Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2003 8:17:59 AM EDT
OK, when do you normally sit down to your traditional Thanksgiving dinner?
My family have always been late diners (for Thanksgiving it seems), sitting down at about seven.
A lot of people I know, sit down to their dinners in the middle of the afternoon.
For some reason, Thanksgiving seems to be the one dinner in which a lot of family's eat much earlier than they normally would.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm eating at 3:00 this year, come hell or high water.  I don't care if everyone is here or not.  Damnit, I wanna eat now!  3:00 is too late!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Scheduled for five pm this time.  Couldn't do it a lunch, because, unfortunately, we've got a Packer fan amongst us today, and late afternoon works good.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife has to work this year.  So the bird is in the oven (about ten minutes ago) and waiting for the kids to come over.  Dinner is about 7:30.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone at my house has the flu. We are quaranteened in the house for Thanksgiving. No one wants to eat with the sicklies.

A good friend is dropping off leftovers this evening, so me,the wife, and the kids will have a late Thanksgiving by ourselves.

The flu really sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top