLAY IS THE MAN!!!!!!

He's a fucking evil genius.  No one deserves the millions bucks more than him.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#16]
He is an assclown, but then again, I like th eidea of dumping them there, no voting off, no food, just let them try and "survive"  make it far more fun to watch for sure [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#17]
The only evil genius/mastermind is the dude who decided how to edit the show.  He makes the contestants look like idiots and keeps the audience pissed off.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I want Rupurt back....   LOL
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought it was great! you know why? He just shot himself in the foot. The best he can hope for now is second place. If he made it to the final 2, and nobody knew about that trick during their stay on the island, they do now. I cant think of a single one of them that would vote for him to win the million after that. I think that was too personal of an attack to be forgiven as "playing the game well". I also wonder if noboady knew about it until now, how many phone calls he got last night.

CH
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Bring back Rupert.

Those two girls are so stupid, heck, they may be dumber than Lil.
I thought Sandra was smart for eavesdropping, but then she blows it by voting off Ti.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I thought it was great! you know why? He just shot himself in the foot. The best he can hope for now is second place. If he made it to the final 2, and nobody knew about that trick during their stay on the island, they do now. I cant think of a single one of them that would vote for him to win the million after that. I think that was too personal of an attack to be forgiven as "playing the game well". I also wonder if noboady knew about it until now, how many phone calls he got last night.

CH
View Quote

They will vote before leaving the island. But if past shows are an indication, the votes won't be read until months later, at an  announce the winner/reunion show.
Could make for an intersting show.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Those two girls are so stupid, heck, they may be dumber than Lil.
I thought Sandra was smart for eavesdropping, but then she blows it by voting off Ti.
View Quote

No shit. I cannot believe they went along with him after he stabbed them in the back. And then he swore on his grandma's grave he wouldn't betray them again. And they totally fell for it. Half the enjoyment of this show comes from marvelling how DUMB some of these people are.

Jon's been on top of the whole situation except when he blew it with Trish and voted against Rupert. That's the only time he wasn't positioned with the winners and made a miscalculation (probably because he was too eager to start playing dirty).

I figured out Fairplay was brilliant weeks ago, but for him to get the people he just betrayed to vote the way he wanted?  When they know he's a lying son-of-a-bitch who cannot be trusted even a little bit? I am basically in awe of him. Rupert didn't have a chance against this guy.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The only evil genius/mastermind is the dude who decided how to edit the show.  He makes the contestants look like idiots and keeps the audience pissed off.
View Quote
and the script writers that come up with this stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
and the script writers that come up with this stuff.
View Quote

No man, there's no writers.  The people who came up with reality shows did so because it was cheap.  No actors, no directors, no WRITERS.  Just put 'em together and see what happens.

The producers manipulate the editing and can change the rules to keep the players and audience off balance.  But that's about it.  Jeff Probst said when he was reviewing the footage where Fairplay disclosed he was lying about his grandma, Probst yelled out "MOTHERFUCKER!" [lol]  But he also said in an article from 2002 that he had been hoping some player would do this. Lie about their background or something, pull one over on the other players. They're allowed to do that, if they want. I guess Fairplay read that article too.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CH
View Quote

They will vote before leaving the island. But if past shows are an indication, the votes won't be read until months later, at an  announce the winner/reunion show.
Could make for an intersting show.
View Quote

Thats right. I forgot. Well fuck! I hope the news is spilled, like a surprise visit from his grandmother, or live feed from her funeral so john may "be there". I can see it now;

"John we have contacted the funeral home and made arrangments to have the funeral recorded and broadcast for you and you tribesmates. We are sorry for your lost and will have the feed up in about 30 minutes!"
CH
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Regarding Rupert coming back...

They are currently filming a new season of Survivor on an adjacent island down there in Panama.  The newest season will premiere after the superbowl and will include 'favorite' contestants from previous seasons - including Rupert.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll never admit to watching this show outside of the Internet.

My favorite player of all the Survivor shows was Rupert with Rudy a close second.
When he stole the shoes of the other tribe on the first night and.. that was priceless.

The antithesis of Rupert was Austin; He was probably the lamest, most weak-minded individual ever on Survivor.
He was the biggest puss on TV.
How could he ever get laid again?
I wouldn't be surprised if he commits suicide after he realizes all of America holds him in disdain

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top